Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 04:57 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,374,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Lol, don't be silly.

Which minority man who struggles with women would eliminate his own women as options? That's like playing scratch off lottery every day for your living.

I would actually be quite content sticking to my own race, but I have over the course of life just fallen for other women.

I only mentioned white guy, because women of every race dig white guys. Although most of the women I liked who rejected me would date men of my race, I know for a fact 100% of them date white men.
Asian men?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 05:05 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,850,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Asian men?
Are you serious?

I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:12 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
In my case, and probably for many of us, there are or were real and perceived affects. My dating days are behind me, so this is all past tense, although I suspect it would apply if I were to date again.

Reality (like there is such a thing)

On a decent day like today, I can believe it when I write that women I'm genuinely attracted to have been attracted to me. Not every woman I'm attracted to by a long shot, but at any given point in my life I've felt like there was a mutual spark with at least one woman.

My looks and style are polarizing, though. Quirky. So while a small # of women appeared to be interested, a larger # saw me as their anti-type. Then the masses couldn't have cared less. That was a bit painful, but on a good day I'm still thankful that I experienced what I bolded.

Perception

Based on some emotional issues I've never fully resolved, the pain from the indifferent masses and the "anti-type" experience sometimes held my focus and held me back. Even in a solid relationship I often worry that my quirky charm will move a tick one way or the other and just seem weird. I realize that the worry and insecurity may be more the problem than the stuff I worry about, but I can't find the worry "off" switch sometimes.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:15 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,203,453 times
Quote:
Lol, don't be silly.

Which minority man who struggles with women would eliminate his own women as options? That's like playing scratch off lottery every day for your living.

I would actually be quite content sticking to my own race, but I have over the course of life just fallen for other women.

I only mentioned white guy, because women of every race dig white guys. Although most of the women I liked who rejected me would date men of my race, I know for a fact 100% of them date white men.
At the FIRST bolded....are you serious? LOL Maybe "struggles" is the key world. Cause I know LOTS of minority men that would and DO eliminate their own race.

At the SECOND bolded. So u want other races cause u just "happen" to fall for them. Right. How's that working out for you?

Well its whatever you like I guess. But good luck with that. Usually black men (if u are black) can pick up the lesser quality white women (for example) but maybe u aren't black.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
At the SECOND bolded. So u want other races cause u just "happen" to fall for them. Right. How's that working out for you?
How is being blind of race and liking women for what's inside working out for me? Really badly actually. Thanks for asking though.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:26 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,009,617 times
Is this thread about JJS99's personal problems now?

Why does it always turn into that?

Old 01-03-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Is this thread about JJS99's personal problems now?

Why does it always turn into that?
*shrugs*

Jillabean suggested something to me and I told her what my experiences were.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:51 PM

457 posts, read 605,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Duh. Everyone is like this, men and women alike. The thing is, what you find attractive, the guy next to you might think is a dog. I do feel men are more attracted to the same type of women, but that women are attracted to a wider array of men..but that's just coming from my own observations.

I don't think my sisters boyfriend is attractive at all, personality OR looks-wise. She feels the same about my guy...yet here we are.
Vehemently disagree on this, and there have been studies shown on this forum that have at the least put this belief into question.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:55 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,374,503 times
Quote:
Are you serious?

I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around.
I meant to only highlight this part:

"Which minority man who struggles with women..."

Which minority group struggles with women? Asian men? I'd guess Asian or Indian?

Old 01-03-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I meant to only highlight this part:

"Which minority man who struggles with women..."

Which minority group struggles with women? Asian men? I'd guess Asian or Indian?
Well yea, I didn't want to be that obvious, but yes, I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships