Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 11:14 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,475 times

Advertisements

The men (who complain) tend to complain about getting rejected by women, but rarely admit to doing much of the rejecting. Nobody wants them, according to them.

The women (who complain) tend to complain about rejecting men, but rarely admit to getting rejected themselves. They're always in hot demand, according to them.

Pretty interesting dichotomy if you ask me. Thoughts?

Old 01-10-2015, 11:16 AM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,289 times
Please quote specific posts that prove that the women who visit this forum say they are in hot demand.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:17 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Dich o what?

Um you link humanity in two baskets and for that reason I reject you.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Please quote specific posts that prove that the women who visit this forum say they are in hot demand.
Not verbatim ("hot demand"), but I've observed several female posters who've made sure to specify in their posts that they always have men chasing them, just not the men they are interested in.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:22 AM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Not verbatim ("hot demand"), but I've observed several female posters who've made sure to specify in their posts that they always have men chasing them, just not the men they are interested in.
Fair enough. I've admitted myself that I usually have gotten interest from guys, mostly when I am single. But, I have also admitted that I've had feelings for guys that haven't been reciprocated.

I might agree with you if you were talking about the one-time posters here but I don't think the regulars, men or women, fit your 'dichotomy' for the most part. Many female posters on this forum have shared stories about how it's been hard for them to find guys, but they mostly get dismissed as exaggerating things, or get blown off because 'hey're women' and it's still easier just because of their gender. Conversely, certain male posters like timberline and hawaiiancoconut seem to be able to attract who they like (they can correct me if I'm wrong) and they don't complain about having no luck/getting rejected a lot.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:24 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Not sure what you're asking but yes that has been my problem. I used to get many responses on dating sites, but very few were what I wanted. As an educated, in shape childless women I desired something close to it, but instead got the opposite. Meanwhile many men would complain on dating sites but what they rarely mentioned was the women rejecting them were usually much younger, better looking etc. Most people want people like them and people expect to get that. When one wants someone out of their league is when things get weird.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:34 AM

I guess there's not much of a question in the OP, but more or less asking if you've also noticed this.

Do you think this is the reality, or is it just perception? Sometimes I wonder if men have an easier time admitting being rejected, while women may have a much more difficult time admitting it and they always have to make it seem that someone is chasing them.

Technically, I could say that I have and have had women chasing me, but I usually don't. Most guys don't seem to either from what I've observed here, even though they might actually have some girl(s) who hits them up to see if they want to go out some time (but maybe it's not the girl they want).

Old 01-10-2015, 11:41 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
So, is your real question - Do women have a difficult time admitting that they are being rejected so that they have to make it seem like men are chasing them when you don't really believe that anyone is chasing them? Is that your question?

Old 01-10-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
So, is your real question - Do women have a difficult time admitting that they are being rejected so that they have to make it seem like men are chasing them when you don't really believe that anyone is chasing them? Is that your question?
No, Dewdroplet. I think I summarized it fairly well in the post right above yours though. Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:55 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
No, Dewdroplet. I think I summarized it fairly well in the post right above yours though. Let me know if you have any questions.
I basically said word for word what you said. You wonder if women have a hard time admitting that they are getting rejected so that they have to act like they are being chased. I'm not sure what you think I have wrong. I don't have any questions. Your thread is simply giving me a good chuckle!

Dating is about finding the right person. Men are still usually the ones that ask women out. Therefore, it makes sense that men face more rejection while women have a harder time with getting the right men to approach them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships