Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 01:24 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detguest View Post
I call BS. I do not know a single deer hunter that doesn't utilize the meat.
"You call BS"? Aren't you adorable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 01:24 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Bingo

You are literally paying someone to do the dirty work for you so that you can look down on someone who goes out and collects their meat on their own.
Collecting meat or collecting facebook pictures of all the bucks and how many points they have?

Gimme a break. At least be honest and say you do it because it's fun.

And I guess that's fine for you, but I could never respect someone who had that mentality enough to date them.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:26 PM

146 posts, read 91,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I know a LOT of hunters.
ALL of them eat their kills.
Every single one.

But ALL of them do the whole hunting thingl for fun. They're not out there because they suddenly crave venison. Which you can incidentally buy in stores.
It's FUN.

I think that's a weird (if not outright sick) mentality.

Let's kill things for fun!
I've never hunted, but I don't shame them for enjoying their sport and the thrill it gives them. Humans have hunted and killed from the dawn of time. Just because you are passive does not make them bad people.

Secondly, the states mandate hunting to control populations of most of these animals. It actually has to happen.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
"You call BS"? Aren't you adorable.
Mocking me does not make you less of a hypocrite.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:30 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times
Quote:
If you eat meat, you are OK with animals being slaughtered.

To disagree with hunting but you still eat meat, you are OKing one type of killing (one that in all reality, is much more brutal and inhumane) because it suits your needs, and then shaming another type of killing because you don't like men getting a thrill from it? Even if they use the meat?

Please. You are a hypocrite.
I prefer the phrase "calling a spade a spade".

It is one thing to kill to eat. It's another to get one's rocks off because they got the "trophy buck" (which is another way of saying "getting a thrill from it").

Shaming? Meh. If someone could honestly tell me that they go out in deer season to get meat and don't give a crap about the trophy aspect of it, that I can respect. And, no, I don't understand the "thrill" of it. That, to me, goes way beyond just getting something to eat, and something that I sincerely don't want to be involved in.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
I prefer the phrase "calling a spade a spade".

It is one thing to kill to eat. It's another to get one's rocks off because they got the "trophy buck" (which is another way of saying "getting a thrill from it").

Shaming? Meh. If someone could honestly tell me that they go out in deer season to get meat and don't give a crap about the trophy aspect of it, that I can respect. And, no, I don't understand the "thrill" of it. That, to me, goes way beyond just getting something to eat, and something that I sincerely don't want to be involved in.
I am calling a spade a spade. You're a hypocrite.

Killing is OK, but only if it suits your needs and wants.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:33 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
I've never hunted, but I don't shame them for enjoying their sport and the thrill it gives them. Humans have hunted and killed from the dawn of time. Just because you are passive does not make them bad people.

Secondly, the states mandate hunting to control populations of most of these animals. It actually has to happen.
You don't shame people who take joy in killing another living creature?

It's one thing to kill them to survive (since the dawn of time) or thrive (farming, agriculture). But to do it for fun. Do you really not get the difference?

I'm not passive. If I have to kill something in order to live, I'll do it. But there's no joy in that. Pure pragmatism.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You don't shame people who take joy in killing another living creature?

It's one thing to kill them to survive (since the dawn of time) or thrive (farming, agriculture). But to do it for fun. Do you really not get the difference?

I'm not passive. If I have to kill something in order to live, I'll do it. But there's no joy in that. Pure pragmatism.
No I don't. Whatsoever.

I'm surprised you anti hunters are able to enjoy pork, beef or chicken. Watch Food INC to understand why you are hypocrites on this issue.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:39 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,384,993 times
Shopaholic.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:39 PM

1,843 posts, read 3,057,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
Horses.

I avoid horse girls like the plague. Horses are extremely needy and I've noticed the women I've dated that were into that made them their priority. Everything in their life revolves around horses.

I just don't see the appeal either, horses were replaced by dirtbikes years ago!
I work with a 'horse girl'. She even rode the thing down the isle for her wedding...she has wedding pics of just her & her horse plastered all over her cubicle, and maybe 1 of her husband. Someone asked her once if she married her horse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships