Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 02:36 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,992,967 times

Advertisements

I don't frequent places that are blatant sausage fests, so I couldn't tell you.

Are you sure you didn't go on a "gay night"? Maybe that's why it was 80% dudes with nobody talking to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 02:36 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,740,574 times
Quote:
I tried it before and I was embarrassed. One time was enough to make me never approach women in groups again.
haha...well atleast you can be one of the few guys who actually can say that they tried. lol

Old 03-22-2015, 02:37 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
I find, approaching a group of women (especially all friends) a tad intimidating. It only takes the disapproval of one of the friends and you're chances drop dramatically. A man is better off having a buddy in this situation.

Old 03-22-2015, 02:39 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,992,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
When I was in my 20s/early 30s, I went to bars with girlfriends frequently. Maybe there would be two of us, maybe 4 or 5, depending on the situation. I was regularly approached by guys, and I'm sure my friends were, too. A guy approaching one woman in a busy bar didn't need to worry about impressing the entire group. Everyone had their own conversations going with each other or other bar patrons. From reading the Relationship forum (since this issue has been mentioned in other threads), it sounds as though either times have changed, or guys are just far bigger wussies these days. Thank goodness dudes had the balls to approach in my bar days!
Blame the feminist movement. Militant feminists have liberalized and wussified many "men" these days into submission and fear.

Old 03-22-2015, 02:42 PM

So are there any tips we can give those dudes brave enough to enter into shark infested waters or is it a simple just don't do it. Granted I've even seen good-looking dudes get the quick cold shoulder from large groups of women. Agreed, a solid wing-man can be a terrific asset at times.

I mean if it is a group of attractive women I think a lot of guys would simply kick themselves at the end of the night for never saying anything. I know I do lol.

Old 03-22-2015, 02:47 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
haha...well atleast you can be one of the few guys who actually can say that they tried. lol
yep. But I'll never do it again.

Old 03-22-2015, 02:48 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Blame the feminist movement. Militant feminists have liberalized and wussified many "men" these days into submission and fear.
There have always been shy guys. Always. And there have always been wing-men, buddies who support the shy guy and boost his confidence. Guys who are too shy to participate in the mating game are like women who are too shy to participate; they need to get over it. Women are more likely to seek counseling for shyness. It's time men did, too.

Old 03-22-2015, 02:49 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I find, approaching a group of women (especially all friends) a tad intimidating. It only takes the disapproval of one of the friends and you're chances drop dramatically. A man is better off having a buddy in this situation.
Don't most guys go to bars or clubs with a buddy or two, anyway?

Old 03-22-2015, 02:53 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There have always been shy guys. Always. And there have always been wing-men, buddies who support the shy guy and boost his confidence. Guys who are too shy to participate in the mating game are like women who are too shy to participate; they need to get over it. Women are more likely to seek counseling for shyness. It's time men did, too.
Get over it? Clearly you don't understand shyness. When people are shy, they're like that forever. You say they need counseling? Shyness isn't a disease, it's someone's personality.

Old 03-22-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Don't most guys go to bars or clubs with a buddy or two, anyway?
Of course, but after a beer or two and the conversation begins to turn stale I assume many guys would be interested in mingling with members of the opposite sex. I know many guys go to the bar to watch the game and hang-out, but meeting women is usually (though not always) part of the unspoken equation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships