Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 06:13 AM

543 posts, read 943,845 times

Advertisements

I love to observe people. To study and observe the nature of individuals. I am a fantastic listener and there are certain observations I have made.
Without going into too much details on why or how I feel this way, I think that happiness especially when concerned with relationship and love is not just fleeting but impossible.
People are bound to get bored or sick of the other person with time. I see this among people irregardless of their nationality or race or culture....two individuals are bound to get sick of the others company.
This is the predicament of the human condition. With people, with places, with most everything unless you are too passionate about it(say jazz or travelling which can last a lifetime).

Say a city dwelling person desires to someday live on a pristine island away from the chaos of mainstream life.
He saves each day, looks at a picture of that island to inspire him. Finally he lands on his island.
Day 1: He is full of pure bliss. The sound of the ocean, the feel of sand between his toes, the air.
Week 1: He is happy to finally live in his paradise. He tells it to anyone he meets. He explores. He wanders.
Month 1: This is when the symptoms of redundancy kick in. He sits on the beach and wonders...okay...now what? what next.

Same with love and relationship. It is fleeting. The infatuation in the beginning is intoxicating but eventually it starts to wear off. A man and a woman will have many differences but that isn't even the point. The fact that you are with the person day in and day out wears you down. Add to it external issues and no wonder there is this thing called divorce.

What I am trying to say is that I see my fellow friends married, some even with babies(the ultimate burden that binds one) but I hear the problems and its usually the same everywhere. The only reason, I feel, any couple stays together is because of financial reasons or children, or other obligations.

Do you agree with me? I am asking you regarding the collective thought process of us human beings. No one thinks on this level, we are too preoccupied with our problems. But if you stand back and wonder, maybe the fact that we are not created to be satisfied is one reason people are so unhappy.

So, I went to Thailand and one sunny day lying on the beach thought of an idea: perhaps to help my fellow man. The transmutation of sexual energy!

THE TRANSMUTATION OF SEXUAL ENERGY, my fellow men. and women.
Most of us try to find peace in sex, in love when it is not possible in the long run.
So why not invest in it like a business transaction?
I asked a beautiful Thai girl to be my lover, my amour for a few weeks of a certain month each year. There was fun, there was an UNDERSTANDING. Sex was hardly the agenda. She came from a poor background and the bare basic affordabilities made her content(no expensive gifts and stuff). In return I was getting a good supply of love, sex and understanding. We talked about astronomy, my business plans, her grandparents. And that was it!

Why can't we expand this idea on a larger scale? We are brainwashed and led to believe that this is right or that is wrong. Is it wrong in wanting to be rich? Hell, no. If I want to work hard and afford a life to distract me from nihilistic thoughts which lead to negative thoughts, why shouldn't I?
If I want to sign a contract of love in return of understanding why shouldn't I?
We sat on the beach and I came up with this business idea I want to implement and my outlook on life just changed. I wasn't stuck.

You can buy love, my fellow friends. If there is mutual understanding then there are few greater contentment. Someday when I am 38 and wanting to sit in front of my TV and get together with friends and family I will marry. But till then why can't I have diversity and joy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 06:22 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
You can buy love, my fellow friends.
It is pretty sad if one has to "buy" love or sex. Period.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:28 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It is pretty sad if one has to "buy" love or sex. Period.
He's buying sex not love - he needs to grow up.

Also, keep in mind prostitutes try to cram in as many johns as possible in one night - who's sloppy seconds or thirds is he getting?

Old 10-31-2013, 06:37 AM

73 posts, read 102,883 times
Do whatever makes you happy. If it enriches your life, then ignore what negative people have to say about it. Your happiness comes before other people's judgement. Just be safe, and enjoy yourself!

Old 10-31-2013, 06:51 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times
I am not sure I want to even answer the real question OP, since I disagree with the premise of your whole post that people will naturally, and invariably get "sick" of the status quo. IMO, if someone cannot accept and thrive with the things they have, and not be in despair for the ones they do not, they simply are showing a lack of maturity and/or emotional intelligence.

Love is not fleeting. Lust is. If anyone thinks that the lust early in a relationship is really love, then they do not know what love is.

A loving, great relationship can be for life. I have seen and known many. Other times, people change, or one or both people in a couple do not work and invest in how it takes to build a lifelong, loving relationship. Yes, relationships do end.

It is not inevitable, and it is not because people simply get sick of the normal.

(Granted, many relationships DO end, for many reasons... and many of these ended relationships should have ended and the individuals are better off for it.)

I would never agree that going to a prostitute as a viable answer for anything. In addition, anyone who thinks they are going to a prostitute for "love" really has no concept of what love is. They are simply going, and paying money, for the hormonal, drug like high of sex.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:18 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times
Almost all of my friends have paid for sex at one time or another. Many of them whom had, I don't recall them telling me that they had gotten checked for std's afterwords. I personally don't look down on prostitutes (don't exactly look up either), but there are a few reasons that I could never be with one. For one, I would feel "pathetic". Again, this is just me. Plus, I get freaked out easily about diseases and I am not putting my manhood into anything that makes a living off of things being put in it. Last, but not least. I don't like the feeling I'm sure I would have feeling like I am exploiting another human being. I don't know why this person is into prostitution. They could be a drug addict. They could have no choice (modern day slave), and you don't even know how old they are. For these reasons alone I could never be with a prostitute. I love how guys think that a prostitute likes them too. What they like is money and most of them drugs. I don't think most prostitutes can even like men in many regards. Imagine being used by men all the time. It just doesn't make for a happy towards men atmosphere. Most prostitutes look at men who pay for sex as just "tricks". Since it's Halloween, trick or treat!

Op', get a women to like you for you and stop exploiting woman for your needs.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:23 AM

543 posts, read 943,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
He's buying sex not love - he needs to grow up.

Also, keep in mind prostitutes try to cram in as many johns as possible in one night - who's sloppy seconds or thirds is he getting?
There is a standard. And eventually it doesn't have to be about sex, perhaps companionship for that is what we truly desire. Call girls are also human beings with feelings. They don't voluntarily sleep with men. If my girl has my company for a month, she ain't sleeping with anybody.

I saw middle aged caucasians in Thailand married to asians, a few of whom were past professionals. They said the love they received was unparalleled. At some point in time the money stops mattering.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:25 AM

374 posts, read 393,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
almost all of my friends have paid for sex at one time or another. Many of them whom had, i don't recall them telling me that they had gotten checked for std's afterwords. I personally don't look down on prostitutes (don't exactly look up either), but there are a few reasons that i could never be with one. For one, i would feel "pathetic". Again, this is just me. Plus, i get freaked out easily about diseases and i am not putting my manhood into anything that makes a living off of things being put in it. Last, but not least. I don't like the feeling i'm sure i would have feeling like i am exploiting another human being. I don't know why this person is into prostitution. They could be a drug addict. They could have no choice (modern day slave), and you don't even know how old they are. For these reasons alone i could never be with a prostitute. I love how guys think that a prostitute likes them too. What they like is money and most of them drugs. I don't think most prostitutes can even like men in many regards. Imagine being used by men all the time. It just doesn't make for a happy towards men atmosphere. Most prostitutes look at men who pay for sex as just "tricks". Since it's halloween, trick or treat!

Op', get a women to like you for you and stop exploiting woman for your needs.
+1

Old 10-31-2013, 07:26 AM

941 posts, read 3,911,816 times
uhh...tl;dr. what was the question?

Old 10-31-2013, 07:30 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
love and sex doesn't come free; there's always a price to pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships