Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 04:16 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDayGuy View Post
Of course you'd exit stage left, if a guy is just being nice, but not hot, then why talk to him?

I don't have an issue with myself. I'm who I am. I've been clear on that too.

But to be a jerk toward a guy and assume he's interested?

That sucks.
Okay, now you're moving the goalposts of this conversation--who said that there's no reason to talk to a decent guy unless he's hot? Why is preemptively subtly hinting that she's not interested being a jerk? Actually being a jerk is something completely different.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 06-27-2016 at 04:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 04:16 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Oh I 100% agree with this. That's another thing the women in this thread refuse to admit.

RE-fuse.

Any conversation, no matter how innocent, is seen as an attempt to get into their pants.

It's mainly narcissism.

You're participating in a bit of selective reading yourself. Here ^^^ you ignore the most important part of that post, which is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
They are trained this way due to our culture of overly aggressive men and the mass quantity of men that want to date 4 women at a time. They play the numbers game asking just about any woman out.
That doesn't fit your agenda here, though. Also, post #233 is the only one where you've calmly made a point. The rest? Angry, yes, defensive, and closed-minded. The first response was an abberration. The rest were definitely not angry, and MANY were from men!

Quote:
Advice does not = accusation.

Bam.
OMG did you just write "bam"???

Old 06-27-2016, 04:27 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
See, here's a prime example of the completely unnecessary sarcastic and insulting remarks.

Even your name says a lot about you. "Dont Hate you because you're beautiful."

Of course you'd exit stage left, if a guy is just being nice, but not hot, then why talk to him?

I don't have an issue with myself. I'm who I am. I've been clear on that too.

(Reading. Comprehension. https://www.amazon.com/Shallows-What.../dp/0393339750)

But to be a jerk toward a guy and assume he's interested?

That sucks.
The irony is rich with this one. You know what sucks? Your attitude toward women.

You'd be assuming what I'm assuming. And yes, please tell me what my name says about me aside from being the tag line from a Pantene commercial?

You are concluding that someone mentioning their boyfriend is an affront to you. A woman is a jerk in your world if she is preemptive when you are 'just being nice'.

You think you are coming off nice, and that women are being witches with a b for not treating you like you're a hot guy (because you're so NICE, right?) - this may be a newsflash to you, but you do not come off as nice. at all.

Try talking 'nice' to a woman who is not at all attractive. On a scale of 1-10, she will be a three or less. Do it. See if she also mentions her SO. Based on your theory, she will also mention her SO in some random non sequitur fashion. Why not run this little experiment and let us know what happens?

Old 06-27-2016, 05:09 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,041,600 times
So is it fair to say you don't have a lot of female friends, OP?

Old 06-27-2016, 05:24 PM

155 posts, read 260,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

Try talking 'nice' to a woman who is not at all attractive. On a scale of 1-10, she will be a three or less. Do it. See if she also mentions her SO. Based on your theory, she will also mention her SO in some random non sequitur fashion. Why not run this little experiment and let us know what happens?
See, I treat everyone the same. I know that's a weird thing to some people, but I believe in an egalitarian spirit based on hard work and social justice. I don't believe in oppressing any human being nor do I believe that a person should be judged purely on superficial nonsense.

I've had many long conversations about art, science, politics, literature and life itself with women who would be considered "plain" or "homely" and NOT ONCE is there some kind of assumption of romantic interest.

I guess it depends on what people look like.

Sadly.

Old 06-27-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
So is it fair to say you don't have a lot of female friends, OP?
Actually, I have many women friends.

Some are married, some are single, some are in long-term relationships.

I'm not a misogynist. I don't have issues with women.

I literally wanted to know how people felt about this subject.

But, some folks aren't interested in that discussion.

Old 06-27-2016, 05:51 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
See, I treat everyone the same. I know that's a weird thing to some people, but I believe in an egalitarian spirit based on hard work and social justice. I don't believe in oppressing any human being nor do I believe that a person should be judged purely on superficial nonsense.

I've had many long conversations about art, science, politics, literature and life itself with women who would be considered "plain" or "homely" and NOT ONCE is there some kind of assumption of romantic interest.

I guess it depends on what people look like.

Sadly.
So it appears the women who bring up the SO (the shallow "jerks") are the attractive women. You know what to do.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
So it appears the women who bring up the SO (the shallow "jerks") are the attractive women. You know what to do.
This reminds me of a song.

Tessie, nuff said MacGreevy shouted,
We're not here to mess around...

Foot wipes and shoes in the air.

Yup.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:22 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
We're not here to mess around...

Foot wipes and shoes in the air.

Yup.
(shhhhhh exit stage left, he's just about to pass out now, poor little thing, arguing day and night. Don't make a sound or it'll just start up all over again)

Old 06-27-2016, 07:17 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I've had a few women scream at me for opening doors for them and I was embarrassed because people started staring. I was just trying to be nice but lesson learned. I haven't opened a door for a woman since.
Wow. That has never happened to me, but I believe it. It does happen.

I have held open doors for women. I've gotten a range of reactions from them just walking through to a woman just staring lovingly through me calling me a sweetie. It was like she was going to kiss me on the cheeks or something.

But, the screaming and yelling is really sad. There was no need to feel embarrassed by that. It says more about her than you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships