Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 10:47 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times

Advertisements

I don't think I'm necessarily ugly overall, but I do have a few very very very negative physical traits that happen to be deal breakers for a large swath of the male population. I do think it's hindered me quite a bit in dating, but it is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 10:52 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,215,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
ehh it hurts enough when im just talking to these women with no intentions and they get apprehensive..AS far as meeting new people its not really that easy for me im kinda shy at first until i know somebody
If you want things to improve you're going to have to take some action. How did you come about meeting the people in your circle?

Old 01-03-2014, 10:55 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,453,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
So you can't look in the mirror and be critical of what you can change?

Could you need braces? To lose weight? More exercise? Better skin care? Different hair cut, style, color? Better clothes?

Personally for most people, especially women (because I think men are more superficial) even if a woman's face isn't that hot, if she is in killer shape it will help a ton and make up for other areas lacked.
Of course, I can. I'm the most critical person of my looks I know. Though I have a nice smile, my top lip is too thin. I have my dad's wide face and his squinty green eyes. My nose is slightly crooked. I had braces a few years ago to realign my jaw (teeth were straight). My mother tells me I was born with hips. I have not one, but 3 cowlicks in my bangs (but look horrible without them). Color's good-I've been dying my hair since I started going gray at 21. Yes, I could lose weight, but I'm actually in decent shape due to bike commuting all summer.

Here's the latest picture of me. It was taken last month when my friend and I were out shopping one day. I did NOT buy the shiny object, was just goofing around when I tried it on:

shiny | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Old 01-03-2014, 10:56 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,197,348 times
Looks don't matter if your personality sucks.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:57 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,104,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
If you want things to improve you're going to have to take some action. How did you come about meeting the people in your circle?
Mostly friends from elementary or high school and the few other ones i met through them im not really great at befriending new people..

Im cool with my little circle anyway not rally a guy who needs or wants a ton of people around me only the few i know i can trust

Old 01-03-2014, 11:04 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,215,671 times
Quote:
Mostly friends from elementary or high school and the few other ones i met through them im not really great at befriending new people..

Im cool with my little circle anyway not rally a guy who needs or wants a ton of people around me only the few i know i can trust
Just keep doing what you're doing if it makes you happy.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:05 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,850,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Of course, I can. I'm the most critical person of my looks I know. Though I have a nice smile, my top lip is too thin. I have my dad's wide face and his squinty green eyes. My nose is slightly crooked. I had braces a few years ago to realign my jaw (teeth were straight). My mother tells me I was born with hips. I have not one, but 3 cowlicks in my bangs (but look horrible without them). Color's good-I've been dying my hair since I started going gray at 21. Yes, I could lose weight, but I'm actually in decent shape due to bike commuting all summer.

Here's the latest picture of me. It was taken last month when my friend and I were out shopping one day. I did NOT buy the shiny object, was just goofing around when I tried it on:

shiny | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I'd say I'm surprised you don't get approached.

I've definitely approached women worse looking than you and gotten rejected. Are you telling the whole truth about not getting approached?

In any case, everybody's sense of attraction is based on their own level of looks. So, if you fall beyond what most people consider attractive, it's a tough deal.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:12 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,104,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Looks don't matter if your personality sucks.
And your personality doesnt matter if your looks suck

Old 01-03-2014, 11:24 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
And your personality doesnt matter if your looks suck
Actually, my opinion is that if you have an amazing personality - you will find that some people will be attracted to you regardless of your looks. Likewise, if you are amazingly attractive, you will find that some people will want to be with you even if you have an awful personality. But if your looks aren't that great and your personality isn't great - things are going to be tough.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:29 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,850,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Actually, my opinion is that if you have an amazing personality - you will find that some people will be attracted to you regardless of your looks. Likewise, if you are amazingly attractive, you will find that some people will want to be with you even if you have an awful personality. But if your looks aren't that great and your personality isn't great - things are going to be tough.
Then, how would you explain getting rejected by female friends who love you as a person and want to be around you.

It's a rhetorical question actually. I already know the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships