Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2022, 02:00 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times

Advertisements

I'm super glad for you moongirl!!! It's exactly how you should have been treated.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 02:13 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,282,642 times
That is sweet. Thank you.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or if you mean it but if you do, truly I appreciate that.

Its a terrifying place to be in when one feels they are in danger and they are not believed. Or are in any way shamed for speaking up.

I guess I know this because not too long ago I was there. I can't even express it fully now without imagining a bunch of eyes rolling or people imagining horrible things about me. Why not just give sympathy and support? Its an awful place to be in.

That's why 20s story hit me so hard. That woman could have been me and it could be you, or anyone. There are unbalanced people out there and you never know when one is just going to hone in on you, for no good reason. Because you remind them of someone else maybe. So it doesn't even have to be about you or anything you did to draw that attention.

I am just still remembering the terrified sleepless nights I went through and feeling helpless knowing I was at the complete mercy of whether or not these cops and judges believed me.

Its just awful we are still here in 2022.

RIP to this woman who got killed

Old 02-05-2022, 02:14 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
The one thing when interviewing, investigating, or enforcing that drives me to drink is the ditzy girl thing. Oh, and criers male or female. I have had more men cry than anything. I’m ugly enough to where women don’t flirt. So I have that going for me; which is nice.

Old 02-05-2022, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
That is sweet. Thank you.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or if you mean it but if you do, truly I appreciate that.

Its a terrifying place to be in when one feels they are in danger and they are not believed. Or are in any way shamed for speaking up.

I guess I know this because not too long ago I was there. I can't even express it fully now without imagining a bunch of eyes rolling or people imagining horrible things about me. Why not just give sympathy and support? Its an awful place to be in.

That's why 20s story hit me so hard. That woman could have been me and it could be you, or anyone. There are unbalanced people out there and you never know when one is just going to hone in on you, for no good reason. Because you remind them of someone else maybe. So it doesn't even have to be about you or anything you did to draw that attention.

I am just still remembering the terrified sleepless nights I went through and feeling helpless knowing I was at the complete mercy of whether or not these cops and judges believed me.

Its just awful we are still here in 2022.

RIP to this woman who got killed
Oh no. I absolutely meant it. No sarcasm at all. I had a guy I didn't stalk me all over the place before, and had a peeping tom leave me notes.

It makes you feel very vulnerable, and I am not fond of that feeling. Even the stalker I have now is making me uncomfortable, and it's more of a passive rather than active situation at this point. Although they have recently upped the ante, thus my trip to the sheriff.

Old 02-05-2022, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The one thing when interviewing, investigating, or enforcing that drives me to drink is the ditzy girl thing. Oh, and criers male or female. I have had more men cry than anything. I’m ugly enough to where women don’t flirt. So I have that going for me; which is nice.
I would not have pegged you for law enforcement, and that's a compliment.

I suspect they are lucky to have (had) you.

Old 02-05-2022, 02:31 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,282,642 times
Yes, its an awful feeling. Its truly terrifying. Maybe its hard for people who haven't experienced it to grasp how bad it feels.

I am sorry you are experiencing stalking. I do hope its getting nipped in the bud. Quick assertive action is the best route and engaging the authorities as soon as possible. And documenting everything so the courts if they get involved have the necessary evidence.

Thank you for the support and best wishes with your situation.

Old 02-05-2022, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I would not have pegged you for law enforcement, and that's a compliment.

I suspect they are lucky to have (had) you.
I am not full on LEO. I am in a very specialized field. It is more regulation than letter of the law. It is fun reading people.

Old 02-05-2022, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I am not full on LEO. I am in a very specialized field. It is more regulation than letter of the law. It is fun reading people.
That explains it.

Old 02-05-2022, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That explains it.
It sure does. I wish I would have done things a bit differently 20 years ago.

Old 02-07-2022, 12:29 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,713,279 times
Checking in and saying hi! How was your weekend?

Happy Monday all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships