Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2022, 10:23 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
That's great. My ex had several cousins who made that a career and iot worked out well for them.
One of my buds from way back is a firefighter. He's the captain of his crew actually. I think you have to be a certain personality type to do that type of job, really for all of those first responder types, including nurses. It not really just a job with them, at least from what I gather.

I still remember watching the events of 9/11 and thinking to myself, those people are running toward the building in an effort to save lives where they could. I just can't imagine that.

I remember seeing some older middle age chunky guy running right toward where a camera person was filming and this dude was just running like the wind. I've never seen a chunky middle aged guy move so damn fast.

I think he blew the cameraman's hair back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 10:27 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
One of my buds from way back is a firefighter. He's the captain of his crew actually. I think you have to be a certain personality type to do that type of job, really for all of those first responder types, including nurses. It not really just a job with them, at least from what I gather.

I still remember watching the events of 9/11 and thinking to myself, those people are running toward the building in an effort to save lives where they could. I just can't imagine that.

I remember seeing some older middle age chunky guy running right toward where a camera person was filming and this dude was just running like the wind. I've never seen a chunky middle aged guy move so damn fast.

I think he blew the cameraman's hair back.
You get that weight moving and it's a force of nature

Old 01-25-2022, 05:01 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
You get that weight moving and it's a force of nature
And for some of us, once it’s starts moving, it’s difficult to get it to stop. LMAO

Old 01-26-2022, 01:25 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Andre finally got accepted to the paramedic/fireman academy. He’s been waiting for 4-1/2 years. He’s pretty pumped and I am really happy for him. He starts training in May. I am gonna hav my very own fireman! Lol
This is awesome! Congratulations to both of you!

Old 01-27-2022, 12:40 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Sydney, I'm so glad for you and your hubs for this milestone! I wish him all the best on his upcoming training.

Just had to share this little tidbit I came across recently. When you think of the year 1970, the span of years since then to now (2022), the exact same amount of years when measuring the span of years before 1970 would take you back to 1918. I actually had to do the math to confirm, because it seemed IMPOSSIBLE.

Yikes!

Old 01-27-2022, 12:49 PM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Yeah, there was meme going around on social media about how the distance between 1980 and today is the same as the distance between 1980 and 1938. Which is true, and also, how dare you?

Old 01-27-2022, 01:01 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yeah, there was meme going around on social media about how the distance between 1980 and today is the same as the distance between 1980 and 1938. Which is true, and also, how dare you?
Holy Mother. Sometimes these realizations are SUCH a slap in the face with reality.

That one will sting for awhile.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-27-2022, 01:12 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
The year span thing is pretty weird. I've never thought about it in those terms. I mean I guess it's obvious when you stop and think about it, but kind of interesting.

Kind of dovetails into the whole technology advancements and that sort of thing.

You think about people that were around before planes, cars, TV, indoor plumbing and electrical and a whole slew of other things. Then these same people living up to say maybe the late 50's or 60s and how much change they've seen over their 70 plus years or so

I'm wondering if this generation will ever see such a leap like that. Unless something super mind blowing comes out because I think people are so immersed in technology advances that I doubt we'll see something on that same type of scale, but who knows, I guess time will tell.

Old 01-27-2022, 01:35 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
I think that we have so many technological advancements, all the time, we are just used to it.

I think the internet is the huge, mind blowing, life changing tech of our generation.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-27-2022, 02:20 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think that we have so many technological advancements, all the time, we are just used to it.

I think the internet is the huge, mind blowing, life changing tech of our generation.
And smart phones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships