Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 02:28 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,424,256 times

Advertisements

aah, this is a funny thread.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:32 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
It's the best they can do in most cases. The younger tighter stuff is out of their "price range", so to speak.

And then with older women, it's food for their ego to be wanted by young hot studs. In their mind it like "Ah yeeeah, still got it."

I think you'd be surprised how often finding out a guy is much younger than her can be a negative to an older woman. You have to think long and hard about whether you wanna date a man who is younger. Have sex? Maybe so... date seriously? That takes some thinking. I think any decent-looking woman (regardless of age) can have sex with pretty much anyone she likes. We all know that.

But... serious relationships require more thought.

And, since I married a man who is younger than me and makes a good amount of money (and is both fit and attractive and not socially awkward)... I'm gonna go with the obvious point that he just liked me. He could "afford" young stuff if that was his main goal.

I liked him because he's SMART. I am turned on by intellect. He is the same way. I met him while I was working on my first Master's degree. I think that men who are puzzled by the idea that other men might like a woman for more than superficial reasons (or her youth) are very shallow individuals.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Not hard to get you going is it.
Not really. I just find it silly when one dude tries to speak for all of them.

It's so black and white and I think that black and white thinking is the sign of a dull mind.

It's right up there with asking your black friend to be the spokesperson for all of the black community.

Everyone's not the same. That's the truth of it.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:38 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Not really. I just find it silly when one dude tries to speak for all of them.

It's so black and white and I think that black and white thinking is the sign of a dull mind.

It's right up there with asking your black friend to be the spokesperson for all of the black community.

Everyone's not the same. That's the truth of it.
There are trends and generalities that exist in this world

Old 01-01-2014, 02:44 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,597,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Stop being a rational male. That will get you nowhere with this crowd and you know it.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:51 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,847,652 times
Quote:
It means *most* guys who are good with women don't seriously date old women, especially consider marrying old women, when younger, hotter, tighter women are available to them.

It tends to be the guys who aren't good with women who commit to older women because they are easier to get with.
The immaturity of some men will never cease to amaze me. Astounding.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Didn't say that there weren't trends. Doesn't mean they're universally true. So, citing a trend and not labeling it as such leaves it sounding like a universal statement, when it's really not.

I think that's a bit unfair to say.

It would be like me saying that women like tall men, and the only chicks who date short guys are ones who cannot get tall guys.

Might be a trend that women prefer taller guys, but it's surely not a universal truth.

To drop that kind of comment in here is rude to shorter men (who do read this forum, as we have a ton of threads that demonstrate that they read this forum).

I have noticed that many of the males here think it's totally open season on women who are over the age of 30. That's just not cool, man. I'd feel the same way about chicks bashing dudes who are over the age of 30, so it's not like this is me carrying a gender bias around.

Old 01-01-2014, 04:21 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
You're seriously overthinking this, man.

Unless you have GOT to have biological kids of your own and she doesn't want any, marry her if you love her.

Sounds like you have a wonderful relationship. Why burden it with scenarios that may not happen?

You could get hit by a bus in a few years. Who knows?
Having biological kids is a motivator for most of humanity. So he isn't over thinking anything. Love can only go so far despite what Hollywood tells you. He is doing the right thing before making a lifetime commitment thinking through the consequences.

Old 01-01-2014, 04:23 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
The immaturity of some men will never cease to amaze me. Astounding.
He's just stating bluntly the realities of the world.

Old 01-01-2014, 04:27 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He's just stating bluntly the realities of the world.
It is a typical reaction to uncomfortable truths. Women want to believe that they stay ultra attractive foreeevvveeerrrrr. When you tell them the truth, that it's not so and that you will start to become less desirable, you are shamed with typical retorts like immaturity, insecurity, or being threatened by women with a career blah blah blah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships