Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 10:41 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,039,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I was open to dating both childless men and divorced fathers. The serious boyfriend before my husband is a divorced father of two. Blending our families definitely had its challenges. It was one of the reasons we decided to split.

My husband was never married and childless when we met. He was "undecided" about having children of his own, mostly because, now in his mid-30s, he was unconvinced he'd find the right partner. Marriage also wasn't on his radar. His previous girlfriend has two kids. Kids weren't an issue for him.

We have a daughter together, and my kids from my first marriage are, as they term it, his bonus kids. He's bonus dad.
Aww that's sweet. I like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 10:42 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,374,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Hmmm

I find it hard to fathom that a childless man who wants children -and he would have to at least like kids to be with a woman with kids - would be satisfied with raising someone else's kids and not even have the opportunity to have a bio kid.
I have at least one friend who married a childless man about 6-8 years younger than her, and she has three kids. She's unable to have more.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:43 AM

So anyone have positive Brady bunch blending stories? So far we got none. Big fat zilch. I think that says volumes... I am looking for the relationship that lasts, not one with blending complications.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:44 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,233,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Why would a man without kids be motivated to date a woman with kids? Usually, unmarried men without kids are not interested in spending a tremendous amount of time with children that are not their own, such as the amount of time that goes into a parenting type relationship.

Not that there is anything wrong with that......

Old 03-18-2016, 10:45 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,281,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
So anyone have positive Brady bunch blending stories? So far we got none. Big fat zilch. I think that says volumes... I am looking for the relationship that lasts, not one with blending complications.

You've gotten answers, you just don't want to hear them.

Stop looking.

Focus on you.

Re-read Faith's last post. Several times.

That's the only answer that you need.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I have at least one friend who married a childless man about 6-8 years younger than her, and she has three kids. She's unable to have more.
Great story!

I mean I could lie to a guy and say that I would be willing to have more. Would probably even get pregnant a few times, but every pregnancy will result in a miscarriage, anywhere from 4-15 weeks in. I would rather just be honest and say I can't carry any more kids. My body won't allow it. That ship has sailed. My fertile years were 15-25. By 30 pregnancy was a huge struggle.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
You've gotten answers, you just don't want to hear them.

Stop looking.

Focus on you.

Re-read Faith's last post. Several times.

That's the only answer that you need.
That's not even anything that was asked. We all know I won't give up the idea of meeting someone, so no use giving that advice. Topic at hand, single dads or childless men... That is it.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:50 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Last two single dads did not work. My sons dad had no kids when we met. It was ideal in the kid sense. He treated my daughter like his own while he lived with us. He now lines with a single
Mom of two kids. He treats her kids like his own and does not want to support the bio son he has with me that does not live with him. He has zero to do with my daughter. He is like very out of sight, out of mind with kids. He thinks that he should only support the kids in his care. Again, no idea what's up with that mentality. I would have never expecting him to act this way after he left us, because for 7 years he was a good dad. Since leaving he has turned into someone I don't even recognize father wise.

And you cite this scenario as a success to model your future dating choices after?

And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-18-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
And you cite this scenario as a success to model your future dating choices after?

Oh he definitely has some mental issues going on... But I home we were together it worked out way better that he did not have kids prior and he treated my daughter like his own. Now he does not even want his bio child, so we know mentally he ain't right. That is a given. I would not mind emulating that relationship just with a sane individual this time.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:52 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Well, here's the tricky bit.

Kids do not get any sort of say in the person their parent chooses to marry.

I really don't think it was just he kids. The first way she told the story was kids don't want to come to her house, Grand dad says he won't watch the kids, and BF doesn't want her and kids at his house.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships