Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2014, 01:26 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I want kids, as I've mentioned on here. Also, I'm in better shape and look younger than women I've met who are the same age. I never expected to have to look for someone at this age. Wasn't my life plan, but found myself divorced at 40. It really sucks.
Every man who wants a younger woman thinks he looks better than women his own age. But anyways, good luck in your search in finding a woman to have kids with if that's what you really want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 01:37 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,789,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
But you also said way back that Atlanta sucked for dating too.

Have you ever tried any tools or techniques to get you out of your shell and more comfortable? Maybe that's what is tripping you up instead of just every place being lousy for dating? Just a thought.
Atlanta sucked only because of the recession, being unemployed, and trying to get over a divorce. I had too much working against me.

Alcohol works for me, lol. I've become more confident now that I have a career job, and I mean a great job. BUT I don't brag about it and am not flashy. I don't want a woman who only sees the success. I want a woman who will stick by me, unlike my ex-wife, so I can't be flashy. Not my style anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
If you are young looking for your age and are looking for a younger woman because you want to start a family, OLD is probably not the best bet for you--I bet in a lot of cases you are screened out before anyone even sees you (you have to set a search criteria and age range is an easy thing to limit).

Maybe speed dating events would work better? Have you tried those. They usually have an age range and you probably could go to one where you can meet a 30-something woman. Those things (at least where I live) always seem to sell out for women and they need more men too.

Another option would be a singles club. Even one geared for people in their 30s could work. Ages in those groups can often just be a suggestion or the main age of the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
True, OLD isn't a good venue for the OP, given his situation. Some of those speed-dating events go by agegroup, and group 36+ with 40-somethings. It could work. It could be good practice for him to get out of his shell, too.
Exactly right about the online dating. These women cut their search off at 39. I've considered lying about my age and then stating my true age in the first sentence of my profile just so I'm not eliminated on their initial search. However, I think I'd still be negatively judged for that.

I have tried speed dating, so thats definitely getting out of my shell and forcing myself to do something uncomfortable. I'm not socially awkward, although I don't always have a ton to say, which is good and bad. But there are none happening in this city at the moment. I think they're on hold because they don't have anyone to run them.

I'm bad in a club. I always wondered why that was, and finally it just dawned on me that its really just because I'm an introvert. I can't be in a room full of people where I don't know anyone and just start approaching. I do thinking about forcing myself to do this, but I don't think it would be very smooth.

Old 10-16-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Every man who wants a younger woman thinks he looks better than women his own age. But anyways, good luck in your search in finding a woman to have kids with if that's what you really want.
Well, I'm by no means arrogant or think I'm Brad Pitt, but I have been told by men and women that I'm good looking. Its a big deal for a straight man to say such a thing to another straight man, haha. You sound pretty bitter to me. I am too, for my own reasons.

Old 10-16-2014, 01:52 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Well, I'm by no means arrogant or think I'm Brad Pitt, but I have been told by men and women that I'm good looking. Its a big deal for a straight man to say such a thing to another straight man, haha. You sound pretty bitter to me. I am too, for my own reasons.
I'm not bitter, just giving you the cyber side eye.

Old 10-16-2014, 01:58 PM

138 posts, read 171,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
But you also said way back that Atlanta sucked for dating too.

Have you ever tried any tools or techniques to get you out of your shell and more comfortable? Maybe that's what is tripping you up instead of just every place being lousy for dating? Just a thought.
Tools or techniques? Ahhhhh, clearly you mean booze. It's a little known fact that every guy gets 7.6% more charming with each beer consumed.

Sincerely,
Cliff Clavin

Old 10-16-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr800-cr250 View Post
Tools or techniques? Ahhhhh, clearly you mean booze. It's a little known fact that every guy gets 7.6% more charming with each beer consumed.

Sincerely,
Cliff Clavin
Hahahahaha! Thats awesome!

Old 10-16-2014, 02:07 PM

138 posts, read 171,445 times
Quote:
I'm bad in a club. I always wondered why that was, and finally it just dawned on me that its really just because I'm an introvert. I can't be in a room full of people where I don't know anyone and just start approaching. I do thinking about forcing myself to do this, but I don't think it would be very smooth.
Nobody is good at meeting other people in a club except the guys that spend 3 hours before they go primping and go to the club 4 nights a week to look for hook ups. But the one value in forcing yourself to approach in a club is that you will get much more comfortable with rejection after the first couple dozen times and then approaches in general become much more comfortable. And when you can approach a woman with some confidence in a better setting your odds of at least getting some good conversation going will go up exponentially.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:07 PM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times
Quote:
Atlanta sucked only because of the recession.
I dunno dude, ATL does kinda suck for dating still today.LOL.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I dunno dude, ATL does kinda suck for dating still today.LOL.
Its 1000 times better than Oklahoma City, trust me.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:13 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Its 1000 times better than Oklahoma City, trust me.
For shure

Quote:
"but I have been told by men and women that I'm good looking."
In my opinion, I would put you in a category where personality and attitude determine if you are attractive to most women or not. If you were a woman your looks would be enough for many men. Since you a man, you would only get the initial glance, then the rest would be up to you.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 10-16-2014 at 02:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships