Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 10:22 AM

912 posts, read 1,525,520 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure there's really a good "casual" way to bring it up before the first date. Even on the first date, I'm not sure -- sometimes dates will have conversations that lead in that direction, others don't. Definitely find a way to work it in by the 2nd or 3rd date. I will say that one advantage you have going for you is the fact that you're in your 30s and dating women of the same age, who are likely certain one way or the other of what they want and less likely to want to waste time, even if they don't "hear the clock ticking yet." It's possible the woman will also find a way to bring it up early for that reason as well. I know that my single friends who are now in their 30s are solidly in one camp or the other, and don't want to waste the time (or have their time wasted) by anyone who feels differently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 10:28 AM

9 posts, read 11,380 times
I would want to know early, since I am a woman who doesnt want kids or marriage-I tend to want to figure that out ASAP.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:43 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,802,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Do not get a vasectomy and expect to be able to reverse it. It's possible but they are meant to be permanent and your urologist may do a good job.
I will have no such issues in regards to change of heart, my flawed genes will die with me, as they should.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trist3616 View Post
I would want to know early, since I am a woman who doesnt want kids or marriage-I tend to want to figure that out ASAP.
I rest my case

Old 11-12-2013, 11:55 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Tell them right away.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:58 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
First, go get that vasectomy! Right now.
Why do so many guys on here say I'm planning on getting a vasectomy. Just do it!

I also feel by the 3rd date.
When I was dating I always told the guy by the third date that I had had a tubal.
If you want to get it out there sooner just open with a vasectomy joke or get one of those pins. Vasectomy Humor T-Shirts, Vasectomy Humor Gifts, Art, Posters, and more

Old 11-12-2013, 12:13 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
Hey all, been doing real well with my new life in Seattle the last 3 months since I moved and i've been on more dates I have in last few months then I have in years.

Some of the dates have gone better then others, but its been enjoyable and real opening to see maturity and life out look differences between women from their early 20's i've dated to the much more mature, strict and less flexible career oriented women in their 30's like me.

Anyway, for many personal reasons which I will not get into or waste time with explaining, I pretty much decided a few years ago and have cemented it this year that I will never have the desire and want to raise children and become a father. I"ll be turning 34 mid next year and plan on having a vasectomy to finalize my decision on this.

That being said, I need some input on how and when should I bring up my decision about not wanting children and my surgery while im seeing someone? I still haven't gotten a good feel of how "soon" I should bring it up and possibly not enjoy a new date at all if I bring it up during first meeting with someone. But im also worried about the upset and heartache of bringing it up too "late" in being in a relationship with a lady. Should I somehow bring the subject up in casual conversation before I even ask for phone number or would that be even worse then bringing it up later after a date or two?

Thoughts would be appreciated. And no, don't bother wasting internet bandwith trying to change/alter my mind, it won't work.
The first date. No point wasting each others time.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:26 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Probably as soon as a person you're dating mentions her stance on having a family. It will come up.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
First, go get that vasectomy! Right now.
Why do so many guys on here say I'm planning on getting a vasectomy. Just do it!
e[/url]
Because most people have a budget and can't afford an expensive surgery right away? Unless you wanna gift me a few thousand bucks for non insured surgery and considering iI'm not having sex with you, you have no reason to pressure me

Old 11-12-2013, 01:02 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
Because most people have a budget and can't afford an expensive surgery right away? Unless you wanna gift me a few thousand bucks for non insured surgery and considering iI'm not having sex with you, you have no reason to pressure me
Isn't it free where you live, funded by donations? Have you asked?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships