Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 09:37 PM

6,739 posts, read 4,424,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Very possible, but not the norm in our society. As a man looking to settle down....I would be willing to chill on the sex if I met the right lady. My experience has been a little different. The women that I have dealt with usually bring up the issue of sex long before I did. Reality is most women want it just as bad if not more than men do.
"Reality is most women want it just as bad if not more than men do". This has always been true. They just have to tame their urges down so they dont come across as stutty. A woman that gives up sex too early is asking for a short relationship. Guys dont respect stutty women. There are women you have fun with, these here. And the ones you so call take home to meet the parents. You dont mix the two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 09:38 PM

428 posts, read 445,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pflau View Post
Middle aged guys are less picky when it comes to befriending females just because they are more matured and see past the exterior. They still want to have sex with women they have genuine romantic interest in.

If you feel a man treats you in a romantic way but does not care much for sex, it means he sees you as a way to fulfill his need to be nice to a woman and be appreciated but not as a girl friend.

I do it myself. When I am single sometimes I am extra nice and sweet to my lady friends even though I have absolutely no desire to date them.
Well there ya go. I have 0 female friends IRL.....That's NONE!

Old 10-26-2013, 09:42 PM

52,293 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busse_Reeve View Post
Well there ya go. I have 0 female friends IRL.....That's NONE!
Sounds a lot like a poster named 2rugged4U.

Always with the machismo BS....

Rugged, is that you??????

Old 10-26-2013, 09:44 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,274,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I don't think they exist (considering that she's had sex already) unless he's gay or asexual.

My guess is that you werent all that attracted to them. Maybe just a little. Or maybe you're asexual and don't know it. The last option is that you have psychological traumas but you haven't said you have those.

Anyways, to answer your question yes there are asexual or low T men out there.
I'm not asexual at all, and no trauma. I could be just weird though. But sometimes it would be a situation where I didn't find them attractive at first(physically) but after getting to know them, as friends, I start to develop feelings for them, because they make me laugh, or they're sweet, or we just get along so great and I just really think they are great guys and would love to date them. There looks are even growing on me.... BUT I still don't desire sex with them.

No one has ever been in that situation?

Old 10-26-2013, 09:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I'm not asexual at all, and no trauma. I could be just weird though. But sometimes it would be a situation where I didn't find them attractive at first(physically) but after getting to know them, as friends, I start to develop feelings for them, because they make me laugh, or they're sweet, or we just get along so great and I just really think they are great guys and would love to date them. There looks are even growing on me.... BUT I still don't desire sex with them.

Nope. I've been in the situation where I gradually became attracted to someone that I didn't think of at first - but when I say "attracted to" - I mean I want to sleep with them. That's what attraction means to me.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:46 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
Quote:

I have never experienced this myself but I've heard plenty of women say that they have and I never get it.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflau View Post
Middle aged guys are less picky when it comes to befriending females just because they are more matured and see past the exterior. They still want to have sex with women they have genuine romantic interest in.

If you feel a man treats you in a romantic way but does not care much for sex, it means he sees you as a way to fulfill his need to be nice to a woman and be appreciated but not as a girl friend.

I do it myself. When I am single sometimes I am extra nice and sweet to my lady friends even though I have absolutely no desire to date them.

I'm not talking about a man treating a woman in romantic way. I'm talking about a man genuinely liking a woman, and be interested in her as well as finding her attractive looking but NOT having a desire to have sex with her or even thinking about her in sexual manners(i.e scoping her azz or boobies on the sly, thinking about what she looks like naked, trying to touch or hug her a lot to cop a feel). lol.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:49 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
I'm not talking about a man treating a woman in romantic way. I'm talking about a man genuinely liking a woman, and be interested in her as well as finding her attractive looking but NOT having a desire to have sex with her or even thinking about her in sexual manners(i.e scoping her azz or boobies on the sly, thinking about what she looks like naked, trying to touch or hug her a lot to cop a feel). lol.
Wouldn't that just be a friend?

Old 10-26-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Nope. I've been in the situation where I gradually became attracted to someone that I didn't think of at first - but when I say "attracted to" - I mean I want to sleep with them. That's what attraction means to me.
Maybe I'm weird like that but I generally find that unless I found a guy attractive right away or felt instant chemistry that I will not develop sexual urges for him *ever*. So for a man that I was not attracted to and never felt chemistry with, as I start to like him over time, I STILL will not want him sexually.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Wouldn't that just be a friend?
No. To genuinely like a woman, and have romantic feelings and want a relationship with her--I don't consider that a friend. Even if a man doesn't want sex, if he likes you, thinks your attractive and wants to date you, I don't know how he could be seen as a man that wants to be your friend. A friend typically will not have romantic feelings or want to date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships