Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 01:10 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
Because most people have a budget and can't afford an expensive surgery right away? Unless you wanna gift me a few thousand bucks for non insured surgery and considering iI'm not having sex with you, you have no reason to pressure me
No pressure, I don't care. Just keep hearing for all these CD guys that go on about not wanting kid and they are always going to get a V.

As far as cost, its less expensive than a child and with all that money you will save by not opening up your wallet and paying for dates that you will be wasting your time on you should be able to save up the ~500 to 2000 $ in no time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 01:54 PM

181 posts, read 192,313 times
One thing to add - do not make the person feel bad for wanting to have kids. I have dated men who did not want to kids, but it was communicated the wrong way and I was blamed for wanting kids. This is just a communication issue and/or attitude issue but just saying. It is also very annoying when someone is trying to convince the you not to want kids, make sure none of this is going on. The latter might happen when you are really attracted to that one woman but the only obstacle is this kids issue. Please remember, you are not going to convince them to change their mind either.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:16 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,802,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip999 View Post
One thing to add - do not make the person feel bad for wanting to have kids. I have dated men who did not want to kids, but it was communicated the wrong way and I was blamed for wanting kids. This is just a communication issue and/or attitude issue but just saying. It is also very annoying when someone is trying to convince the you not to want kids, make sure none of this is going on. The latter might happen when you are really attracted to that one woman but the only obstacle is this kids issue. Please remember, you are not going to convince them to change their mind either.
I've already learned this the hard way, trust me. When I find red flags and or deal breakers with women nowadays, I disconnect immediately, my time is too precious to waste trying to fix other people's issues.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:20 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip999 View Post
I do find that the child-free by choice crowd is really big on having their choice respected, but nooooot quite so big on respecting the choice of those who do want kids.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:21 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
I've already learned this the hard way, trust me. When I find red flags and or deal breakers with women nowadays, I disconnect immediately, my time is too precious to waste trying to fix other people's issues.
Bear in mind that they're not necessarily "issues" that need to be "fixed." They are usually just different desires. Like wanting a family, say. You won't "fix" that in somebody who wants kids. Chalk it up to different wants. Why does somebody have to be right and wrong in this scenario? And, really, THEIR time is too precious to be wasted spending time with somebody who wants different things than they want, too. Right?

Old 11-12-2013, 02:25 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,802,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Bear in mind that they're not necessarily "issues" that need to be "fixed." They are usually just different desires. Like wanting a family, say. You won't "fix" that in somebody who wants kids. Chalk it up to different wants. Why does somebody have to be right and wrong in this scenario? And, really, THEIR time is too precious to be wasted spending time with somebody who wants different things than they want, too. Right?
I've already stated my stance, I have no reason to elaborate on this further.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:52 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,167,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
If a relationship gets to a conversation about marriage, then its time to talk, since women often are interested in marriage and children as a kind of package deal.
I'm a weird one. While I'm interested in marriage someday (not now but many after finishing my major) I never want kids and will be turning 27 by April. I just want a childless marriage.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:56 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I do find that the child-free by choice crowd is really big on having their choice respected, but nooooot quite so big on respecting the choice of those who do want kids.
It's possible that, like any minority opinion, you have only known about the loud ones . Most childfree people probably never mention it unless asked directly -- same as, for example, most vegans.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:04 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,293 times
Daily Kos: Planned Parenthood provided my vasectomy. for free!

Googling shows they do this in many states of the US.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:04 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times
Well, fifteen minutes into the first date is a bad thing. Letting it slide to the 20th is also an issue. Somewhere in between is an excellent idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships