Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 03:04 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDayGuy View Post
You do know a collective of women made that video to highlight the hypocrisy in behavior that I've been outlining.

Self righteousness makes it difficult to consider the larger picture.
Well now you're just talking in circles. You posted that video after explaining: a guy who isn't hot enough just feels creepy approaching women due to the fear of rejection. But over HERE you've spent all of your indignant double-talk energy expounding on the fact that you HAD NO INTEREST and these women bring up their BFs. So which is it? You feel creepy cause you're not hot and women reject you when you come on to them, or women are all narcistic things who think youre coming on to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 03:05 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,199 times
Quote:
It bothers me for several reasons:

1) It makes an incorrect assumption about my behavior.
2) I know what I look like, and I'm okay with that, but the use of the "boyfriend mention" on me and not on others is silly. Why? See #1.
3) The topic of our conversations don't often "fit" with the casual mention of the SO. (i.e. books, politics, career prospects, my own work in the entertainment industry, science news - and when I worked in the bookstore - work-related business).
4) It's a narcissistic thing. I'm not a fan of narcissism.
5) My own disappointment that being a gentleman is often confused with interest.
Women in the US think every man wants them and is after them so if you don't have a ring on, the conversation you're making with them leads them to believe that you are going to ask them out. They think there has to be some ulterior motive for you to be putting in the time and effort to talk to them. They are trained this way due to our culture of overly aggressive men and the mass quantity of men that want to date 4 women at a time. They play the numbers game asking just about any woman out. Like I said I get this all the time because I'm middle aged but not married. They assume guys like us are one of the players or creepers that asks for nudie pics over the internet.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 06-27-2016 at 03:19 PM..

Old 06-27-2016, 03:29 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
How many guys who post here say they have no interest in talking to women unless they are sexually interested in them, and they have no interest in women as friends? A LOT.

So OP? You are not the only person out there with an opinion.

Personally I am not interested in trying to please everyone, as it is impossible, because everyone has different opinions.

Perhaps it would behoove the OP to take that fact into consideration as he complains that women do not behave how he likes.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-27-2016, 03:30 PM

155 posts, read 260,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I mention my partner in casual conversation pretty frequently. It has nothing to do with "letting someone down easy", it's just that he is a major part of my life and as such, when talking about my personal life (weekend plans, travel, etc) his name comes up.

It's not always about you, OP.
I guess you missed where I've posted (multiple times) the topics of conversation:

3) The topic of our conversations don't often "fit" with the casual mention of the SO. (i.e. books, politics, career prospects, my own work in the entertainment industry, science news - and when I worked in the bookstore - work-related business).

Old 06-27-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Well now you're just talking in circles. You posted that video after explaining: a guy who isn't hot enough just feels creepy approaching women due to the fear of rejection. But over HERE you've spent all of your indignant double-talk energy expounding on the fact that you HAD NO INTEREST and these women bring up their BFs. So which is it? You feel creepy cause you're not hot and women reject you when you come on to them, or women are all narcistic things who think youre coming on to them?
It took me a minute to figure out what you're saying.

Okay, the video is a comedic one that shows how women react differently to men based on their level of attractiveness.

Obviously, because... you know... comedy.

However, that behavior is not fake. What's shocking is how many women here are in denial about the superficiality of women in general and how no one wants to admit that what I'm saying is true in some cases.

I've already explained that I'm not interested in these women. I truly believe there's a reading comprehension issue at play.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Women in the US think every man wants them and is after them so if you don't have a ring on, the conversation you're making with them leads them to believe that you are going to ask them out. They think there has to be some ulterior motive for you to be putting in the time and effort to talk to them. They are trained this way due to our culture of overly aggressive men and the mass quantity of men that want to date 4 women at a time. They play the numbers game asking just about any woman out. Like I said I get this all the time because I'm middle aged but not married. They assume guys like us are one of the players or creepers that asks for nudie pics over the internet.
Oh I 100% agree with this. That's another thing the women in this thread refuse to admit.

RE-fuse.

Any conversation, no matter how innocent, is seen as an attempt to get into their pants.

It's mainly narcissism.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:39 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,041,600 times
Quote:
Oh I 100% agree with this. That's another thing the women in this thread refuse to admit.

RE-fuse.

Any conversation, no matter how innocent, is seen as an attempt to get into their pants.

It's mainly narcissism.

Uh, no. But if you are determined to go through life with a chip on your shoulder about 50% of the population, then have at it! It actually doesn't hurt anyone but yourself.

My SO thinks so too.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:41 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:

RE-fuse.

It's mainly narcissism.

Which IS what a lot guys her say, that they won't bother talking to you unless they have an interest in going out.

So you should be scolding THEM.

Bottom line OP? I heard your points, and will continue to "husband drop" in conversations. I won't waste any brain cells trying to determine if the guy is hitting on me or not. Sorry it bugs you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-27-2016, 03:42 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
After silently reading 25 pages of this, I seriously don't understand why OP has his boxers in a wad. If you're not interested in a woman, why does it matter that she wants to make it plain that she's not available? It reads as if he just wants women to confess to being narcissists, whether or not that's actually the case. You don't want to go out with a narcissist, right? So bullet dodged. The fact that this conversation has gone on for days and days says more about the OP than it does about women in general.

Quote:

RE-fuse.

It's mainly narcissism.
I like how you complain about reading comprehension when you completely ignored the rest of that poster's point:

Quote:
They are trained this way due to our culture of overly aggressive men and the mass quantity of men that want to date 4 women at a time. They play the numbers game asking just about any woman out. Like I said I get this all the time because I'm middle aged but not married. They assume guys like us are one of the players or creepers that asks for nudie pics over the internet.
For the average woman, if most guys who strike up a conversation with her out of the blue want something from her, she's going to be defensive about interactions.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 06-27-2016 at 04:13 PM..

Old 06-27-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Uh, no. But if you are determined to go through life with a chip on your shoulder about 50% of the population, then have at it! It actually doesn't hurt anyone but yourself.

My SO thinks so too.
No chip here.

Reading. Comprehension.

https://www.amazon.com/Shallows-What.../dp/0393339750
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships