Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 04:33 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
She was insecure regardless, you're right.

But she never did have it in her head that I was going on tour and cheating on her, until after I told her that story.

The two of them weren't very good friends or anything. The 4 of us did go out together a few times, and even spent a week at his family's beach house and weekends a few times. I remember the next time my girlfriend saw his girlfriend, she kept saying for the rest of the night ''She's so nice and so pretty! Why did he cheat on her? Poor Jenny!''.
Actually, I would bet money that she always had concerns in her mind. Your telling the story about your friend just enabled her to bring her views to light!

I can't bear the thought of someone repeatedly saying the same thing during the course of an evening. I.e in the situation you described above I would be thinking "say your piece and let it go. Don't keep harping on about it as if that will change anything".

You can see that I clearly don't have the temperament to date someone insecure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 04:49 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
You can't fly like an eagle if you are hanging around the turkey's.

He's gunna cheat on you!

Old 08-16-2016, 12:58 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,010,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pip View Post
Note: "Friends" - Plural. Not just one friend.

I've been dating this guy for over a month and we're really happy but sometimes when I hear him talk about his friends it makes me wonder about him. If his group of friends were more diverse then I wouldn't care but when I notice similarities then it starts to make me wonder. His best friend had cheated on his fiance and has a past, his other friend is a football player and he talks about girls just give it up so easily and walk into his hotel room. He talks about his other best friend and how every time they hang out it gets "dangerous". I asked him what do you mean by "dangerous" and he said "We just drink and hop from one bar to another..." I felt like he avoided going into detail because maybe he could see he was digging himself into a hole? I could have asked "Well what happens when you guys drink?" but I didn't.
What really got me thinking about this even more was at work I overheard my Nigerian coworker saying that he couldn't have a friend that cheats on his wife and disrespects his mom but then I thought that's just cultural morals etc.
We both talked about our past relationships. He said he's never cheated on anyone. Another thing and I know you can't judge someone based on their family but his parents cheated on each other and he opened up to me about how it effected him, which is why he's not married yet because he's being really cautious and wants to really make sure she's the one and not go through what his parents went through.

I don't know, it's just stuff that got me thinking.

I have to say it all depends on that individual person..period.We all have had or have friends whom we know have cheated or done some things that wasn't cool...BUT some people still are friends with those people...I can see though as the saying goes...You are the company that you keep. It all depends on the person though in the end.If you feel that his friends are just so horrible...then I guess I can see why you would be worried about why or how your bf could be friends with people like that..or hang around them.Maybe he could be partaking in the drama but maybe not.If it bothers you so much...then you should think about ending the relationship because to tell someone to give up their friends...probably will not happen.

Old 08-18-2016, 01:44 AM

1,253 posts, read 2,947,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codergirl View Post
I have to say it all depends on that individual person..period.We all have had or have friends whom we know have cheated or done some things that wasn't cool...BUT some people still are friends with those people...I can see though as the saying goes...You are the company that you keep. It all depends on the person though in the end.If you feel that his friends are just so horrible...then I guess I can see why you would be worried about why or how your bf could be friends with people like that..or hang around them.Maybe he could be partaking in the drama but maybe not.If it bothers you so much...then you should think about ending the relationship because to tell someone to give up their friends...probably will not happen.
Who said anything about that? I never once mentioned that. Weird.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:48 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I believe you can tell a lot about a person by the company they keep.
Absolutely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships