Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever had a woman put her hands on you?
Yes 28 70.00%
No 12 30.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 03:08 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanWarrior View Post
People should think twice before taking the initiative to hit someone, man or woman.

I knew a woman who in the midst of an argument started hitting her boyfriend, absolutely convinced he would never do anything to her because she was a woman.

Nowadays his mother visits him every week in prison and her mother visits her every week in the cemetery.
If you don't mind me asking, what happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 03:42 PM

324 posts, read 294,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what happened?
Well, he lost his mind and killed her. Not that there's an excuse for that but people should be aware they shouldn't take the initiative on violence. You're crossing a very dangerous line and never know how it'll end up.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Well, he lost his mind and killed her. Not that there's an excuse for that but people should be aware they shouldn't take the initiative on violence. You're crossing a very dangerous line and never know how it'll end up.
That's so sad. Women never know who they're putting their hands on. Not saying it's right, but there are some crazy men out here who will severely injure a woman if she hits him.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:57 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times
Let me make this clear. If anyone (man or woman) assaults me or my loved ones, they WILL get hurt or possibly even killed. The second amendment does not discriminate against gender. Case closed.

For ladies who whine at this, sorry to say but equality is a 2 way street. You got the guts to hit, you pay for it.

Thankfully, I have never been hit by a female stranger. I behave gentleman like towards woman (to minimize conflict), and stay FAR away from drunk trash.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 08-25-2014 at 04:24 PM..

Old 08-25-2014, 04:05 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
My life seems to be boring compared to what I read here. Nobody ever hits me. I don't hit anybody. Maybe I should get drunk more often?

Old 08-25-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
My life seems to be boring compared to what I read here. Nobody ever hits me. I don't hit anybody. Maybe I should get drunk more often?
You're lucky.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:04 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,324,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshudicare View Post
Yep. She was mad that I didn't agree with her on a subject. I laughed and walked away. She socked me from behind and I responded with a swift and firm backhand to the ear.

Of course her idiot "male friend" punched me from the side, but he ended up getting laid out.

Moral of the story: Keep your hands to yourself. Women are NOT children so don't treat them like such. They know exactly what they are doing and they know the law and other people with take her side no matter how violent she gets.

And no, the smaller and weaker argument fails because I've seen small guys start mess get laid out by big guys and NO ONE felt bad and even said he deserved it.

I don't advocate beating women: I advocate self-defense.
Amen! Hands to yourself!!!!

Quote:
People should think twice before taking the initiative to hit someone, man or woman.

I knew a woman who in the midst of an argument started hitting her boyfriend, absolutely convinced he would never do anything to her because she was a woman.

Nowadays his mother visits him every week in prison and her mother visits her every week in the cemetery.
WOW! Not the ending I was expecting... What was he sentenced to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Let me make this clear. If anyone (man or woman) assaults me or my loved ones, they WILL get hurt or possibly even killed. The second amendment does not discriminate against gender. Case closed.

For ladies who whine at this, sorry to say but equality is a 2 way street. You got the guts to hit, you pay for it.

Thankfully, I have never been hit by a female stranger. I behave gentleman like towards woman (to minimize conflict), and stay FAR away from drunk trash.
Here's a spinoff: Would you press charges if a loved one assaults you?

Old 08-26-2014, 02:41 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Depends on the severity of the assault. If the person tried killing me, yes.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:43 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times
Quote:
On hitting me out of aggression, they are no longer called a loved one.

And yes, I would press charges in this case and separate from that person. As a citizen of this country, its important to do my duty and report crimes.

Men who think reporting crimes on women are wimpish, SHAME ON YOU. Letting offenders of any gender slide will just contribute to more crime in our society. Do your part to protect the people and report acts of violence. Country first, manhood second got that .

I respect other people and wont put my hands on them, unless they assault first.

I also steer clear from people whose attitude aggravates me.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 08-26-2014 at 05:59 AM..

Old 08-26-2014, 05:49 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
As in, have you ever had a woman assault (hit, slap, punch, kick, spit, etc.) you? Please share details. Did you press charges? Did you hit her back? Did you cuss her out? Did you just take it?

And to the women that might be reading and want to contribute, please share whether or not you've put your hands on a guy.
I have certainly "put my hands on" a guy. I have slapped/hit at least two guy that I can remember. This was after they "put their hands on" me. If charges had been filed, they would have come from me. The title of your poll is a pretty misleading. You should have asked if men have been assaulted without first assaulting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships