Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If a woman appraoches you and shows interest in you... and you are interested in her... do you ask f
yes 13 76.47%
no 4 23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 01:57 PM

663 posts, read 778,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
That's the whole point. Most guys won't go for it, only the ones who are really interested will.
No...the guys who have confidence will go for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 01:58 PM

306 posts, read 299,744 times
Quote:
That's the whole point. Most guys won't go for it, only the ones who are really interested will.
Interested in sex not alway a relationship but you can keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:01 PM

306 posts, read 299,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Confidence comes with sucess so didn't expect a man who has faced alot of rejection to keep putting himself out there.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:03 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
So then who do you date? Do you only date women that ask you out? If women that approach you but don't ask you out don't have a chance - then do you date only women that ask you out?
I never said that. What I did say is that the ones who do have a BETTER chance. I still ask the ones who don't probably around half the time that I'm interested. (as previously mentioned, it depends on my dating/life status at the time).

There's some level of hypothetical-ness here...for instance, I've only been truly asked out by a woman once in my life. But I've been on hundreds of dates with dozens of women. Since only one has ever asked me out, that means I was the one who did it all the other times.

I hope that answers your question.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
err because female Financial Advisers give me their business card.

Bank tellers give me their business card.

Wordpress and Javascript meetups with women give me their business card.

Startup entrepreneurs give me their business card.

My plumber gives me his business card.

My clients give me their business card.

Giving a business card means nothing.

Ahh, I see. Perhaps I had a different picture of the circumstances under which I would be given said business card. If it's during the course of a work transaction or something....then obviously not. But if a woman I'd never met started talking to me in a social situation and gave me her card....she just gave me her number (and implicitly, permission to call her). I'd say that's a pretty boss move on her part.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Ahh, I see. Perhaps I had a different picture of the circumstances under which I would be given said business card. If it's during the course of a work transaction or something....then obviously not. But if a woman I'd never met started talking to me in a social situation and gave me her card....she just gave me her number (and implicitly, permission to call her). I'd say that's a pretty boss move on her part.
No, I would just assume that she wants to solicit her business.

If she was interested, she would give you her PERSONAL number not her BUSINESS number or BUSINESS card.

Business = business

personal = personal

Old 04-04-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
No, I would just assume that she wants to solicit her business.

If she was interested, she would give you her PERSONAL number not her BUSINESS number or BUSINESS card.

Business = business

personal = personal
I hear what you're saying, but I think that making an assumption like that is reaching a little TOO far. Business cards (in my experience) almost always have their personal cell number. It certainly could be a business solicitation, but I read it more as "hey, here's my number, and by the way, I'm professional as you can see from my business card", which is a plus in my book. In fact, I've given out my business card with a similar mindset. I certainly hope that those women didn't suspect me of trying to solicit their business. If they want to think I'm a douche for trying the "here, I have a fancy title on my card" angle, they're probably partially right, but at least they'd have the right impression about my intentions.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:19 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,994 times
Quote:

so tell me, if it were you and a woman walked up to you, smiled, flirted and initiated a conversation with you and showed interest in you; and you in turn found her to be attractive and you were interested in her, would you ask for her number?

Absolutely!!

Most men that are used to dealing with women know how to tell the difference between true interest and plain friendliness.

Sometimes men will hesitate, but most of the time we won't waste anytime getting those digits.

Some guys are a bit slower than others.

Ladies.....don't be afraid to put yourself out there.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:44 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,806,407 times
Quote:
I know it sounds cold, but that's not my problem. That's the guy's problem. I mean, it stinks if I come up to him and flirt and such and he just can't get up the nerve to ask and there will be a missed opportunity, but there will eventually be a man who does have the nerve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobalistic View Post
Interested in sex not alway a relationship but you can keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.
See, my experience has been the exact opposite. The last man I was with/dated, I came on to him strongly, set up the dates, etc, etc, did all those things you are saying I should do. He seemed shy to me so I thought he needed some encouragement. I even initiated sex. Turns out, he wasn't really interested in me. He just went along because he wasn't going to say no if I kept doing everything. He had nothing "invested" in us. He even told me later it was a mistake for him to mislead me (and apologized for hurting me). So he knew what he was doing.

Now I go back and look at an old boyfriend of mine from college who was nervous as hell--but had the guts to ask me out (this was back in the day when I was too shy to approach men). Well, we had a real relationship and he was a great boyfriend. We eventually just drifted apart when he dropped out of college, but the time we were together was rewarding for both of us.

The men who approach looking for sex--you can tell. Trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Absolutely!!

Most men that are used to dealing with women know how to tell the difference between true interest and plain friendliness.

Sometimes men will hesitate, but most of the time we won't waste anytime getting those digits.

Some guys are a bit slower than others.

Ladies.....don't be afraid to put yourself out there.
Thanks! I am having a hard time explaining, but there is a difference between friendliness and true interest. I think most men pick up on it. I know there are some who don't, but I don't know what to tell them other than to get experience or get a mentor.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I know it sounds cold, but that's not my problem. That's the guy's problem. I mean, it stinks if I come up to him and flirt and such and he just can't get up the nerve to ask and there will be a missed opportunity, but there will eventually be a man who does have the nerve.
That's fine and I don't have a problem with that. Just know that usually "douches" "alpha males" "jerks" "players" ... however you want to call them, are more likely to have confidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships