Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 09:26 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,620,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Finally got my surgery date at the end of January. Both boobs will be--gone. It's a big tumor that didn't show up on mammo or ultrasound. I am exploring plenty of alternatives but will also most likely follow doc's orders as well. I am not looking forward to this but will think of it as a challenge and a puzzle to be solved. I thank all of you for your concern.
I hope all goes well with your surgery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 01:32 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,807,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I like this advice

Merry Christmas Stepka!
Me too and I have taken it. I've been listening to this and it works:
Sonicaid - Music To Inspire Positive Thinking - YouTube

It's not normally my kind of listening but it sure helps me feel better.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:45 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,385,483 times
Good luck, stepka!

I have a friend who just went through this, and she was out partying (albeit slowly) just a week after her surgery (both breasts removed). The peace of mind knowing that tumor is gone will also be a huge relief. Having watched a couple people go through this sort of thing, I can honestly say that the diagnosis and lead-up to the surgery seem like the most stressful parts, largely because it's all such a big scary unknown.

Give meditation a try to get your mind off of it perhaps? I've found that's very helpful for me when I'm going all OCD on stuff or when I'm heading into panic attack territory. Read a great book on it - Wherever You Go, There You Are Wherever You Go, There You Are (ROUGH CUT): Jon Kabat-Zinn: 9781401307783: Amazon.com: Books

So sorry you're going through this!

Old 12-23-2013, 01:49 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,385,483 times
Good luck, stepka!

I have a friend who just went through this, and she was out partying (albeit slowly) just a week after her surgery (both breasts removed). The peace of mind knowing that tumor is gone will also be a huge relief. Having watched a couple people go through this sort of thing, I can honestly say that the diagnosis and lead-up to the surgery seem like the most stressful parts, largely because it's all such a big scary unknown.

Give meditation a try to get your mind off of it perhaps? I've found that's very helpful for me when I'm going all OCD on stuff or when I'm heading into panic attack territory. Read a great book on it - Wherever You Go, There You Are Wherever You Go, There You Are (ROUGH CUT): Jon Kabat-Zinn: 9781401307783: Amazon.com: Books

So sorry you're going through this!

Old 12-23-2013, 01:57 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Good luck Stepka!!

Merry Christmas!!

Old 12-24-2013, 02:36 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
I'm praying for you stepka darlin'......

God Bless You.

Merry Christmas to you & your loved ones...

Old 01-03-2014, 11:42 PM

Well I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and NY and got everything you wanted and ate all you wanted and lost the weight already lol. I appreciate all the kind wishes and glad I found such great friends on here. Surgery is actually the 16th so coming up soon. But I don't want to talk about that.

I came back to say that we are still texting and emailing quite often--almost never a phone convo or a real meeting though. I still don't know what to think about it but he is so sweet and says very nice things to me when he writes and he's so funny. So, I have just taken a big step back and as with my dx I'm just going to accept whatever comes my way--he may just be waiting to see how bad it is before he commits any further too. I'm preparing myself to have him email one day and say he's dating someone else and that will hurt but it happens all the time to people. Still, for now the letters are fun and they have gotten deeper. I guess I just wonder why a man would do this if he were not all that interested? I mean if you're lonely but not interested, the letters would have a more brotherly/friendly and less um, of a strong flirty tone, for lack of a better term? I mean, he talks to me like we're already dating. Or am I being naive again? And needy? LOL, it's fun anyway.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:02 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Do you feel comfortable asking him that?

I mean, you could just say, "I don't know what we're doing. The way you write to me sounds like we're dating, when I know we aren't."

Then see how he responds.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Do you feel comfortable asking him that?

I mean, you could just say, "I don't know what we're doing. The way you write to me sounds like we're dating, when I know we aren't."

Then see how he responds.
Yes I've asked a couple of times and he hasn't really responded to that particular question. I did make it clear though that it would be cruel to lead me on in my present circumstances, which he is very aware of. I'm guessing he doesn't really know how to answer it and he's said things like he can see us in a future relationship but wants to take it veerrry slow. Well we're taking it slow all right. I guess I'm comparing things too much to the way I feel and while normally I'm a patient person, I'm not on this lol. I guess I should stop overthinking it but you all know how hard that can be with someone you really like.

Old 01-04-2014, 09:21 PM

14 posts, read 26,193 times
It sounds like he is confused. I say let him hang around now as a diversion for what you're going through, but don't take it too seriously. It sounds like the distance between the two of you is a major obstacle, unfortunately. Its always nice to have friends who support you when you're going through a tough time.

Good luck with your surgery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships