Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 02:57 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,293,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
1. The woman you haven't seen for weeks doesn't like you. If she did, she would make time to see you and, at the very least, make effort to communicate with you.

2. Telling a woman she has "competition" for the purpose of putting pressure on her is not going to turn out well. Women who respond to that tactic have issues. (There are some morons here who think normal women like it - we do not.)

3. Don't stay with someone just because she is into you. It's not fair to her if you're using her to fill a void because the person you really like isn't responding in kind.

the woman who I haven't met in two weeks had two good reasons not to see me since , last weekend she had to travel back to her home town to visit her ill dad in hospital , this weekend , she had a competitive 5 mile run to take part in , we,ve chatted several times via text since our date two weeks ago although she has never texted me first

as for the girl I saw today , year I probably should tell her im not serious about her
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 03:12 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
It's very rare that someone is so busy that she can't see you for weeks. If she didn't offer what free time she does have (she has to stop for a meal sometime) to you, she isn't interested, especially in light of the fact that she does not initiate any contact.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-12-2013, 03:17 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
the woman who I haven't met in two weeks had two good reasons not to see me since , last weekend she had to travel back to her home town to visit her ill dad in hospital , this weekend , she had a competitive 5 mile run to take part in , we,ve chatted several times via text since our date two weeks ago although she has never texted me first

as for the girl I saw today , year I probably should tell her im not serious about her
She had two reasons and about 14 days. She had free time, it just wasn't spent with you.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It's very rare that someone is so busy that she can't see you for weeks. If she didn't offer what free time she does have (she has to stop for a meal sometime) to you, she isn't interested, especially in light of the fact that she does not initiate any contact.

well heres the thing I asked her straight out if she wanted to see me again , she said during our first and only date that she didn't think it would be our last although I know women often say things like that as its easier

my words when questioning her interest were " if a girl doesn't like me enough to take things to the next step , that's just one of these things , would you like to see me again " , ten mins later she replies , " ive thought about it and I would like to see you again but the thing is I don't know what I want "

perhaps shes just a bit flaky , had she told me I don't want to see you again , Id have been ok, not the first time it happened , in retrospect perhaps shes not the catch I thought she was , il leave it to her to regain contact

Old 10-12-2013, 03:23 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
Quote:
the girl who im not that crazy about is a nice lady too , I don't really want to string her along , Im thinking if the one who I do really like knew I had options , she might be quicker to let me know if shes interested

she told me via text ten days ago that she would like to see me again but that she doesn't know what she really wants , she also a lot more coy than the girl I was out with today who is pretty upfront about how she enjoys my company

im no Clooney so perhaps I should just stick with the one who is into me , this other girl who I prefer may just not be that into me , like I said she never initiates communication and its not that she is rude , shes anything but
Stay with the one who enjoys your company. Nothing is set in stone, so you can also keep your options open, unless you make a commit.

BTW: The jealously card rarely works on "confident" women.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Stay with the one who enjoys your company. Nothing is set in stone, so you can also keep your options open, unless you make a commit.

BTW: The jealously card rarely works on "confident" women.

girl I went out with today is british , im sort of the kind who prefers my own nationality when it comes to women and I say that as someone who likes English folk , always have

Old 10-12-2013, 03:27 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
don't be dumb, man. say nothing
Don't be dumb man, tell her.

If you keep it a secret, she will dump you when she finds out even if she would have been fine with it if you had told her. It's the dishonesty.

If you are worried she will object, just say so. Say, 'I had a date with this other girl, and then I worried that maybe you wanted to be exclusive and I misunderstood. Do you want to be exclusive?'

If it's what she wants, she will step up and say so, and you will have moved a step in the direction you want to go.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:32 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,971 times
Quote:
we,ve chatted several times via text since our date two weeks ago although she has never texted me first
It should be taken turns usually, not text her first every time. If I texted a girl first three times and on the fourth one with no first text from her, I usually just move on. Screw them if I have to text first almost every time. I would feel like she doesn't care about me.

If they're both into each other, they should at least text each other first. There is not a rule for that, but it shows that both care if both text first sometimes.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Don't be dumb man, tell her.

If you keep it a secret, she will dump you when she finds out even if she would have been fine with it if you had told her. It's the dishonesty.

If you are worried she will object, just say so. Say, 'I had a date with this other girl, and then I worried that maybe you wanted to be exclusive and I misunderstood. Do you want to be exclusive?'

If it's what she wants, she will step up and say so, and you will have moved a step in the direction you want to go.

the girl is hardly entitled to exclusivity yet after one date , I would only say it in passing to her that I enjoyed and afternoon with another woman , if I mean anything to her , this should prompt a reaction from her of some kind

Old 10-12-2013, 03:34 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,293 times
Quote:
ten mins later she replies , " ive thought about it and I would like to see you again but the thing is I don't know what I want "
That means maybe. It probably means she is not sure what sort of relationship she might want with you.

I will revise my previous post now that I have seen yours #16: You should say, 'I had a date with this other girl, but then I started thinking how I like you better.'

Don't ask her about being exclusive. Do let her know that she is your first choice, but you do have other options. That way she knows she better step up and make up her mind -- or, if she doesn't want you but is afraid of hurting your feelings, knowing about your other options will help her be more honest and not string you along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships