Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 10:01 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,016,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I would disagree with most of these. Its not just the sex but the lying.
Where's the lying?

Old 02-04-2016, 10:14 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
I would disagree with most of these. Its not just the sex but the lying. First you have to be honest with yourself. Have you been lying about things too? If you have that may help. But if not, then I'd suggest some honest discussions. Many women manipulate men to get what they want out of a man, like maybe a good provider and father of children, but not necessary the guy they really want in the sac. But they figure they'll settle for the guy with the bucks. I've heard of women who will do this. Don't get fooled. Time for honesty before you tie any knots.
Maybe I missed it, but where did the OP say she lied?

Old 02-04-2016, 10:19 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,888,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boise06 View Post
I know that I need to get over it. Not going to let this ruin two great years so far. Just kind of makes my stomach churn knowing that the week before we met the first time we were texting and chatting on the phone. So while we were having innocent conversations and setting up our first date, it appears that at the same time she was lining up a hook up.
So what?

I'm going to be brutally honest here. Your obsession over this is pathetic and screams of a man with massive insecurities. Stop analyzing and judging the choices she made before she'd even been on a date with you and start analyzing why you're obsessing over something that doesn't matter.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:25 AM

8 posts, read 6,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Where's the lying?
She wasn't lying, was fairly upfront about the one night stand. Only thing she has been fuzzy on was the timing. She made it sound like it was a month or so before we were interacting. I looked over my old texts and phone call logs and I was chatting with her a few days before and on the same day she had the one night stand. Then we met the following day. Looked back at some of my old texts and she told me that she was unavailable the afternoon/evening in question because she had to go drive one of her kids back to college. So did tell me a little white lie the day before our date. But our first date was almost perfect, she gave the appearance of being a conservative, church going woman and we hit it off because of that. So what's throwing me off is the sweet innocent chatting before our date and on our date while at the same time she was trolling on Tinder.

Not going to rock the boat now, guess I just needed to vent and get it off my chest. I was in blissful ignorance up until a week ago. The past is the past.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:30 AM

22,595 posts, read 47,698,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
What is it with these people who get ticked off that their current GF did something BEFORE they ever met?

How was she to know that she would meet you the day before you met? Is she psychic? Did she visit a fortune teller?
Maybe you need to accept that she had a life and was living it BEFORE she met you, just like you had a life and was living it BEFORE you met her.

Really... talk about unreasonable expectations!

Old 02-04-2016, 10:31 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
She has college-aged children? So you are middle-aged or older adults and you still feel that she owes the same sexual timeline to every man she is with?

Old 02-04-2016, 10:32 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,910,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boise06 View Post
I know that I need to get over it. Not going to let this ruin two great years so far. Just kind of makes my stomach churn knowing that the week before we met the first time we were texting and chatting on the phone. So while we were having innocent conversations and setting up our first date, it appears that at the same time she was lining up a hook up.
This is your problem and your insecurity. If you can talk about this with her in a manner that puts none of the responsibility on her, but lays everything out as your own insecurity, then that will probably help.

More than likely, what you need to hear from her is that it is OK for you to feel insecure about this. That will help you to get over this. The one big thing that will make this not work, however, is if you lay any kind of blame or responsibility on her.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:33 AM

22,595 posts, read 47,698,122 times
Quote:
I would disagree with most of these. Its not just the sex but the lying.
There is no lying.
No need to inject that into the conversation.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:41 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,888,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
This is your problem and your insecurity. If you can talk about this with her in a manner that puts none of the responsibility on her, but lays everything out as your own insecurity, then that will probably help.

More than likely, what you need to hear from her is that it is OK for you to feel insecure about this. That will help you to get over this. The one big thing that will make this not work, however, is if you lay any kind of blame or responsibility on her.
Well said.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:08 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
She has college-aged children? So you are middle-aged or older adults and you still feel that she owes the same sexual timeline to every man she is with?
Holy mackerel. Two kids in college? So the OP's girlfriend is, what, mid-40s? 50? The insecurity and possessiveness seriously made me think the OP was in his early 20s. It's also pretty weird that he's piecing all this together, two years later, based on a "drunken Yelp review" and his texting history.

I kind of want to read that Yelp review though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships