Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 01:59 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
I know a couple in which the wife is 17 yeas older. They have been together almost 40 years. It works because she is "young " for her age, and he has always been kind of "old" for his age.

Yeah... this is how it is with me and my husband. He was a very mature guy for a 24yo when I met him (I honestly thought it was in his early 30s or something until he told me his age). I was 37 when we met... but, I'm a bit on the whimsical side, and I reckon most people figured me for younger than my age (most people think I'm about 10 years younger than I am when they meet me, even now).

Soo... we just meet someplace a bit closer to the middle. He'd already dated women closer to his age that had kids, so he wasn't too put off by me being a mother, though he was cautious because he knew it was a bigger commitment to take on a woman who had kids.

All in all, it works for us. I cannot say it would work for everyone, of course, but there ya go.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Yeah, if your seriously considering marrying a 40 year old, I doubt you're good with women.

What the hell does that mean?

It's not hard to get 20yo chicks to go out on dates with you. Especially if you're buying.

Sheeesh.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:07 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post

It's not hard to get 20yo chicks to go out on dates with you. Especially if you're buying.

Sheeesh.
It means *most* guys who are good with women don't seriously date old women, especially consider marrying old women, when younger, hotter, tighter women are available to them.

It tends to be the guys who aren't good with women who commit to older women because they are easier to get with.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:19 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
The thing is is that not every single guy on this planet is driven around by his joint, yeah, a lot are but not all, sometimes people meet and for whatever reason they have a connection.

Or am I just being a little pollyanna here????

Old 01-01-2014, 02:20 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,597,040 times
Quote:

Sheeesh.
you know this through your vast experience with them as a guy I take it?

Old 01-01-2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
It means *most* guys who are good with women don't seriously date old women, especially consider marrying old women, when younger, hotter, tighter women are available to them.

It tends to be the guys who aren't good with women who commit to older women because they are easier to get with.
Older women can get with older dudes if they just wanna get laid. Not all older guys need ED drugs, yanno.

I see your point if you're talking about unattractive/poor/etc older women who have no other options, but that's true of younger women who aren't very attractive/are broke/have drug problems/weight problems, etc, it's it?

Sooo... all things being equal, a guy might (in his late 20s) want to hook up with a hottie who is 25 instead of a hottie who is 35, but if the 35yo is educated, intelligent, has a good career and more in common with him than the 25yo, sex is probably all he's really gonna want from the younger female. Understandable. It's just sex.

Let's be serious. The dudes who will pick the much younger woman for a serious relationship even if she's not the best choice from a compatibility standpoint are the ones with massive egos and older women wouldn't tolerate that crap anyway.

Younger women might, but only if he's got bank.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
you know this through your vast experience with them as a guy I take it?
Please... any intelligent woman has no trouble figuring out what makes other women tick.

I know this because I have MANY male friends. Always have. If you're good friends with men, they tell you **** they don't tell other women... or other men.

Ask me how many of them slept with me... the answer is... some... but, not all. Hell, I'm still friends with most of my exes. They call me to talk about woman problems because I know them and can tell them if they're being dumbasses again.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:

It's the best they can do in most cases. The younger tighter stuff is out of their "price range", so to speak.

And then with older women, it's food for their ego to be wanted by young hot studs. In their mind it like "Ah yeeeah, still got it."

Old 01-01-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The thing is is that not every single guy on this planet is driven around by his joint, yeah, a lot are but not all, sometimes people meet and for whatever reason they have a connection.

Or am I just being a little pollyanna here????

No... you're not.

My husband is very successful in his career and he devoted most of his late teens/early twenties to getting involved in his career. He's not into team sports and other "dude bonding" crap... tends to go for hiking, mountain biking, running, etc.

He's more of the type who is attracted to intellect first. Sure, he notices hot chicks. Who the hell doesn't notice young, nubile, hot people (of either gender)?

But... that's not his main motivation in life, no. Why should it be? The women he dated that were younger were dull to him. He had a couple of LTRs with women closer to his age, and they were nice-looking females, but ultimately, those relationships weren't what he wanted.

I appreciate men who can think with the larger brain first and the smaller one second.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Please... any intelligent woman has no trouble figuring out what makes other women tick.

I know this because I have MANY male friends. Always have. If you're good friends with men, they tell you **** they don't tell other women... or other men.

Ask me how many of them slept with me... the answer is... some... but, not all. Hell, I'm still friends with most of my exes. They call me to talk about woman problems because I know them and can tell them if they're being dumbasses again.
Not hard to get you going is it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships