Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 11:48 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,732,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I don't care who such a person would be quoting, but the quote itself is pretty asinine. That would be the most offputting for me. But I'm a straight chick. Any guy posting that would just come off as a raging drama factory (as should any woman doing the same, though).
Yep, agree. I think it points to a person who lacks maturity and depth. Very indicative of someone who sees him or herself as a trophy or arm candy, nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 11:51 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well, it is, unless they really mean it. I responded when people wrote me with that in their profiles with something along the lines of "what crimes would you like to commit together".

If they came back with something witty, there was hope.
"Well, first, I was thinking of meeting up for some sight treason..."

Old 01-08-2015, 12:04 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,898,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Grazie

But I'm waiting for the deluge of responses from men saying "enjoy being alone with your cats!"

To which I would have to retort "it's dogs and books, dumbass, not cats."
Yeah, I would always get that comment from men (and a lot of women on message boards)when I would post my requirements. They'd tell me I'd have to settle (usually with a man with kids)to which I replied "I'd rather have cats than settle". Not sure why so many think being alone is worse than settling, since everyone I know who settled ended up miserable or alone anyway.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:05 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Well first I would do something banned in San Antonio, Texas...then something illegal In Georgia. Following that we could do something banned in Indiana and to top it all off we would do something very banned Cincinnati, Ohio

And if you figure all those out we're a match made in heaven

Working on it!

Old 01-08-2015, 12:15 PM

50,828 posts, read 36,538,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
This sounds good. Also for me.

doesn't share my religious views
looking to have lots of kids
looking for FWB situation
racist, toward any race
Anything poly, or open, I am strictly interested in monogamy
divorced - if he's in my age group, or near it and already divorced.....wow.

I figure when people say "no drama", they mean unnecessary crap, and childish issues. Like a poster here that claims she's spoiled, always nags and pouts when she doesn't get her way, dances on other guys to make her boyfriend jealous, then made he didn't come to claim her, but instead left her at the club. You know, petty HS crap is what I assume some mean with no drama.
I just read it as negative. I never put what I don't want, only what I do want. There was a reason that poster chose a girl like that, and saying "no drama" to me means that person isn't taking responsibility for their part in choosing her. You're not going to avoid attracting a**holes by simply saying "No a**holes" in your profile. IMO you're likely to attract MORE a**holes by stating that.

You meet people quickly and learn to be discerning, go slow, and see what they are like and if you want to date them again. I chose partners in my younger years who treated me badly, so has mostly everyone. I also don't want someone who chews with his mouth open, but I'm certainly not going to say that in my profile. To me saying "no drama" is no different. Normal healthy people don't like drama, nor people who chew with their mouths open; no need to state it, JMO.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:23 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,385,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I just read it as negative. I never put what I don't want, only what I do want. There was a reason that poster chose a girl like that, and saying "no drama" to me means that person isn't taking responsibility for their part in choosing her. You're not going to avoid attracting a**holes by simply saying "No a**holes" in your profile. IMO you're likely to attract MORE a**holes by stating that.

You meet people quickly and learn to be discerning, go slow, and see what they are like and if you want to date them again. I chose partners in my younger years who treated me badly, so has mostly everyone. I also don't want someone who chews with his mouth open, but I'm certainly not going to say that in my profile. To me saying "no drama" is no different. Normal healthy people don't like drama, nor people who chew with their mouths open; no need to state it, JMO.
"No drama" is a red flag for me. Simply because either to me that signifies that they are someone who normally attracts drama or that there is a decent possibility that they'll bail at the first sign of trouble.

I don't think stating "no drama" in a profile is a DEALBREAKER necessarily, but I'm going to wonder what exactly it means to the person who wrote the profile.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:32 PM

245 posts, read 219,565 times
Of the typical ones:

Religion - if you are religious, you are not for me. I'm not looking to convert or be converted

Ultra Conservative - Most of the time this does not come out in a profile, but if it does, see ya

Polygamy - not my thing... if you want to swing, fine, i'm not going to be a party to it

Racist - Again, something like this usually does not come up in a profile, but hey, if you are stupid enough to put it on your profile, i'm out

Old 01-08-2015, 12:34 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,445,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Soulmate -> wretch then back click

Good call
Yep. Soulmates only exist in Disney movies and Hollywood rom-coms (see Jerry Maguire, The Notebook, etc.)

Old 01-08-2015, 12:43 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,741,869 times
1. Casual sex: It tells me where the person's head is at. That they're probably not always safe. Their health is questionnable. I doubt they're looking for something serious.

2. No degree: If I read that you're not doing something substantial with your life and you're going through jobs like you're changing T-shirts, you're disqualified. I want someone with drive and ambition. Unless you dropped out of college and choose a more fulfilling path which provides you with a certain financial security, you're not a match.

3. Not capable of stringing a sentence together: Hey Shawty Wuzz up gurl? No.

4. "In a relationship": Then what on earth are you doing on this website? I want someone with morals.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:47 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
whats wrong with that???
Regarding "I'm just as comfortable in...."

1) It's on too many profiles/overused
2) All too often, it's a lie. A bait, catch-all phrase to appeal to then men that like each.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships