Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 07:28 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,120,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well, maybe for the top percent of dudes. I'm 43 yo and never been approached at a store. Rarely at all.
I am not in the top percent, I'm 44, 6ft5 average build own a small 2 bedroom house and live paycheck to paycheck. I get approached or flirted with from time to time, just not by women who want something serious, usually they turn out to be married and cheating(which I have no interest in) or basically looking for FWB but dont want to be tied down(where were these women when i was 19), I want more than that.
Attached Thumbnails
Why are so many people seeking poly relationships?-10426916_857097584323323_787778715662869943_n.jpg   Why are so many people seeking poly relationships?-721a.jpg   Why are so many people seeking poly relationships?-7218.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 07:58 PM

491 posts, read 402,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenapple View Post
What I'm concerned about is why people who do not find the poly lifestyle attractive are labeled all sorts of negative things by more "enlightened" individuals. )
This happened to me, a couple of times, online dating sites. A couple of men contacted me and asked if I was interested in being the third, with their wives/ girlfriends. I responded, no thanks, I'm not interested in a poly relationship. They replied back something to the effect "An open relationship can be great..." etc.

One guy in particular wrote a few sentences about it. "Every relationship you've ever been in up to now hasn't worked out, right? Don't dismiss an open relationship out of hand. Are you afraid? Open relationships come in many flavors, don't just say no without trying it!"

I sent a message back, something like "Again thank you for your interest, and again no thanks. I've experienced many relationship flavors in my life - some vanilla, some chocolate, some pistachio, and some rocky road. Don't take my disinterest as naivete."

He apologized for being presumptuous.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:44 PM

436 posts, read 421,365 times
Very much that, planetelle.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:28 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
Just frustrated because its one more thing telling me that what I seek is no longer really sought by others. this kinda realization sucks and I have been basically tol on this forum and others that my idea of an ideal relationship is out dated. but there are things I can budge on when it comes to a mate like
these things Dont wamt to become a playa because I feel that a sex life is best with one partner who is only sharing that part of herself with me and I with her, but I do have needs so I do what I have to do during the mean time at points where I cant take it anymore, but for me one night stands and FWB is like trying to fix a gunshot wound with a band-aid, better than nothing but not what I need.
I think this is a gross overreaction. Monogamous relationships are still very much the norm.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:52 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,027,190 times
Because many of us are capable loving more than one person romantically. It can be a beautiful thing if it works, but I'd imagine that it takes a lot of hard work. I see nothing wrong with it.

Old 07-08-2015, 12:45 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,609,315 times
Quote:
I am not in the top percent, I'm 44, 6ft5 average build own a small 2 bedroom house and live paycheck to paycheck. I get approached or flirted with from time to time, just not by women who want something serious, usually they turn out to be married and cheating(which I have no interest in) or basically looking for FWB but dont want to be tied down(where were these women when i was 19), I want more than that.
"Hi I'm not in the top percent, I'm just your average super hot well built guy who's really tall, owns his own home, can relate to the struggle of the average American, and actually WANTS a relationship."

I'm not sure why you are single but it's certainly not because you're not attractive.

Old 07-08-2015, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I think this is a gross overreaction. Monogamous relationships are still very much the norm.
Well serial monogamy is the norm anyway.
or the appearance of monogamy.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
"Hi I'm not in the top percent, I'm just your average super hot well built guy who's really tall, owns his own home, can relate to the struggle of the average American, and actually WANTS a relationship."

I'm not sure why you are single but it's certainly not because you're not attractive.
LOL I have not been well built since I was 25(15 - 24 had the body of a Greek statue), and my house is a 60 year old 2 bedroom on the outskirts of the hood. infact I had an otherwise good relationship end because the woman did not want to live in my house she wanted me to sell my house and we move to a nicer area, I said it would not make sense to sell a house that's paid for to have a mortgage or rent, especially since it would be just us(her kids were grown and moved out).

As far as being attractive, I dont think I'm ugly, but I'm not "The Rock" either.

I think I'm a 6 maybe 7 on a good day, and if not for the height I'd be a 5 (since according to dating site forums being over 6ft2 gives you an extra point lol).

Old 07-08-2015, 01:19 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,609,315 times
Quote:
LOL I have not been well built since I was 25(15 - 24 had the body of a Greek statue), and my house is a 60 year old 2 bedroom on the outskirts of the hood. infact I had an otherwise good relationship end because the woman did not want to live in my house she wanted me to sell my house and we move to a nicer area, I said it would not make sense to sell a house that's paid for to have a mortgage or rent, especially since it would be just us(her kids were grown and moved out).

As far as being attractive, I dont think I'm ugly, but I'm not "The Rock" either.

I think I'm a 6 maybe 7 on a good day, and if not for the height I'd be a 5 (since according to dating site forums being over 6ft2 gives you an extra point lol).
60 year old houses on the outskirts of the hood go for like $300k in my city, minimum.

What region do you live in? It must be the west coast. I can't imagine you having trouble dating around here.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
60 year old houses on the outskirts of the hood go for like $300k in my city, minimum.

What region do you live in? It must be the west coast. I can't imagine you having trouble dating around here.
LOL wow mine was valued at 15K, my yearly taxes range from $500 - $700 the highest I paid was $1,400 about 10 years ago, I know a guy who said his old house in LA was the same size as mine, and he sold it for enough to buy two 4-bedroom houses here. property values must be super inflated out west.

I live in texas the DFW area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships