Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 03:30 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

If you're a living breathing adult and seem to have any conversation skills, issues outside of work and related to family most certainly do come up at the work place, just some causal mention of they have to pick up little Johnny today from soccer practice or things of the like, then that of course dovetails into other 'family' related issues... can't see how it couldn't otherwise.. I'm not saying people waste tons of time doing it, but surely a hint or reference here and there comes up......

To say that stuff never never comes up is just borderline ludicris......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 06:32 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,689,401 times
when people say they don't discuss personal stuff at work it could mean they are afraid how the info could be perceived or used by other workers. discussing personal life means taking a risk and taking a risk like that can be perilous if its done with controlling people, dependent people, narcissistic people, competitive people. but im sure we all know how nice it feels when we can and do discuss personal lives with those who will not repeat it.

Old 09-13-2013, 01:51 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
If you're a living breathing adult and seem to have any conversation skills, issues outside of work and related to family most certainly do come up at the work place, just some causal mention of they have to pick up little Johnny today from soccer practice or things of the like, then that of course dovetails into other 'family' related issues... can't see how it couldn't otherwise.. I'm not saying people waste tons of time doing it, but surely a hint or reference here and there comes up......

To say that stuff never never comes up is just borderline ludicris......
I think you're confusing the ability to talk about one's personal life at work with the choice to. It only comes up if you bring it up. Nothing ludicris (sic) about it.

Last edited by nearnorth; 09-13-2013 at 02:23 PM..

Old 09-13-2013, 02:09 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,655,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Who cares? Are you interested in him??
Obviously he choose NOT to be "fixed up" or get married...
Why person can't just stay single without people wondering about sexual orientation?
No kidding. The guy probably gets more Azz than a toilet seat but is discreet and has some class.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:37 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,845,122 times
That's his business.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:18 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,157,453 times
Why are you concerning yourself with who he dates, when or if he dates, or his sexual orientation? Perhaps hes uncomfortable disclosing the personal details of his life bc of people who are too meddling or nosy

Old 09-13-2013, 08:05 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
I think you're confusing the ability to talk about one's personal life at work with the choice to. It only comes up if you bring it up. Nothing ludicris (sic) about it.
No sir... I am responding directly to a couple of posters that said and acted like casual talk at work never happens.....

Nothing to do with the choice to talk about personal affairs... which I think a little small talk is fine, I don't want a complete rundown of my coworkers affairs...

I was simply responding to a couple of posters that said that they never talk or hear others talk about personal, non-work stuff at work.... that in of itself, is what I meant by being "ludicrous".........

Old 09-13-2013, 08:57 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,001,614 times
Don't know if he's gay, but he probably has peace of mind.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:39 PM

103 posts, read 226,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthShoreMA View Post
ive never heard him talk of a special woman in his life (or man for that matter) and at first i tbougbt he was just very private; but after four years Im thinking this co-worker is gay....the guy is about 56 and his only interest seems to be golf once a week and then a drinkfest after with his buddies at the club what do you think gay or no gay?
Like other posters have said, it's not your business, and he''s probably single for a reason- so he can golf once a week, and have a drinkfest with his buddies at the club without somebody ******ing about it.He's a smart man, he's learnt the secret to happiness

Old 05-18-2014, 09:23 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
So true!

In fact, OP post describes me perfectly, with the exception I am female. And choose right now not to have/want/need a male in my life.
]

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Who cares? Are you interested in him??
Obviously he choose NOT to be "fixed up" or get married...
Why person can't just stay single without people wondering about sexual orientation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships