Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 12:26 PM

31,320 posts, read 22,314,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
So I recently discovered that my ex-boyfriend got married and I'm kind of not happy about this. I haven't seen or spoken to him in the five years since we broke up and knew absolutely nothing about what was going on in his life. I assumed he was dating or in a relationship, but not MARRIED!!! I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET MARRIED BEFORE HE DID, BUT I'VE BEEN SINGLE EVER SINCE I BROKE UP WITH HIM.

He wasn't a horrible guy so I guess he deserves to be happy, but . I haven't seen the girl yet, but I really want to know what she looks like.
"He wasn't a horrible guy"
If this is the best you can say about him he doesn't sound like a good match for you!

Old 04-29-2014, 12:27 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,676,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
It could mean he was desperate and settled because he was sure he would never get such a great person like you again.
Thanks, but no...that definitely wasn't the reason! lol

Quote:
Think like this - if he married so quickly, he might not have chosen wisely.
It wasn't exactly quick. I obviously don't know how long they were dating, but we broke up 5 years ago when he was 24, so I suppose he's older and more mature now.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:29 PM

73 posts, read 88,023 times
Perhaps it would be more productive to think about why you are single 5 years later?

Old 04-29-2014, 12:30 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,676,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyWarhol View Post
Perhaps it would be more productive to think about why you are single 5 years later?
Because I'm a loser and he's not?

Old 04-29-2014, 12:34 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,751,870 times
Quote:
Thanks, but no...that definitely wasn't the reason! lol

It wasn't exactly quick. I obviously don't know how long they were dating, but we broke up 5 years ago when he was 24, so I suppose he's older and more mature now.
I agree with you on the it wasn't that quick, but I think there are things for you to think about from this.

It's natural to wonder what exes are doing and with the invention of social media, it is all too easy to figure it out. However, why are you so unhappy about the news that someone that you haven't spoken to in five years has gotten married? Why haven't you been dating since? Did you expect him to pine after you for five years and crawl into a hole? Why does it matter to you what his wife looks like?

Also, the thing about his wife. How she looks is irrelevant, because you're not competing with her.

2,826 posts, read 4,009,053 times
Is this how all women think?

Why do you want to know what she looks like?

14 posts, read 15,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Competition.

Like the guy who found out his ex is engaged.

They must feel they will never find anybody good like them thus hoping for a lonely ending to say, "See!! No one could put up with you!!!"
I remember one evening when my college girlfriend said, "One day you're going to be sorry you missed out on me." In some respects, she was right. In others? Naaaaah. People break up for a reason, it's just the natural flow of things.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:35 PM

73 posts, read 88,023 times
Quote:
You would know that, not me. I highly doubt that's the case.

I was just saying, perhaps it would be more productive to worry about what you're doing and why you're doing it, not what someone else from your past that you've had no contact with for 5 years is doing.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:36 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,369,541 times
Quote:
Now see, that's where this starts and it only leads to more. Don't torture yourself.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:37 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,967,895 times
Quote:
So I recently discovered that my ex-boyfriend got married and I'm kind of not happy about this. I haven't seen or spoken to him in the five years since we broke up and knew absolutely nothing about what was going on in his life. I assumed he was dating or in a relationship, but not MARRIED!!! I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET MARRIED BEFORE HE DID, BUT I'VE BEEN SINGLE EVER SINCE I BROKE UP WITH HIM.

He wasn't a horrible guy so I guess he deserves to be happy, but . I haven't seen the girl yet, but I really want to know what she looks like.
Wait..he got married. You're single..You won. Seriously, you won.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships