Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2014, 09:38 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
It depends. I'm a New Yorker myself and dating can be so,so. Not only how much it costs, but what your date likes or what mutually. Also one has to put effort in dating like clothing, loosening weight, hygiene especially dental and other exterior credentials, and that's for the guys. Dating in NYC is hard. If you want to date in NYC either have lots of money or be a good looking bum which plenty of women in this city actually date and have relationships with. I know quite a few guys who are really, really good looking and have nothing going for themselves but women like them, buy them xbox or a plane ticket to DR for vacation. One thing about NYC that amazes me is the women, either if she unattractive or fat yet they still pull men left and right and these men are physically attractive. If an average plain jane or below woman is fat or ugly and tired of Florida, Cali and other sunbelt man shallow nuances, look no further and move to NYC, you will get dates really fast.

We sure do. If a guy spends more than a 100 dollars or more wining and dining a woman, a good chance he wont get anywhere. Some women here use dates as a meal ticket especially heaveily indebted college educated women who move to the city from some suburb down south or the Midwest right after college. There are plenty of cheap dating ideas in NYC that can be fun and instead of the boring dinner date or to a movie.
I want an attractive woman who like to hike a couple hours in the pine barrens and chomp a hoagie afterwards during a crisp fall weekend. Not expensive, and enjoyable too .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 09:39 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,212,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
With regards to looks, most people simply want someone who is sexually attractive to them. I don't see guys going for the top 1%. It's more like the top 10%, and you can't blame them, because they're not sexually attracted to the bottom 90%. It's the same way for women. I can't blame women for not wanting to date me or anyone else in the bottom 90%. I fully expect women to continue and try for the top percentile of males until they get one or are forced to settle with someone like me. That's completely logical.
I find it interesting how you state hyperbolic statements as fact. And yet, at 25, you've never been with a woman. But you know these concepts to be absolute truth. How does one become so knowledgeable with little to no practical experience?

Old 10-17-2014, 09:43 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
I find it interesting how you state hyperbolic statements as fact. And yet, at 25, you've never been with a woman. But you know these concepts to be absolute truth. How does one become so knowledgeable with little to no practical experience?
I couldn't rep you, but this ^^^ post made my day.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:44 AM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
you are hijacking the thread. but I take the true love of course.
"I take the true love"
Do you still believe that such an animal exists? Personaly, I believe it does, but the odds are 1000:1 or more of finding that unicorn.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:47 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"I take the true love"
Do you still believe that such an animal exists? Personaly, I believe it does, but the odds are 1000:1 or more of finding that unicorn.
THe questions wasn't whether to be able to find that person or not. It was the choose either one ..

Old 10-17-2014, 10:05 AM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
THe questions wasn't whether to be able to find that person or not. It was the choose either one ..
Gotcha. Practically speaking do you think you will have a chance of finding true love yourself?

Old 10-17-2014, 10:13 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foulball View Post
Serious question for the board...

Would you rather have professional/financial success, but with no one to love- and love you back? Or, would you rather have true love with no possibility of professional/financial success? Your decision is final and cannot be remedied at anytime in the future.
I can't live in poverty if that's what lack of financial success means. I'm already living out the first option anyway (some degree of financial success/no true romantic love), so I'll just stick with that.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:20 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,383,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foulball View Post
Serious question for the board...

Would you rather have professional/financial success, but with no one to love- and love you back? Or, would you rather have true love with no possibility of professional/financial success? Your decision is final and cannot be remedied at anytime in the future.
I have professional success and a ton of people who love me very much - just no romantic partner. If that's the rest of my life, I'm fine with it. My friends are kind of awesome.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:30 AM

295 posts, read 307,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I have professional success and a ton of people who love me very much - just no romantic partner. If that's the rest of my life, I'm fine with it. My friends are kind of awesome.
yes.That's a healthy attitude. Every time I go out I see tons of couples in their 30's, most of them with little children, and they always look so stressed out, unhappy and grumpy.

I think many people just settle and start a family because society tells us that this is, what "normal" people do. But later they figure out, that this kind of life doesn't make them happy, especially women who quit their job and end up as a housewife tend to be really frustrated at some point. Happiness comes from within.

Old 10-17-2014, 11:10 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Let's face it...some of us have flaws that prevent us from being in a healthy monogamous relationship with another person we desire.

I have been giving this some thought lately. Now at 35, sometimes I do wonder "if it's me". Now, on one hand, I totally believe that not everyone will find someone. It's just life. And luck. It ain't gonna happen for everyone. But on the other hand, I think I'm fairly attractive...independent...pretty easy to get along with...good-hearted...yada yada yada...so I think I 'should' have someone. And I remain patient. But sometimes I start to thinking...maybe I'm not putting myself out there enough, or maybe I'm too shy, or too picky, or this or that.

Has anyone here ever come to a conclusion of something they were doing wrong in the dating game/game of love and adjusted something about yourself as a result? Or even more interestingly, have you been told by someone/other people some thing or things you needed to change?
I have figured out why I am alone. However, there are certain things that are not worth changing.

Edit: I mean, not necessary to change. They are actually good qualities, but some people can't handle them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships