Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 08:56 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times

Advertisements

Mad tv summed it up best in the late 90s:

http://youtu.be/CblkAI0_AAw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 09:15 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Mad tv summed it up best in the late 90s:

http://youtu.be/CblkAI0_AAw
The topic reminds me of this BS episode:

Old 12-12-2015, 04:27 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
So if this is an infatuation and all fades away would it be a good idea for the family to know?

I find the whole thing a bit weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZtxBZ9D5sI

Old 12-12-2015, 11:51 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
I would give it at least a few months and even then I might just share with supportive close family.
Even with all the acceptance in the world this will turn your world upside down with no going back. Be sure ths is what you want long term, and not just now, while it is new and exciting.

Old 12-12-2015, 12:09 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeAth34 View Post
I am not having a bisexual relationship.By all standards my current relationship would count as a gay monogamous one.I dont care how people label it.I am in love with that guy and he also seems to be with me.The most pressing issue for me here is that I dont know how I am supposed to manage this whole change in my life.Until a couple of months ago people knew me as a straight guy who was all about women.There is a transition here and I am not sure how I can handle it.My boyfriend is a different person with different experiences.Ok I hear what he tells me and I get how supportive he is but for me this is a pretty unique experience.He has been out as a gay man for a long time now so its not new for him.For me on the other hand this is a pretty complicated situation.How do I come out as?''Biromantic heterosexual''?No one will even get that.I dont plan to end the relationship.On the contrary I feel that he might be the love of my life so this is why I am freaking out with these things...
Why are you so eager to go from one "box" to another "box"? You were so, so straight...now you don't say you're bi but not exactly gay (only with him)...but you still want some definition.

It's only been TWO weeks! Can't you just slow down and experience it? It's like people so busy taking selfies that they can't even enjoy what they are actually doing - why do you have to tell anyone ANYTHING? With your last girlfriend did you tell your whole family after a couple weeks that you were a couple? What's the point?

Way too much drama.

Old 12-12-2015, 07:16 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Telling every one you are gay may have negative consequences eg; Be a shame if you tell your boss you are gay then he turns out to be homophobic and as a result you end up having to quit the job when he makes your work life a living hell because he doesnt like gays.

Old 12-13-2015, 06:03 AM

75 posts, read 56,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
With your last girlfriend did you tell your whole family after a couple weeks that you were a couple? What's the point?
No,but then again I havent felt so strong about my ex gf.It is not a matter of ''excitement''.I am not a teenage boy who gets excited over nothing.I havent experienced anything like this in my life and I know that sooner or later I will have to go public since I do not intend to break up with him.It's obvious that we have strong feelings for each other.I doubt this will change anytime soon.

Old 12-13-2015, 06:07 AM

75 posts, read 56,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Telling every one you are gay may have negative consequences eg; Be a shame if you tell your boss you are gay then he turns out to be homophobic and as a result you end up having to quit the job when he makes your work life a living hell because he doesnt like gays.
I am not gay.But everyone will perceive me as gay.Like I said I dont care about how they perceive me per se.The problem is how do I explain what is happening to me and be believable.I get that I will face the same stigma gay people face and yes it is making me somewhat anxious but my bf is supportive with this.

Old 12-13-2015, 06:19 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,947,312 times
Stop the relationship and go back to women- you seem very confused right now. That is my advice.

Old 12-13-2015, 08:18 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeAth34 View Post
I am not gay.But everyone will perceive me as gay.Like I said I dont care about how they perceive me per se.The problem is how do I explain what is happening to me and be believable.I get that I will face the same stigma gay people face and yes it is making me somewhat anxious but my bf is supportive with this.
You are in a relationship with a guy. You are physically intimate with the guy. Technically that makes you gay, in a gay relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships