Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 12:51 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,944,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I hear ya! The women who I know who are financially supporting men are black though. lol One works a lot, but she only wants her husband to do chores around the house. I think she's afraid he'd cheat if he had a job. Another has a good job and her husband doesn't, so he stays home and takes care of their kid. Another is almost 60 and I think she's just afraid to be alone so she lets her boyfriend live with her although he has no job/income.

But yeah, not for me.
Yup no thanks! There are some men out there who want to use some sort of psuedo-femininism logic to cover up the fact they are too lazy to support themselves! I have met a few of these. They seem to say stuff like "you are a liberated lady, why don't you buy me a drink!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 12:54 PM

898 posts, read 938,928 times
Quote:
Yeah, I'm just saying that even though I don't like that mindset, I can't change it. Yes, I've complained about it before and was told that I'm not going to change the minds of men. So that's that.
You will definitely not change everyone's perspective. But at least you're aware of how it's a flawed mindset to feel entitled to anything that has not been earned, so to speak. By earned, I mean getting to know that person, building up trust within that person, and building a relationship with that person that goes beyond just hooking up.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

Entitlement? No, but I find that the people who pay apparently think I am worth treating so I go with it! I am not going to turn down free stuff!

I feel like some of you guys haven't really found anyone you feel like is worth treating special!
Of course. Who in their right mind would turn down free stuff? If you decide that a man is not worth seeing again because they take you up on an offer to split the bill (especially on a first date where they may be meeting you for the first time), that is a feeling of entitlement. Just as it's a sense of entitlement if a guy thinks that by buying you dinner or going on a date with you, he is owed sex. That is the very definition of entitlement.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:08 PM

31,134 posts, read 22,174,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
What I don't get is a Friend of mine who makes good money, has a lot in the bank, and still expects his date to split the tab
Quote:
Does he post on this forum?
Not that I know of. You would think that a guy who makes 200k a year and has 2 mil in the bank would pick up the tab when dating almost everytime

Old 08-01-2014, 01:10 PM

36,672 posts, read 30,985,893 times
Quote:
Yup no thanks! There are some men out there who want to use some sort of psuedo-femininism logic to cover up the fact they are too lazy to support themselves! I have met a few of these. They seem to say stuff like "you are a liberated lady, why don't you buy me a drink!"
You should tell them "sure right after you go make me a sandwich".

Old 08-01-2014, 01:14 PM

36,672 posts, read 30,985,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DM1N View Post
Of course. Who in their right mind would turn down free stuff? If you decide that a man is not worth seeing again because they take you up on an offer to split the bill (especially on a first date where they may be meeting you for the first time), that is a feeling of entitlement. Just as it's a sense of entitlement if a guy thinks that by buying you dinner or going on a date with you, he is owed sex. That is the very definition of entitlement.
Are you equating a $10 coffee and pie to sexual intercourse with the inherent risk of among other things STD's, pregnancy and 18 years of child support? Just wondering.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Are you equating a $10 coffee and pie to sexual intercourse with the inherent risk of among other things STD's, pregnancy and 18 years of child support? Just wondering.
Any form of entitlement. Let's stick with making out for the sake of this argument. If I pay for your meal, am I entitled to a make-out session?

Old 08-01-2014, 01:19 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,641,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DM1N View Post
Any form of entitlement. Let's stick with making out for the sake of this argument. If I pay for your meal, am I entitled to a make-out session?
I might be ok with that, but it needs to be a decent meal. lol

Old 08-01-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I might be ok with that, but it needs to be a decent meal. lol
Haha, no we're treading a thin line between dating and a business transaction.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:31 PM

39,321 posts, read 27,704,630 times
Quote:
*Not that women are supposed to be submissive. But there is always a "leader" in every relationship,and that person usually likes to plan and pay for outings. And I want to be inclusive. Anyway let's think of it as two roles, the planner and the goer. The planner typically pays and the goer accompanies.
Interesting

I have always dated guys who are willing to pay for dates. But I always offer to pay my share. So paying for dates has never been an issue for me.

This is not politically correct for me to say, but I do find guys who pay for dates more attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships