Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2014, 12:52 PM

4,222 posts, read 4,749,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I just came back from dating a ripe peach. But she wasn't on sale tonight. Hope my luck is better next time .

ATL truly has gorgeous women and awesome places to date. I've always liked food and making friends with people. I'd date girls just for that .
A ripe peach that wasn't for sale?

WTH?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 06:40 AM

630 posts, read 1,049,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Every woman I know who are physically or sexually attracted to a particular guy either gets cheated on, become a single mom, or end up in credit debt from a relationship with a good looking guy who had nothing going for himself. These women never learn and repeat the same process again.
Great point. We women should just stick to dating ugly men because ugly men are virtuous, will never cheat, will never leave a pregnant girlfriend, and are all massively financially successful.

Old 10-19-2014, 07:02 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,222,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
Great point. We women should just stick to dating ugly men because ugly men are virtuous, will never cheat, will never leave a pregnant girlfriend, and are all massively financially successful.

Great post. These not-so-hot, self-proclaimed nice guys have resentment issues toward women and often misogynists. They get angry when women go for hot guys, but these same guys will say things like, "I know I'm unattractive/bald/overweight, but I want a woman who is a 10 who accepts me as I am."

Talk about double standards.

I've witnessed plenty of women get dogged out by ugly men--dogged out pretty darn badly. One of my friends was conned and taken for a ride by a guy who not only was ugly but was also disabled. He was a con artist scamming several women at once including my friend. Despite his looks and disability, he was a smooth talker and was able to run game on women. This same friend would tell me that I should not care about looks when it comes to men. Men are men, and dang it, if things go south, I want to at least be able to say the dude was hot lol! I've dated nothing but really attractive men, and my friend has dated nothing but unattractive men. She is still just as single as I am and has had the same relationship problems I have had with hot guys (i.e. cheating, lack of a desire to commit). It doesn't matter.

This idea that the not-so-hot guy will treat a woman better and hot guys are dogs is a fantasy of not-so-hot guys who think they should still get hot chicks even though they aren't hot themselves.

Old 10-19-2014, 08:14 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Quote:
AKA, a good looking woman who showed no interest in commitment with me. It's a metaphor describing rejection which I made up .
It's quite offensive to speak like that about women Adi. I'm surprised, I didn't take you for that type of guy

Old 10-19-2014, 08:22 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
It's quite offensive to speak like that about women Adi. I'm surprised, I didn't take you for that type of guy
I'm not the kind of person who mistreats women. Don't even think about me that way. I see the point for misunderstanding now. Please forgive me for the hurtful comment, I've deleted it.

Well, perhaps that's another reason why I'm alone. I need to learn how to come up with better witty phrases. I always come up with new phrases and it fails, but my friends manage to be so successful at it. There is a reason my SAT Verbal scores suck, LOL . It will get better with practice, bit I need a lace to practice first and I made a bad choice in location this time .

I'm much better off telling jokes in my native language than english.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 10-19-2014 at 09:08 AM..

Old 10-19-2014, 10:28 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,394,970 times
Quote:
I'm not the kind of person who mistreats women. Don't even think about me that way. I see the point for misunderstanding now. Please forgive me for the hurtful comment, I've deleted it.

Well, perhaps that's another reason why I'm alone. I need to learn how to come up with better witty phrases. I always come up with new phrases and it fails, but my friends manage to be so successful at it. There is a reason my SAT Verbal scores suck, LOL . It will get better with practice, bit I need a lace to practice first and I made a bad choice in location this time .

I'm much better off telling jokes in my native language than english.
Don't worry too much Adi. It's better to make mistakes here on CD than with a real live girl.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:04 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Don't worry too much Adi. It's better to make mistakes here on CD than with a real live girl.
True. I'd never want to make someone feel bad in real life. I'd lose sleep over that and even apologizing does not make me satisfied. But once the damage is done, that's all one can do . We are not all perfect, but should try to do the best to apologize, rectify, and not repeat such mistakes. I've done the best I could to apologize and rectify the error.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 10-19-2014 at 12:11 PM..

Old 10-19-2014, 11:46 AM

189 posts, read 275,989 times
Quote:
Great post. These not-so-hot, self-proclaimed nice guys have resentment issues toward women and often misogynists.
That's right, cupcake. Unattractive guys are always, ALWAYS misogynists. Keep telling yourself that, as you're evidently not self-aware enough to just admit that you're shallow and have done with it.

Women's shallowness truly is of epic proportions. I mean, think about it... they snap up all the attractive, successful guys; when those are gone, they batten on the attractive, less than successful guys, who inevitably screw them over; at this point, a few decide to settle for the less than attractive, successful guys, content in the knowledge that they can always have an affair or something somewhere down the road, to scratch that good-looking bad boy itch; and, finally, the women who remain are just SO disgusted by the thought of lowering their 'standards' to include less than attractive men who aren't millionaires, that instead they hijack the once-noble feminist movement and begin a constant and merciless media campaign to label all less than attractive, low-earning men as woman-haters and misogynists, thus justifying their preference for hyper-virile deadbeats.

Go in fear, brothers. Go in fear.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:35 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,394,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonyT View Post
That's right, cupcake. Unattractive guys are always, ALWAYS misogynists. Keep telling yourself that, as you're evidently not self-aware enough to just admit that you're shallow and have done with it.

Women's shallowness truly is of epic proportions. I mean, think about it... they snap up all the attractive, successful guys; when those are gone, they batten on the attractive, less than successful guys, who inevitably screw them over; at this point, a few decide to settle for the less than attractive, successful guys, content in the knowledge that they can always have an affair or something somewhere down the road, to scratch that good-looking bad boy itch; and, finally, the women who remain are just SO disgusted by the thought of lowering their 'standards' to include less than attractive men who aren't millionaires, that instead they hijack the once-noble feminist movement and begin a constant and merciless media campaign to label all less than attractive, low-earning men as woman-haters and misogynists, thus justifying their preference for hyper-virile deadbeats.

Go in fear, brothers. Go in fear.
Do you not think all human beings are shallow to a certain extent? Attractive people in general find it easier to find a mate and even jobs. Studies have shown that.

I don't think all men are misogynists and looks don't play into that. It's a seperate issue. I would say that unattractive people have more opportunity to feel bitter about the fact that it's harder for them to find a mate. Although if you look around, you will see plenty of unattractive people who are paired with others of varying degrees of attractiveness.

BTW, I am a feminist and I would never label low wage earners or unattractive men as misogynists. I personally think men on the whole are wonderful. It shouldn't be a battle between the sexes. No one wins then.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:55 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
Don't get me wrong, ugly guys or guys with no nice hearts and even nice guys get out of line too. I'm not saying you gals should go for unattractive men, no. You should go for whatever makes you happy inside and fulfilled. All I know is that most women I know go for their ideal type of guy for the wrong reasons and never works out. All I know from observation and even with experience relationships based on chemistry and attraction to a greater degree do not last long and someone gets hurt. I have seen too much women put effort into relationships that do not go anywhere and generally takes a nose dive for the worse. Also how can you like someone that does not really like you back or claims too? Don't get me wrong if I was a really, really hot guy and highly desirable I would cheat all the time, and the woman that is in a relationship with me would be powerless to break up with me. I have seen a lot of this happen too even if the guy is broke, or has money. But I have to say that its worst if an ugly guy cheats which is unexpected compared to a cute guy cheats which is understandable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships