Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 01:51 PM

262 posts, read 546,596 times

Advertisements

As a token good girl, I really despise the assumption that I go for bad boys and that I'm waiting to be "turned out" by some @sshole.

I had a teacher who intentionally put me next to the class "bad boy" because he thought my good would rub off on him, and I could make him a better person. No me gusta! That's the one thing I don't like about the "good girl bad boy" cliche is one of them is expected to change the other... Either the good girls GOODNESS will encourage the "bad boy" to be good, or the "bad boy" will become a bad influence and change the good girl for the worse.

When some people describe a "bad boy" they say cocky, arrogant, assertive, @sshole, and other crap.

I hear thug, dangerous, law breaking, scary, intimidating, @sshole, and other crap! From what I've seen, "bad boys" come with too much baggage and are very confrontational. Screw that!

"Bad boys" don't appeal to me. But guess what? Those are the types that usually want me! I can't attract the token nice guy.

I shouldn't have to be with a guy in hopes that he will change. He should be "good" from the start, why should I have to be the one to make him "better"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 01:55 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,957,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
As a token good girl, I really despise the assumption that I go for bad boys and that I'm waiting to be "turned out" by some @sshole.

I had a teacher who intentionally put me next to the class "bad boy" because he thought my good would rub off on him, and I could make him a better person. No me gusta! That's the one thing I don't like about the "good girl bad boy" cliche is one of them is expected to change the other... Either the good girls GOODNESS will encourage the "bad boy" to be good, or the "bad boy" will become a bad influence and change the good girl for the worse.

When some people describe a "bad boy" they say cocky, arrogant, assertive, @sshole, and other crap.

I hear thug, dangerous, law breaking, scary, intimidating, @sshole, and other crap! From what I've seen, "bad boys" come with too much baggage and are very confrontational. Screw that!

"Bad boys" don't appeal to me. But guess what? Those are the types that usually want me! I can't attract the token nice guy.

I shouldn't have to be with a guy in hopes that he will change. He should be "good" from the start, why should I have to be the one to make him "better"?
I agree with you completely. And good for you for knowing what you want.
The problem is, token good guys are typically going to he more quiet than the bad boys.

You will have to do some approaching if you want a good guy. Not all good guys are passive.
Be patient, I'm sure through networking or common interests you should be able to meet some non-bad boys.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:58 PM

809 posts, read 1,272,930 times
Bad boys have nothing to do with thugs, machos or other hillbilly stuff which society generally thinks what makes a bad boy, especially in steakhouse going middle America.

What separates a bad boy from a good boy is this - bad boy causes unprecedented ruckus in the bedroom, whereas the good boy does library-quiet missionary, gravies and then refuses to take a shower to clean because he is already weak.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:02 PM

5,204 posts, read 4,666,583 times
Quote:
Do you live on a reality show? How are you not just a good girl but a token good girl?

Old 10-02-2013, 02:09 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,398,974 times
It boggles the mind that adults use the term "bad boy". Does a bad boy wear a motorcyle jacket and have a pack of smokes rolled up in his t-shirt sleeve?

Old 10-02-2013, 02:10 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Thats cool you don't like bad boys; simply ignore them... problem sovled.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:12 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
Bad boys have nothing to do with thugs, machos or other hillbilly stuff which society generally thinks what makes a bad boy, especially in steakhouse going middle America.

What separates a bad boy from a good boy is this - bad boy causes unprecedented ruckus in the bedroom, whereas the good boy does library-quiet missionary, gravies and then refuses to take a shower to clean because he is already weak.
Actually, you've got it backwards. The bad boy gets his and rolls over leaving the woman unsatisfied, then leaves before she wakes up. The good guy leaves her quivering and stays for another round.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:12 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
It boggles the mind that adults use the term "bad boy". Does a bad boy wear a motorcyle jacket and have a pack of smokes rolled up in his t-shirt sleeve?
Get used to it man.

People are obsessed with "nice guys" and "bad boys" here.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:16 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:

"Those are the types that usually want me! I can't attract the token nice guy. "
You can, but theres a good chance you will get the bitter "Nice guy" who is resentful towards women and claims the world owes him his due

Old 10-02-2013, 02:16 PM

262 posts, read 546,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Do you live on a reality show? How are you not just a good girl but a token good girl?
The names..... Kawaii Kardashian.

Bye, doll!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships