Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever had a woman put her hands on you?
Yes 28 70.00%
No 12 30.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 08:53 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanWarrior View Post
Yes. I grabbed her wrist and twisted it hard. She couldn't write or hold anything with that hand for more than a week.

On another occasion one was going to hit me, I stepped away but put my foot in front of her. She tripped, banged her face on the table and broke a tooth. I couldn't stop laughing for hours.
Defending yourself is one thing, but finding joy in maiming people is a smidge disturbed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 09:07 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Yep. Yesterday after work I went to a college party with my friends. My ex was there. She wanted to talk to me but I told her to leave me alone. She threw a fit and slapped me in the face because I won't take her back. I am pressing assault charges against her.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:21 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,459,538 times
As a child but not in a relationship. Didn't hit her back either just took it. Eventually others stepped in, after it had went on for a while on and off. This was in summer camp.

IDK, I usually have a keen sense of who might do that and just avoid them altogether. I've heard of guys getting hit and people going back and forth in a relationship but that seems like a toxic situation that they both need to get out of. Once that is okay in the relationship, it never stops, and that potential for violence is always there.

Like most of the stories here either you return the favor and keep your fingers crossed or you return the favor and you don't care what the fallout may be. You're never going to look good, and no one is ever going to hear your side, but yet and still she'll continue to stay in that relationship with you.

Men don't think that they can get abused but they can. Woman is belittling you, emasculating you. She doesn't necessarily need to hit you; but I think our hang-ups about masculinity make it out to be a problem that we can fix, and no man wants to be someone that could not fix a problem so we'll stay around. There are other women out there.

Now if more than one woman is hitting you, across several relationships, then you need to take a good look at yourself and the type of woman that you are attracting, or how is it you continue to provoke women to violence.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:33 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,324,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Yep. Yesterday after work I went to a college party with my friends. My ex was there. She wanted to talk to me but I told her to leave me alone. She threw a fit and slapped me in the face because I won't take her back. I am pressing assault charges against her.
Good for you! I'm glad that you're holding her accountable.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:09 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Good for you! I'm glad that you're holding her accountable.
Her parents will hate me after this. Well, she should've kept her hands to herself.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:13 AM

324 posts, read 294,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Defending yourself is one thing, but finding joy in maiming people is a smidge disturbed.
They were the ones who attacked me and I can't even have a laugh out of it?

Old 08-23-2014, 10:32 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,610 times
I WISH a female would try to do something. But I never got into a physical altercation with someone as an adult. As a kid, however, this older and bigger female wanted to fight me and I forgot the reason why. We actually got into a tumbling match (like how wrestlers do) and it was pretty even. We made plans to have the fight after school and everyone wanted to see it. But after talking it out and apologizing, then we squashed the beef and actually became decent friends--until I moved later that year.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:37 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,435,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizo916 View Post
I WISH a female would try to do something. But I never got into a physical altercation with someone as an adult. As a kid, however, this older and bigger female wanted to fight me and I forgot the reason why. We actually got into a tumbling match (like how wrestlers do) and it was pretty even. We made plans to have the fight after school and everyone wanted to see it. But after talking it out and apologizing, then we squashed the beef and actually became decent friends--until I moved later that year.

Why?

Just got this urge to slap a woman, or are there no men you can take on?

Old 08-23-2014, 10:50 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Why?

Just got this urge to slap a woman, or are there no men you can take on?
Yeah that was just a bit disturbing. I don't WISH for anyone to ever hit me. It has happened but hell I'd never wish for it. Have to wonder about some folks

I kicked a guy in the shin and shoved him on his ass. He deserved it. He full on grabbed my boobs with both hands. He's lucky that's all he got...I took pity on him because he was shyt-faced so I walked away when he was down.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:52 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,930,757 times
There was a girl in hi school that when I round a corner she punch me in the shoulder hard as she could and though I tried to befriend her we never got close.
I wish we could have been friends.
I knew she had trust issues with men/people, but I did not have a degree in psychology to know how to help her. 1967.
I've had women kiss me out of the blue and assume their fantasy would occur ,not.
One of the reasons I wear a beard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships