Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2016, 10:42 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,771,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDayGuy View Post
Because it's presumptive and selective. That's what makes it insulting.

I'd rather everyone speak to each other like human beings instead of every conversation becoming a chess game of possible interest/rejection.

Again, it's the WAY it happens and why it happens that bothers me. I've explained it so many times.
You've explained that you believe it happens because you are ugly, right?

That's the assumption that most of us are having trouble understanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 10:53 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,055,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

This! Geez.

OP, unless you're a mindreader, you can't know.

A few suggestions were made anyway, giving the benefit of a doubt that perhaps these women's motives are exactly what you say they are (though we don't know you OR these women), to try to help you change this circumstance since it is bothering you but you don't want to hear them. Instead you take offense and exaggerate what we're saying and talk about how our answers are all apparently baloney and some sort of City Data conspiracy to annoy you personally.

Well then, what do you want from us, really? I know you mentioned you'd like to know if it happens to other guys. When you didn't get many bites in that direction you made the claim that you have a friend it happens to. Okay, so you solved that "support" issue yourself. What else? You don't seem to be asking for help but rather, asking for confirmation that 1. women are entirely shallow, in every circumstance (and are liars), 2. only handsome men can get women, 3. the women are definitely bringing up boyfriends in order to keep you from asking them out (??) and 4. this happens to every non-handsome guy, all the time. I don't know that we can necessarily do all that for you. So I am at a loss...I'm sorry. I hope whatever the issue is here, you come to terms with it.

Old 06-22-2016, 10:54 AM

155 posts, read 260,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

"Ugly" is subjective.

I have many male friends who are "Hollywood pretty" (I live in Los Angeles and work in the entertainment industry) and even before I worked in the industry, I've seen the difference in how they are treated vs me and my not-as-hot-guy friends.

Again - I'll say it again and again and again - with the same group of women, my actor friends don't have boyfriend-mentions slipped into random, innocent conversations like it happens with me.

What is so hard to understand about what I'm saying?

Old 06-22-2016, 10:59 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,055,262 times
Quote:
"Ugly" is subjective.

I have many male friends who are "Hollywood pretty" (I live in Los Angeles and work in the entertainment industry) and even before I worked in the industry, I've seen the difference in how they are treated vs me and my not-as-hot-guy friends.

Again - I'll say it again and again and again - with the same group of women, my actor friends don't have boyfriend-mentions slipped into random, innocent conversations like it happens with me.

No kidding...it's the same with beautiful women. Yes, the men drool all over them. So what? Most women manage to find a mate anyway. So do most men...who, mostly, are average in looks, career and so on.

Are gorgeous people treated differently? Duh, of course. Most of us women have watched the "gorgeous girls" get freebies left, right and center in all areas of life. So? We still have our own lives, we still accomplish our own aims. Nothing will ever stop people from fawning over beautiful people. Yet, non-Hollywood gorgeous people manage to have lives, fun and mates anyway.

You can cry all day and night about how unfair it is that pretty people are treated differently, but that won't change a thing.

Now if you're literally talking about actors, Hollywood-handsome actors, well duh.

But them being Hollywood-handsome still doesn't explain this happening TO YOU even when they're not around..right?

I seriously think you never wanted any answers or help here. You just wanted to cry, and have other people say "I know...poor you. And...those witches."

We can't because you're not talking sense.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:09 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,375,666 times
Quote:
"Ugly" is subjective.

This thread has got me thinking back through all my flirtatious encounters (that's a lot of encounters ) and I do recall a couple women mentioning their SO's. I don't think there's a man alive (good looking or ugly) that this hasn't happen to them during a flirtatious encounter.

Or do you expect every women to be single and attracted to you?

Your problem is that youre too sensitive and insecure. And you're blaming women for it.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:10 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,771,101 times
Quote:
"Ugly" is subjective.

What makes you think we don't understand what you are saying?

Oh. Now I see.

You think "understand" means "agree."

Who taught you that garbage?

Old 06-22-2016, 11:11 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,060,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

Your problem is that youre too sensitive and insecure. And you're blaming women for it.
Yep.

Everyone "gets" your point, OP. We know what you're TRYING to say.

You just don't like the answer.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:13 AM

48,580 posts, read 34,973,721 times
If a guy starts talking to me out of the blue, then yep, I bring up my husband.

Why? Because most guys are usually only starting conversations to ask you out (not all, and less the older I get!!), so it gives them the information they need to move on, or stay and chat.

It's a just in case move that benefits both parties.

So if you are so bothered, start chatting with guys instead of women.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-22-2016, 11:13 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,320,635 times
Well women have to let men down easily because some men can snap on them if they're mean about it. There have even been women who were shot for rejecting a man. I honestly can't blame a woman for being cautious since a lot of men can't handle rejection all that well.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:05 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,551,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Well women have to let men down easily because some men can snap on them if they're mean about it. There have even been women who were shot for rejecting a man. I honestly can't blame a woman for being cautious since a lot of men can't handle rejection all that well.
Hello 49er

I completely understand what you're saying mate but in reality there's no excuse for " snapping " at a woman especially when your most probably the cause of her outburst

Most of the time men choose the wrong time and place to approach and with a complete disregard for her current mood and whether or not it's appropriate .....

From my experience the only time most women will be rude and mean in turning down a bloke is when they have been rude in asking or picking an inappropriate moment.

That's the best thing that an experienced bloke learns is timing, I'm sure you've heard the saying " fools rush in "? ..... That's very relevant to this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships