Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 01:51 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
True, we have to assume that if he's 6' 215# he's not a muscular/fit 215#. He should address that, it only gets harder as you get older.

And that will, or should, help with the insecurity.
When I graduated high school, I think I was about 205-ish pounds and 5 foot 11.

Now I'm 165 pounds or so and have been for 6, maybe 6.5 years now and I feel like my stomach is looks worse. Now when I say worse, it doesn't stick out. I don't have a gut at all. I usually wear a medium sized t-shirt and my belly does not stick out at all. It's not a gut or a belly, it's just that my stomach is mostly belly fat and excess skin. I think I weighed 285 pounds in 2007, that was my peak. And I was around 275 in February of 2009, then I wound up losing 100 pounds in the next year. I've kept it off since.

Unfortunately, if you've ever been really big, you'll have a harder time getting your body (with your clothes off) to look really amazing. But I'm not so insecure that I left my shirt on for almost a year into dating someone. I must have taken it off maybe after the second or third time we hooked up. Like I said, it looks fine when laying on my back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 02:18 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,988,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
I suppose in your mind that means becoming one of those who a obsessed on depilatory acts?

Face it, we rug backs are more natural. We WILL inherit the earth! Mahahahahaha!

if you expect your woman to shave, why shouldn't you if you have tons of hair there?

Old 08-17-2016, 03:12 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,133 times
I have a hairy chest and stomach, this was an insecurity of mine at 16. I shaved it a few times back then and quickly stopped, because it wasn't worth the hassle.

I could really care less about it at this point though.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:54 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,389,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
if you expect your woman to shave, why shouldn't you if you have tons of hair there?
How do you shave your own back? There's no cheap option unless you enlist the GF to do it for you - doesn't that defeat the purpose? I'm not in favor of extreme shaving for either sex.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:59 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,017,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
How do you shave your own back? There's no cheap option unless you enlist the GF to do it for you - doesn't that defeat the purpose? I'm not in favor of extreme shaving for either sex.
Don't ask me how I know.

http://top10for.com/wp-content/uploa...ack-Shaver.jpg

Old 08-17-2016, 04:37 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Would you say the same thing if a woman didn't want to have her bra off during sex, and then suggest having the guy just rip it off?

Obviously, the guy likely has some hangups, but at the end of the day, you can't/shouldn't force him (or anyone) to do something they don't want to do.
I was told straight up by 2 different women the bra "stays on". In both cases it was flap jacks from a lot of weight loss. I can completely understand if there is something going on.

Old 08-17-2016, 05:14 PM

15,220 posts, read 10,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
Man boobs... its man boobs.

Maybe he has a third nipple? LOL.

Old 08-17-2016, 05:17 PM

1,553 posts, read 925,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
I suppose in your mind that means becoming one of those who a obsessed on depilatory acts?

Face it, we rug backs are more natural. We WILL inherit the earth! Mahahahahaha!

"Depilatory acts", eh

I've been known to do a little manscaping as needed, 'Hillbilly, but I was actually talking about physical fitness and proper nutrition which, when done consistently and correctly, will result in a leaner, more muscular physique.

Way too many overweight and obese young dudes roaming around these days. They don't seem to care enough, or have the discipline necessary, to put in the work to improve themselves.

By the way, you must be some super chick magnet with that natural rug back...

Old 08-17-2016, 05:20 PM

454 posts, read 311,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakegirl View Post
My boyfriend and I have been together ~9 months. In the first few months we were dating, I noticed he never took his white undershirt off when we had sex but I didn't want to say anything and make him feel bad about it. I thought maybe he just needed to open up more around me. Fast forward to now, he still never takes it off during sex and it's starting to upset me. I want us to both to be naked and intimate. I haven't confronted him about it but I feel like at this point I have to. He's fine being naked by himself just not around me.

Also, he refuses to take a shower with me. This is something I've done with previous boyfriends early on in our relationship but still can't do with my current boyfriend. He also won't go swimming in the ocean water with me and claims he "hates pools."

I know overall this is a small problem in regards to our relationship but when thinking about long term, I don't want to be with someone that is essentially afraid of the water and has these big insecurities.

What do I do?

Edit: Just to add that I do not think my boyfriend is fat or anything like that. I know it's because he is insecure about his weight/chest hair. He's 6'0 and ~215 lbs but I love him no matter what, I just want him to accept himself because I do
Sounds like he's just insecure about his body. Tell him how much you love his body and find it sexy and do it often and be persistent. Sooner or later he may get comfortable enough to take his shirt off. Be patient. If you really care about him you'll let him go at his own pace and you'll be reassuring.

Old 08-17-2016, 05:27 PM

37,474 posts, read 61,432,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Maybe he has a third nipple? LOL.
I have one of those. I see no reason to hide it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships