Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 09:31 AM

75 posts, read 99,169 times

Advertisements

The only past relationship that matters is the ex with whom you share children. I applaud those with enough decency and respect to not serve their exes on a silver platter for any woman/man who wish to know the details. I would not want to be in a relationship with a man who tells me the intimate details about his past relationships because he will do the same to me. Total deal breaker. Would you want your ex(es) talking like this behind your back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2015, 09:33 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,358,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
Define really awful?
First things that come to mind, examples:
crimes-against-persons (wife-beating, child abuse)
contracted and has an STD
In other words, things a person should- but likely wouldn't- be 'honest' about: things from 'the past' that could affect the new person in 'the present.'

Old 08-08-2015, 10:19 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWindBlowing View Post
The only past relationship that matters is the ex with whom you share children. I applaud those with enough decency and respect to not serve their exes on a silver platter for any woman/man who wish to know the details. I would not want to be in a relationship with a man who tells me the intimate details about his past relationships because he will do the same to me. Total deal breaker. Would you want your ex(es) talking like this behind your back?
SING IT! Really.

"I was married. We were friends who should have stayed friends and we parted as friends. I dated other people and it's a good thing we broke up or I wouldn't be here with you." Smile pretty, end of discussion.

Old 08-08-2015, 10:25 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,642,681 times
Only thing that should be discussed would be if someone had an std. Or lets say recovering from alcohol or drug addiction. Short of that no ones business how many partners and various other questions.

Old 08-08-2015, 10:32 AM

920 posts, read 932,660 times
My husband and I never discussed past relationships, even well into the first decade into our marriage.

Not sure why or how the subject kinda came up, but it did in pieces....sort of the last 10 years

We've been married about 25 years now

None of us cared that much, the past is the past. So no, it is not a red flag

Old 08-08-2015, 10:33 AM

920 posts, read 932,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
Only thing that should be discussed would be if someone had an std. Or lets say recovering from alcohol or drug addiction. Short of that no ones business how many partners and various other questions.
what he/she said^^

Old 11-09-2015, 03:19 PM

408 posts, read 723,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Won't tell anything? Have you guys been dating long?

You ask him a question like how long was your last relationship...... and nada?
I'm actually the guy.

Old 11-09-2015, 03:32 PM

347 posts, read 425,753 times
No way! Why should I care about his ex? It's ME he's now spending time with. I actually get very irritated when guys go into details about their exes. All I care about is if they're single and disease free.

Old 11-09-2015, 03:45 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,092,300 times
Dating recently, and one of the first questions I ask is: "How long have you been divorced?" (if applicable)

If the answer is less than a year, I don't take the gal seriously. I'm not your rebound guy. Waste of time.

And I'm not being pretentious about this either. Because I was on the rebound shortly after my divorce. I'm very clear on the mindset.

Anything else is none of my damn business.

Old 11-09-2015, 04:05 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,910,434 times
Depends. In normal relationships, over time, stories about past relationships will come up. Is someone specifically hides those, it is a giant red flag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships