Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 07:43 AM

888 posts, read 1,099,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
You're seriously overthinking this, man.

Unless you have GOT to have biological kids of your own and she doesn't want any, marry her if you love her.

Sounds like you have a wonderful relationship. Why burden it with scenarios that may not happen?

You could get hit by a bus in a few years. Who knows?
I agree.

Life is short and it is hard to find someone that makes you feel as good as you two seem to make each other feel. Discuss this with her, but keep going! Unless you want to go on another **** run, there is nothing out there that you will likely enjoy greater as a single person than with a good partner.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:36 AM

148 posts, read 292,400 times
About the kids…she's 40. How many women have kids when they're 40+? Don't rush a marriage for that. You can always adopt. Anyways, I'm sure she knows that's borderline irresponsible. Don't worry about the kids. What you SHOULD worry about is that you're probably in different stages in life. Also, remember that women age faster than men. So, if you are very much into her looks, consider that.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:49 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueoceansandclearskies View Post
About the kids…she's 40. How many women have kids when they're 40+? Don't rush a marriage for that. You can always adopt. Anyways, I'm sure she knows that's borderline irresponsible. Don't worry about the kids. What you SHOULD worry about is that you're probably in different stages in life. Also, remember that women age faster than men. So, if you are very much into her looks, consider that.
I agreed up until the aging comment. We all age at the same rate. Some people, regardless of gender, age more gracefully than others.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
I agreed up until the aging comment. We all age at the same rate. Some people, regardless of gender, age more gracefully than others.
Wel, at least the women who wear make-up everyday, I've noticed age faster than men. It's common sense anyways. Our bodies are just different.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:23 AM

1,341 posts, read 1,627,647 times
Quote:
You're seriously overthinking this, man.

Unless you have GOT to have biological kids of your own and she doesn't want any, marry her if you love her.

Sounds like you have a wonderful relationship. Why burden it with scenarios that may not happen?

You could get hit by a bus in a few years. Who knows?
I'd say if he has any thoughts of potentially wanting children or if he even thinks that he might change his mind at some point - he should not have any serious thoughts about being with her. Marriage is not a requirement for two people who love each other either.
I don't see how her opinion may be of much relevance in this situation - he definitely won't be thinking of having a child with a 40 y/o woman unless they spent many years together prior to that and simply couldn't have children so they attempt alternative options because they are very, very connected and don't want to separate.

Last edited by nald; 12-29-2013 at 10:34 AM..

Old 12-29-2013, 11:24 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeaichwetwork View Post
Hello. I am a 27 year old male never been married no kids. Im a good looking guy finding and dating beautiful women has never been a problem for me.

Last year I met a woman, 40 years old. Looks 30. Never married no kids. We fell in love quick. And im old enough to know it wasnt puppy love. We even took vacations together split it traveled hike. We were truly in love. Never did those things with a partner before.

Now that its been a year its crap or get off the pot and I need to marry this girl. But now I have cold feet. Not only am I only 27 so I would be giving up everything because I only want one successful marriage but we would have to have kids NOW because of her age. Also what happens when I am 35 years old and she will be 48. Wont that make me resent her?

I feel so terrible, I told her. But its so sad. She is such an amazing person if only she was 35 or I was 35. And now she may never have kids. I care for this person deeply but I feel like down the road it could turn ugly. Please help.

Reason I advise against such age gaps...Better to have a partner you can grow and develop with and share life experiences, and age together.....You can look young on the outside but the inside still 40... The next stage is Menopause for her, that a whole new ballgame, most grown men can't handily it...

Old 12-29-2013, 11:31 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,667 times
Quote:
I agree with you! Againg has more do with genetics /gene pool and ones lifestyle....Not gender! ...

Old 12-29-2013, 11:46 AM

367 posts, read 697,110 times
What if is the big question......What if you end it and realize later on you still care ? What if you marry her and your really happy? I guess you really need to do some soul searching and figure out what you want.

Old 12-29-2013, 12:07 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueoceansandclearskies View Post

Blueocean,

Women age faster than men?

It's just so cute how men continue to tell themselves how great they look as they age.

Oh, well. I guess, if anything, women should take a page from the men's book in that regard.

Old 12-29-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Blueocean,

Women age faster than men?

It's just so cute how men continue to tell themselves how great they look as they age.

Oh, well. I guess, if anything, women should take a page from the men's book in that regard.
Women lose collagen in their skin faster than men do. It's unfortunate, but that's how it generally works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships