Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2016, 05:04 PM

302 posts, read 230,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
But it does bother him. He wants to be treated the same like his good looking friends.

Only if he would just admit to this, we would all understand.
yep, damn life isn't fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 05:07 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
But it does bother him. He wants to be treated the same like his good looking friends.

Finally hit the nail on the head with this post.

It all makes sense now.

Old 06-25-2016, 05:13 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDayGuy View Post
Right.

And sometimes, when that's done, the guy in question may not have been interested in you to begin with.

That's my point.

That's a given. It's a prophylactic move.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-25-2016, 05:23 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:

This is definitely OP's elephant in the room.

Old 06-25-2016, 05:37 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by free.spirit View Post
yep, damn life isn't fair.
Yup. Life can be very cruel sometimes.

I'm sure, I'm treated differently compared to my good looking male friends.

Damn you beautiful people! Lol

Old 06-25-2016, 06:26 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
If you weren't interested anyway, then it shouldn't bother you! Simple.
Exactly.

How is this difficult?

Old 06-27-2016, 09:27 AM

155 posts, read 260,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
This is definitely OP's elephant in the room.
Selective comprehension seems to be yours.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:32 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That's a given. It's a prophylactic move.
Mikala said "prophylactic." (snicker)

Yes. And a well-known "nobody gets hurt this way" one. When it's EVERY woman, though...oh, never mind. Anyone here who wants to get it, gets it.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:34 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDayGuy View Post
Selective comprehension seems to be yours.
OP, whether you come clean or not about what you're REALLY feeling does not affect us.

The only person it affects is you. To us you're coming off as scorned, envious, and entitled. All of this other stuff you've posted seems more like a crutch/cover up for your true feelings. I don't know your TRUE intention for sure but what I stated earlier APPEARS to be the case. Your mention of how your "good looking" friends get treated different confirms that fact. As I have said before, it affects no one but you.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:45 AM

155 posts, read 260,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
OP, whether you come clean or not about what you're REALLY feeling does not affect us.

The only person it affects is you. To us you're coming off as scorned, envious, and entitled. All of this other stuff you've posted seems more like a crutch/cover up for your true feelings. I don't know your TRUE intention for sure but what I stated earlier APPEARS to be the case. Your mention of how your "good looking" friends get treated different confirms that fact. As I have said before, it affects no one but you.
Define "come clean."

Seriously. I've probably explained the situation to its core at least 10 times (at least) and because of your own perceptual filters, you cannot accept what I'm saying is what is actually happening.

Your implicit bias informs that everything I'm saying MUST be the result of some kind of action that I'm doing that:

1) I'm not even aware of.
2) Is causing the women to react to me as if I WERE flirting with them.

There's no consideration of the possibility that I am telling you all the 100% truth and you cannot even entertain the possibility that there are shallow women who assume I'm interested in them when making polite, platonic and innocent conversation.

I'd ask you to hold up your high powered observational techniques to a mirror and realize that you likely bring your own biases and perceptions to this conversation. You and several others are projecting some deep-seated attitude about men onto me as if I were some wacked out Men's Rights guy and I'm not.

I'm fully aware of my body language, syntax, physical space and choice of vocabulary. I'm not a sociopathic dude who is unaware of the realities of our world.

The simple fact that women I've run into treat some guys one way and other guys another way based on looks apparently is a foreign concept to many women in this forum.

That, or some folks just want to be needlessly contrarian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships