Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2022, 07:34 AM

6,878 posts, read 4,880,771 times

Advertisements

Vaulted ceilings are a pain in the tush to clean. A constant cobweb battle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 08:10 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Vaulted ceilings are a pain in the tush to clean. A constant cobweb battle.
Yeah, different issue, but I love the century old moldings in my condo... but boy do they hold the dust.

Old 01-17-2022, 09:12 AM

6,878 posts, read 4,880,771 times
I have a backpack vacuum but I still have to drag a ladder around. And some parts can only be reached with a long extension pole while being on the ladder. It's the main reason I am wanting a new house. I don't think I will find a cleaning person to do what I do. Location, floor plan, and ease of cleaning are high my list. Actually, if I move, I suppose I will find there will be something aggravating that I didn't consider.

Old 01-18-2022, 05:10 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
About old people and cleaning.

When my mom was getting older (and had physical limitations), I would offer to clean for her. She wasn’t too thrilled with the idea, but I couldn’t understand why. I thought of it not being a big deal.

Now that I am closing in on the same age bracket my mom was back then (and some limitations due to family history -UGH), I can completely understand why she didn’t want help. Getting older (for some) means you can’t do things for yourself (climb on a ladder, for example). Having to admit that after being independent is tough to swallow.

A person might not be able to do certain tasks after having a life of full of determination to get tasks done. Then, if an older person doesn’t want to bother family members, then it will cost to get help - if it can be found at all.

Old 01-18-2022, 05:18 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,542,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I have a new obsession.

I wanted some new hobbies, and as most of mine are indoor ones, I wanted something outdoors. I had been mulling over archery, and lo and behold, DH bought me a bow for my birthday.

Today is the first chance I've had, and I LOVE it, and seem to have a proficiency with it, after a bunch of fumbling around and youtube videos.

My bow arm looks like I am a domestic violence victim, and I have blisters, but once I figured out what needs padding, I am good to go.

So now the house won't get clean, dinner is iffy and I'll be using all the ice to bring down swelling until I get some mastery.

Gotta follow the bliss....

I tried archery once.

I know that what they say about the Amazons is an old fiction, but I can see how the rumor got started. That is why I tried it once.

Old 01-18-2022, 05:54 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,326,273 times
Has anyone heard anything of Raena77. She hasn't been on this site in 1.5 years. She used to post in the CDR Chat Thread a good amount.

Old 01-19-2022, 12:31 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Has anyone heard anything of Raena77. She hasn't been on this site in 1.5 years. She used to post in the CDR Chat Thread a good amount.
I don't know. I know some posters eventually come back under different usernames, and some just drift off to return seldom or not at all...

I hope that she is well, whatever the case may be.

Old 01-19-2022, 01:12 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Yeah, I haven't seen her or a few other regular CD chat thread posters from way back. Good for them. I've been scaling back my CD use a bit over the years, but I'd like to ween myself off completely at some point. CD is about the only social media that I really use. I'm on FB but not much. I was on twitter for five minutes, that place is way too toxic.

Social media is most certainly is a double edged sword in some ways, particularly for younger people. Younger people don't get that a lot of what you see on social media isn't always real or is exaggerated etc etc.

Many people's live aren't nearly as interesting or as fabulous and many people tend to portray.

Old 01-19-2022, 01:46 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, I haven't seen her or a few other regular CD chat thread posters from way back. Good for them. I've been scaling back my CD use a bit over the years, but I'd like to ween myself off completely at some point. CD is about the only social media that I really use. I'm on FB but not much. I was on twitter for five minutes, that place is way too toxic.

Social media is most certainly is a double edged sword in some ways, particularly for younger people. Younger people don't get that a lot of what you see on social media isn't always real or is exaggerated etc etc.

Many people's live aren't nearly as interesting or as fabulous and many people tend to portray.
There are parts of this site that can be pretty toxic, too. And yet...I feel it provokes me to think. On many topics. And I like that part of it. I had to learn the hard way, though, not to share anything here that I was in a truly emotionally raw state about. Don't bleed into the water where there be sharks!

I'm not sure what to think of the last part of what you say here, though. I have friends who really do lead interesting and sometimes fabulous lives, but I enjoy following them on Facebook. They don't make me feel bad about my life. Because I know I'm not cut out for the lives they have chosen, but I enjoy having a window into what they are up to. I know a couple of people who live as wanderers, travelers. I would not want to, but I like to hear about where they go and what they see. I like a good road trip, but I also like having a home base to return to at the end of it.

And I have friends who are talented artists, writers, performers and musicians. I like to enjoy their creative work and sometimes support them. They are far more talented than I am, but that doesn't bother me. I am just happy that it seems I'm worthy of their friendship.

Old 01-19-2022, 05:47 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Over the last couple of years, this place has lost its appeal to me. Couple that with moving 2x, my career change and advancement, travels and I don’t find this place interesting enough to come by often. I do visit the pro football forum often because I think of that topic I’m a subject matter expert at analysis. Here, I’ll give my opinion but I volunteer I’m not an expert of any sort.

I try to use social media as a tool above all else. A tool to find out what I can do to help in social justice work, a tool to have debates and difficult conversations, and a tool to stay involved with my friends that are in other parts of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships