Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2013, 10:55 AM

22 posts, read 20,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Oh please. Unless a mans penis is made of chocolate and ejaculates money, then women settle.

(Men settle too)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
I agree but you'll never see that admitted here.

I'll admit that I'm currently dating a chick that has slept with way more dudes than I'm comfortable with. Technically, im settling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 10:57 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Quote:
Oh please. Unless a mans penis is made of chocolate and ejaculates money, then women settle.

(Men settle too)

LOL.. I love this quote.

I don't like to think of it as settling, I like to think of it as realizing that some stuff is just minor when you look at the whole person. Then again, I am an incurable optimist.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:04 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Lol. "Going to be very successful" ive heard that before.

Yes. I'm currently putting together an admissions packet for a grad program in engineering at MIT. I purposely took a lower paying/MUCH easier job so I would have the time to devote to my application and eventual admission. Hopefully. So yes, I'm working on being more successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
Fascinating. Tell me more about how rough it is to actually get dates.
I've been single for the past 4-ish years. In that time the only dates I've been on originated online. So yeah, for some people (*GASP* even women!) it is difficult to get dates. I'm not very attractive physically so that makes it much harder for me to get any attention beyond men trying for One night stands because they think I'll be easy due to my looks. Yes, I've had multiple men tell me that was the only reason they talked to me.
Thus is life.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:05 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I don't like to think of it as settling, I like to think of it as realizing that some stuff is just minor when you look at the whole person. Then again, I am an incurable optimist.
I agree with you. "Settling" implies that you're not really happy with the person, but they'll do and it's better than being alone. It's different than accepting that nobody's perfect and appreciating them for who they are.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:08 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterwhite18 View Post
No, for obvious biological reasons. I would never date a woman with a kid.

Um, I'm missing something, what is this obvious biological reason?

Old 10-08-2013, 11:13 AM

22 posts, read 20,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Um, I'm missing something, what is this obvious biological reason?
Did a guy with a kid have another man's baby grow inside him? Are you seriously going to try and go all equality on this?

Old 10-08-2013, 11:40 AM

545 posts, read 400,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
i think he meant the woman is "sloppy seconds/thirds" because she's already had a kid by another man, which i can kinda understand. what i don't understand is why he is complaining about the women who passed up "the good men" in their 20s when he did the exact same thing by dating a woman who treated him like crap and went off and had a kid with another man.
For the last time, I harbor no ill will towards her or complaining that I passed up anyone for her. My point was that she didn't want me until she's been tossed aside by others and realized I wasn't all that bad. Not sure why you people keep missing that. I am not mad about the way went down, not mad at all. Just that when they come crawling back is what is irritating. But I let it go and try to at least keep an respectable open line with her. I'm real bitter alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That's some sort of meme that the men's rights guys are convinced that all women do: sleep around in their 20s and then get used up with illegitimate children in their 30s, and the good guys who they didn't want don't want them anymore. It doesn't make any sense, and it's way on the wrong end of the Springer/Montel spectrum, but it's from the internet, so what can you do?
Yeah, So why are all these women running around whining saying they can't get a good men tend to be in their 30s or older and never in their prime at their late teens or 20s?. Could it at that age they can still be picky because of the attention they are getting and in their hubris pass up more suitable mates because he was boring or whatever?. Once that attention starts to fade with time they realize they don't have as many options but it's too late, no one wants you now so you complain "there are no good men left"....I am not convinced of anything, they are the ones who cluck endlessly on and on about how "men are dogs" and this and that, well maybe you need to take a look in the mirror and figure out why you are pushing 40 and can't find a "good man".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
As you get older refusing to date women who have been through a few relationships and have kids is going to be a problem.
No, it's not, there are plenty of outstanding women to pick from. I know this. Women themselves are putting off having children until later and later. I have seen plenty of older men find younger ladies for they are at the pick of their careers. Not saying that is something I would do but there are options, he doesn't have to settle down with someone else's kid and baggage.......sorry. I don't want to get too much into my current dating life, lets just say I am not the one making complaints like "there are no good women left". But I'm the one with the problem?

OMG, I am banging my head against my desk here. For some reason Women just can't be held responsible for anything it seems. "Well you brought that on yourself dude". Really?

That poster was right, anything is the "men's fault" and the mental gymnastics people would do to prove it is amazing.

Last edited by EricGold; 10-08-2013 at 12:35 PM..

Old 10-08-2013, 11:48 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterwhite18 View Post
Did a guy with a kid have another man's baby grow inside him? Are you seriously going to try and go all equality on this?

Huh? I just asked what biological reason you have for not dating women who have had kids. I have no idea what your answer means. Do you think they're defective or something? I guess I just do not understand that line of thinking. My last LTR was with a person that had a one year old when I met her. Never gave it a thought other than trying to get it on with a baby monitor in the background. That was new to me.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:36 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,099,782 times
Quote:
Yes. I'm currently putting together an admissions packet for a grad program in engineering at MIT. I purposely took a lower paying/MUCH easier job so I would have the time to devote to my application and eventual admission. Hopefully. So yes, I'm working on being more successful.
My buddy is talking about applying to grad school, and supposedly it'll take a long time. I thought he was just being lazy or something. Is this a new thing? It takes a long time to get into grad school?
And how can you get into grad school? I hthought you were a pilot and mechanic? Don't you need a B.A. or B.S.? Did you get one for piloting/mechanic?

Old 10-08-2013, 01:12 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,377,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
LOL.. I love this quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I agree with you. "Settling" implies that you're not really happy with the person, but they'll do and it's better than being alone. It's different than accepting that nobody's perfect and appreciating them for who they are.
In actuality I really agree with both of you, I just like that quote lol. I think of it more as compromising than settling. At the same time, I'm sure everyone has something they would change about their significant other in some way.

Settling is a poor term to use to generalize everyone for sure. Its more for those who were otherwise miserable single so they settled for things much less than what they desired.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships