Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 03:54 PM

155 posts, read 260,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
After silently reading 25 pages of this, I seriously don't understand why OP has his boxers in a wad. If you're not interested in a woman, why does it matter that she wants to make it plain that she's not available? It reads as if he just wants women to confess to being narcissists, whether or not that's actually the case. You don't want to go out with a narcissist, right? So bullet dodged. The fact that this conversation has gone on for days and days says more about the OP than it does about women in general.
The responses are what shocked me early on.

The immediate, dismissive and full-of-anger agenda driven responses.

That's why. I'm just attempting to clear up my actual beliefs instead of having them thrust upon me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 03:55 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
I didn't really see any anger.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-27-2016, 03:58 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
After silently reading 25 pages of this, I seriously don't understand why OP has his boxers in a wad. If you're not interested in a woman, why does it matter that she wants to make it plain that she's not available? It reads as if he just wants women to confess to being narcissists, whether or not that's actually the case. You don't want to go out with a narcissist, right? So bullet dodged. The fact that this conversation has gone on for days and days says more about the OP than it does about women in general.
Because he believes that his hot friends aren't subjected to this 'poor' treatment by all the shallow, narcissistic wimmins, just unattractive dudes like himself get the SO-drops in random conversations.

Too bad he's not a hot guy, because this would then be a non-issue to him. But alas, he is not hot like his friends, so bitter guy is bitter. His beef isn't with women, it's with his unattractiveness. He won't ever see it that way though. If he acts in life as he has demonstrated himself to be in this thread, then even if he looked like Magnum Mike he still wouldn't like how women acted around him - I know I'd be thinking exit stage left the moment he opened his mouth.

Old 06-27-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I didn't really see any anger.
Because it wasn't directed at you.

There are like 10 pages of women telling me that I did something creepy to make these women react that way despite countless posts where I explain the situation with clarity.

That leads me to believe that they don't want to consider what I'm saying and that they have a specific agenda at hand.

Old 06-27-2016, 04:03 PM

29,738 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDayGuy View Post
That leads me to believe that they don't want to consider what I'm saying and that they have a specific agenda at hand.
Or it's just that their advice conflicts with your specific agenda and isn't what you want to read (i.e. all women are narcissists.)

Old 06-27-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Because he believes that his hot friends aren't subjected to this 'poor' treatment by all the shallow, narcissistic wimmins, just unattractive dudes like himself get the SO-drops in random conversations.

Too bad he's not a hot guy, because this would then be a non-issue to him. But alas, he is not hot like his friends, so bitter guy is bitter. His beef isn't with women, it's with his unattractiveness. He won't ever see it that way though. If he acts in life as he has demonstrated himself to be in this thread, then even if he looked like Magnum Mike he still wouldn't like how women acted around him - I know I'd be thinking exit stage left the moment he opened his mouth.
See, here's a prime example of the completely unnecessary sarcastic and insulting remarks.

Even your name says a lot about you. "Dont Hate you because you're beautiful."

Of course you'd exit stage left, if a guy is just being nice, but not hot, then why talk to him?

I don't have an issue with myself. I'm who I am. I've been clear on that too.

(Reading. Comprehension. https://www.amazon.com/Shallows-What.../dp/0393339750)

But to be a jerk toward a guy and assume he's interested?

That sucks.

Old 06-27-2016, 04:06 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Because it wasn't directed at you.

There are like 10 pages of women telling me that I did something creepy to make these women react that way despite countless posts where I explain the situation with clarity.

That doesn't explain your earlier characterization of anger. Someone disagreeing with you isn't the definition of anger.

Old 06-27-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Or it's just that their advice conflicts with your specific agenda and isn't what you want to read (i.e. all women are narcissists.)
Advice does not = accusation.

Bam.

Old 06-27-2016, 04:08 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
It took me a minute to figure out what you're saying.

Okay, the video is a comedic one that shows how women react differently to men based on their level of attractiveness.

Obviously, because... you know... comedy.

However, that behavior is not fake. What's shocking is how many women here are in denial about the superficiality of women in general and how no one wants to admit that what I'm saying is true in some cases.

I've already explained that I'm not interested in these women. I truly believe there's a reading comprehension issue at play.
Thanks for trying to understand me🐙
Some women are superficial. So are some men.

I never start talking about a s/o because I'm afraid a guys about to show his interest. Even if I'm right about that, I can make the choice when it happens. I don't get scared and start making up stories like a lunatic. No need to think 3 steps ahead.

When I was married I mentioned my husband a lot. I had a very small world so he was a big part of it. That's the only intention I had though. Nothing ulterior.

Now do us a favor, take a breath, don't work on your next reply, just think: "could some of this irritation and miff actually be about how I feel about myself?"

Old 06-27-2016, 04:12 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:

But to be a jerk toward a guy and assume he's interested?

That sucks.
No one condoned being a jerk to a guy who talks to you. Telling you we are not single is not being a jerk.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships