Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 12:24 PM

97 posts, read 80,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
I know an individual that is single(no children) Early 40's . Nice looking guy...however I am noticing a trend with him. It seems that he likes older women that are not married. He wines and dine them, takes them out....manages to move in with them after they have dated... I notice that females are always the primary bread winner within the relationship. The females are very well off financially....Maybe Im thinking too hard...But it just seems that seems like his ammo....Excuse the naivety, but are there men out there that prey on women like this?
Yes there are male gold diggers too. Shocking isn't it. Most of those type of men though like above, I watched from true crime tv series. LOL. They wine and dine lonely lady millionaires. Move in quick and marry then empty their bank account and kill them. Then move on to the next victim. Let's just hope this guy don't follow those creeper's footsteps eventually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 12:44 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,846,004 times
Welll this"

For Love or Crisp? 22-yr-old Dominican man marries 72-yr ...
pulse.ng/.../for-love-or-crisp-22-yr-old-dominican-man-marries-72-yr-old-...

This is DISGUSTING!

Your friend is a con man

Old 04-25-2015, 09:28 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,788,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Welll this"

For Love or Crisp? 22-yr-old Dominican man marries 72-yr ...
pulse.ng/.../for-love-or-crisp-22-yr-old-dominican-man-marries-72-yr-old-...

This is DISGUSTING!

Your friend is a con man
Why is he a con man? What makes you think these women aren't getting their money's worth? Maybe you don't give them enough credit. You really think well-to-do women are that dumb or desperate that they haven't considered his motives?

Old 04-25-2015, 01:18 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,461,659 times
There is a saying that goes when men get to be a "certain age" they are either looking for a "nurse or a purse."

I have met a few of these myself because I am also of a certain age. I just sort of laugh at them because they are pretty obvious and I am neither a nurse or a purse. But I have also met some very nice men around my age so I know it isn't totally true.

I don't think I could be interested in a very young man, like twenty years younger than I am. I prefer people closer to my own age so we have more in common. I would be safe there I think. Twenty years older and he would be dead so that lets that out.

I think there are women who might know a guy was stringing her along because she had some wealth but she may in turn also be taking advantage of the situation because she simply enjoys the companionship. In her later years, she is not going to be starry eyed and dreaming of a cottage with a picket fence and prince charming. It would be more like a handsome young(er) dude on her arm to show off to the girls at the country club.

Old 04-25-2015, 02:16 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,898 times
I do think a man who is looking for a woman that much older is a user. He wants a free ride. The woman is vulnerable, lonely, and many times needing companionship.

Old 11-25-2016, 04:30 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,731,483 times
Quote:
I know an individual that is single(no children) Early 40's . Nice looking guy...however I am noticing a trend with him. It seems that he likes older women that are not married. He wines and dine them, takes them out....manages to move in with them after they have dated... I notice that females are always the primary bread winner within the relationship. The females are very well off financially....Maybe Im thinking too hard...But it just seems that seems like his ammo....Excuse the naivety, but are there men out there that prey on women like this?
If I move a man in my house with me, we are cohabitating, not dating.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:03 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Quote:
Its really sad too....I mean didn't want to assume anything about him...but since I've known him, that is the pattern that I observed. All the women are very well- to-do with $$$$. He wines and dines them, manages to move in with them in their place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well, maybe the women know they are renting a boy toy.
No different then a young lady dating an older rich guy with money.

My thoughts are that everybody is getting what they want either $$$ or companionship.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:17 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
The situation really isn't age difference dependent.
Both sexes may do this at any age, just to reap the financial benefit.
It just takes one slick, charming, good at lying user and one target that doesn't want to live alone.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:36 AM

70 posts, read 46,555 times
This mentality that women often are helpless victims is so bad. Women are definitely much smarter and wiser on average when it comes to relationships. If anything I would be more concerned for the guy. Can't live on his own and can't earn his own. His life must be miserable and full of stress.

Old 11-25-2016, 06:26 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Dude finding single, well off chicks over 40? Easier than slapping a baby. Take your pick, move in, move on, don't matter. They are so happy to find a single guy who is not a convicted felon that they are happy for whatever they can get. Hell as a guy you don't even have to be good looking really once you are over 40.
So you're saying that women over 40 aren't the least bit picky? Seriously? I know plenty of women even older than that, myself included, who ARE picky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships