Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2014, 10:47 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,738,038 times

Advertisements

i been going once a week to do volunteering with dogs. it's fun and all but i still cannot get dates like other women. something about me the men have never liked. it must be my looks or something that turn them all away from me.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:59 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
i been going once a week to do volunteering with dogs. it's fun and all but i still cannot get dates like other women. something about me the men have never liked. it must be my looks or something that turn them all away from me.
Well, try and just enjoy the dogs and see what happens... I know it sounds stupid, but sometimes just forgetting about meeting someone is when things happen.

Hopefully you are having a good time with the doggies... that sounds like good stuff right there.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well, try and just enjoy the dogs and see what happens... I know it sounds stupid, but sometimes just forgetting about meeting someone is when things happen.

Hopefully you are having a good time with the doggies... that sounds like good stuff right there.

okay that's what i been doing but i still feel alone. ty

Old 07-05-2014, 11:06 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
okay that's what i been doing but i still feel alone. ty
I know.... we all feel alone at times..... hang in there

Old 07-05-2014, 11:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
excellent!! the dogs will help you gain confidence in yourself. once you learn to master the walk with the dogs, and i dont mean one at a time, but more like 6-8 of them at once, and when you can keep the dogs under your control with your calm assertive energy(watch the dog whisperer to really understand what i am talking about), you will gain the confidence you need in yourself to get guys to come to you.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
excellent!! the dogs will help you gain confidence in yourself. once you learn to master the walk with the dogs, and i dont mean one at a time, but more like 6-8 of them at once, and when you can keep the dogs under your control with your calm assertive energy(watch the dog whisperer to really understand what i am talking about), you will gain the confidence you need in yourself to get guys to come to you.

okay. at least i see now why some people recommend working with the dogs so I can get dates.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:22 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:
okay. at least i see now why some people recommend working with the dogs so I can get dates.
I love doggies.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:44 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,432,399 times
It could be that you come across in real life as uptight. Thats how you often come across on this forum. Don't be so cold, smile more and you may have more joy.

Last edited by dave nz; 07-06-2014 at 08:54 AM..

Old 07-06-2014, 10:06 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times
Quote:
I really hate to suggest this because it's insufferable, but maybe start going to some of those typically unbearably boring and ridiculous activities males like - useless stuff that involves guns and balls.

Shoot something (targets? skeet?), join sports games or clubs (if you can bear it without falling asleep), go to some boxing bs, crap like that. You're bound to meet a man. Not saying it will be a brilliant man. Probably NOT!!!!

Old 07-06-2014, 11:13 AM

257 posts, read 713,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I really hate to suggest this because it's insufferable, but maybe start going to some of those typically unbearably boring and ridiculous activities males like - useless stuff that involves guns and balls.

Shoot something (targets? skeet?), join sports games or clubs (if you can bear it without falling asleep), go to some boxing bs, crap like that. You're bound to meet a man. Not saying it will be a brilliant man. Probably NOT!!!!
Haha, no. Don't do this. Unless you are one hell of an actor, the disdain felt for the activity will be pretty obvious, and that will be a turnoff for anybody who's there to enjoy the activity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships