Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2013, 11:02 PM

6,887 posts, read 7,943,626 times

Advertisements

Well, it was rude, but the OP did, in his ham-fisted way, teach her a lesson...that telling the truth about yourself matters. We all know that she is the same person 'inside', but that person expected him to NOT care about the 30 extra pounds.

If she is smart she'll post some current pictures and/or lose 30 lbs. I'm not saying she deserved it, though.

If I am disappointed by their looks I still talk with them and try to get to know them/respect them as a person. I'm already there, it really doesn't cost me that much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 11:06 PM

706 posts, read 1,184,852 times
Depends on how much fatter or uglier they are...10-15 pounds might not be a big deal. But if we're talking much more than that it's a no-go. I don't know if I'd walk out on them, but I'd probably make the date as brief as possible and needless to say, there would be no second date.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:16 PM

144 posts, read 183,634 times
You guys are so rude...

Old 09-20-2013, 02:06 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,176,373 times
he absolutely did the right thing
there is no reason to have any respect for someone who blatantly lied to you an tried to deceive you

Old 09-20-2013, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostren View Post
I don't have a lot of experience in online dating, but I've been on several bad blind dates.

One always should be respectful and act like a man. This means following through with the date. Have a few drinks and be cool. Spend a little time, then politely say it was nice to meet you and wrap things up.

When friends set me up on blind dates where they were bad from the beginning, I'm always polite throughout. I then take it out on my friends afterwards for setting me up with someone they should know I wouldn't be interested in. I hate being put in an awkward situation, friends should know better.

Anyway, I say handle it in the exact opposite way you handled it.
the difference is in this case your date didnt deceive you

Old 09-20-2013, 02:36 AM

real shocker the women on here think men should stick around for a liar and buy her a couple of drinks after she already wasted enough of his time.

the hypothetical example of "well what if she lost a ton of weight but didn't want a shallow guy" is a funny one. there's maybe 1 of those for every 1000 women who intentionally post pics of other people/many year or pounds ago.

maybe after a few guys do what the op did this woman will stop lying and wasting guy's time with her nonsense.

and before someone asks if i lied to someone about my height weight etc and they walked out when they saw me they would be perfectly justified.

i'm also tall and never lie about my height, but I have had women tell me they were shocked i was telling the truth about it since so many guys lie which is complete garbage on the man's part.

now if i meet someone and there is just no spark or whatever i will be very polite to her.it's one thing not to click, it's another to be lied to.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:42 AM

119 posts, read 103,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
real shocker the women on here think men should stick around for a liar and buy her a couple of drinks after she already wasted enough of his time.

the hypothetical example of "well what if she lost a ton of weight but didn't want a shallow guy" is a funny one. there's maybe 1 of those for every 1000 women who intentionally post pics of other people/many year or pounds ago.

maybe after a few guys do what the op did this woman will stop lying and wasting guy's time with her nonsense.

and before someone asks if i lied to someone about my height weight etc and they walked out when they saw me they would be perfectly justified.

i'm also tall and never lie about my height, but I have had women tell me they were shocked i was telling the truth about it since so many guys lie which is complete garbage on the man's part.

now if i meet someone and there is just no spark or whatever i will be very polite to her.it's one thing not to click, it's another to be lied to.

Agreed 10000%

Old 09-20-2013, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Of the people who think what the OP did was fine, how many of you would be OK with approaching someone who looks you up and down and turns away with a flat rejection? Or are feelings only important when they're yours?
that's a lot different than being lied to first and having someone make me waste my time going to meet them.i've had women i wasnt attracted to come up to me in a bar and i was always very nice and polite to them. having the courage to approach someone is admirable and there is no reason to disrespect them.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:48 AM

119 posts, read 103,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
AMEN! I think you nailed it here. If she was skinnier than the photo, there would be no complaint - the lie wouldn't even be an issue.

The stupidity of this logic is astounding

If you went to a job interview that was supposed to be a 100K a year job and it was 30K a year, would you be upset?
If you went to a job interview that was supposed to be a 100K a year job and it was 200, would you be upset?

Answer that question and you will see why that logic makes zero sense

Old 09-20-2013, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I keep asking and everyone ignores the question. Maybe you'll be kind enough to answer. Capitol's objection is the girl misrepresented herself on her profile. Yet he did the same thing. Presumably he did not tell her he is a shallow piece of (edited) who would walk out on a date if she didn't look the way he thought she should. Yet he did. He lied by omission. How is this any less serious than the girl not having an updated photo? He still misrepresented himself. Why is it okay for him to do so and not her?
he didn't lie or misrepresent himself at all unless in his profile he said "even if you lie to me and use deceptive photos i will still go through with the date".everyone has different tastes in men/women but nobody would ever meet someone they weren't attracted to on a dating site.physical attraction is very important in dating, that doens't make someone a shallow pos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships