Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2013, 09:13 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

I think after this survey I'll feel like Kramer next time I am in public. And the off chance that some woman looks at me I probably do act like this:

Hilarious Seinfeld Clip (S8E09) - YouTube

Old 11-05-2013, 02:15 AM

14 posts, read 26,139 times
Most average women are trying to find the right man.

Most average men are trying to find any woman who is interested in him.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:43 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon8033 View Post
Most average men are trying to find any woman who is interested in him.
That doesn't sound like any average man I know. That sounds like a pathetic man.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:38 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
So almost half aren't fat, are attractive, and are totally sane? Sounds pretty damned great to me, though I'm not sure I trust you to be the authority on diagnosing neurosis.
Plenty of fish is known for neurotic women. But I do agree with Le roi and i have to say that online dating only benefits average to below average women in looks and hot men. Being with a woman that are 2 or 3 in the looks department, to them I was like Brad Pitt!

Old 11-06-2013, 08:21 AM

22 posts, read 28,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Only 80%?

hahahahaha

Old 11-06-2013, 08:33 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times
For thousands of years, nature took care of the weak and those unable to fend for themselves. They never survived into the adult age and faced early death. With progress in medicine of the last couple of centuries, today pretty much all survive, even if their genes aren't meant to be passed on. Women now perform this selection for nature, and assure that only the strongest and most desirable get to pass on their genes. This is why it is so common for top guys to be able to juggle multiple women, without as much as lifting a finger. Even married women, who choose their beta provider type guy to be their husband, often stray in order to ensure their children actually possess genes of a true man, and not a mangina doormat. Todays realities are a bit sinister, but lets be real about the world we live in.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:43 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,155 times
Yeah I think for most women, that percentage is probably more like 90-95%. Not 80%.

My guess is that for many women:
- they find less than 10% of men attractive. And probably only about 2-5% of men actually desirable.
- they find less than say 20-25% of men repulsively unattractive...in other words she thinks the guy is physically ugly or horrible/disgusting in some non-physical way. This percentage may be a bit higher on online dating sites, especially the free ones.
- they have an indifferent and/or nondescript opinion (or no opinion at all) of the remaining 65-75% of men. (Excluding men she actually knows and are possibly friends with.) The men aren't attractive to them but they aren't repulsive either. They're merely guys who occupy a teeny tiny sliver of space on planet Earth, nothing more *shrug*. It's likely that if the woman notices him at all in a bookstore/bar/supermarket/other public place, she would have largely forgotten about him 3 to 5 minutes after he exits her field of vision. Applied to a dating site context, there's nothing about his pics or profile that sticks in her mind; it looks too similar to many other guys' pictures and profiles. In short, bland and boring.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:58 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
This thread just gets funnier and funnier!

Old 11-06-2013, 09:32 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Plenty of fish is known for neurotic women.
I've heard women say it attracts nutty guys, too. Sounds like a good reason to use one of the many better sites, then. I personally always found the free sites to be fairly worthless. You get what you pay for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
But I do agree with Le roi and i have to say that online dating only benefits average to below average women in looks and hot men.
I'm sorry that was your experience. Many others, myself included, have had a vastly different experience.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:55 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
Yeah I think for most women, that percentage is probably more like 90-95%. Not 80%.

My guess is that for many women:
- they find less than 10% of men attractive. And probably only about 2-5% of men actually desirable.
- they find less than say 20-25% of men repulsively unattractive...in other words she thinks the guy is physically ugly or horrible/disgusting in some non-physical way. This percentage may be a bit higher on online dating sites, especially the free ones.
- they have an indifferent and/or nondescript opinion (or no opinion at all) of the remaining 65-75% of men. (Excluding men she actually knows and are possibly friends with.) The men aren't attractive to them but they aren't repulsive either. They're merely guys who occupy a teeny tiny sliver of space on planet Earth, nothing more *shrug*. It's likely that if the woman notices him at all in a bookstore/bar/supermarket/other public place, she would have largely forgotten about him 3 to 5 minutes after he exits her field of vision. Applied to a dating site context, there's nothing about his pics or profile that sticks in her mind; it looks too similar to many other guys' pictures and profiles. In short, bland and boring.
That's an interesting perspective! I think the problem with the title is in the wording. I'm probably not attracted to 80% of men, but that doesn't make them unattractive.

Think about it, are you attracted to every single person you see in this world? No. Most of them don't even register at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships