Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 05:45 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,029,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Trying to prop up a person who is extremely insecure becomes exhausting after a while. You can't fix someone's insecurities. They have to do that themselves.
And having no support from one's partner is a fabulous start to overcoming insecurity.

If the OP cannot recognize this, then yes, best to leave the guy to someone who will actually be supportive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 06:31 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,447,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Same with men. Plenty of men hate women having hair on anything but their head. Some, I eve hear saying women are "supposed to be" smooth and hairless.

The hairless trend has been going on now on both sides where many people now are just repulsed by the sight of body hair.
Yep, that's correct. Many men seem to want a prepubescent look on a woman.

What a far cry from how things were when I was a teen or even earliest adulthood.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:02 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,651,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakegirl View Post
I'm honestly not sure but it's a combo of his weight and hairiness. I've seen him shirtless once when he was in the bathroom and he doesn't have any rashes or scars. Next time we are about to have sex I'm going to try and take off his shirt and if he stops me I'll confront him.
Honestly I think you just have to tell him you'd really enjoy it if he took his shirt off with you. Even tell him you love a man with hair his hair and body etc.. Give him confidence with it as it sounds as if that's what's going on.

I can have a good bit of hair that I don't care for either, that's why I trim/shave it. I love having my shirt off. Very comfortable. I like looking good with it off also though. I exercise like a mad man so I don't like to feel insecure with my shirt off.

I'd imagine the issues is an insecurity with him.

Last edited by Mikelee81; 08-16-2016 at 07:24 PM..

Old 08-16-2016, 08:46 PM

19 posts, read 39,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I would have gone against all the advise given here and just take his shirt off when we get naked next time. Not after 9 months though, probably after the 3rd time doing the loveydovey thing. And if he refuses, I would turn the lights off to make him feel better and next time I leave them on.
This is what I'm going to do. I know its hard to believe from this post, but we are close to one another and talk about everything I've just been avoiding this but I don't want to anymore. If he tries to stop me I'm going to tell him I want us to be completely intimate and I think he's perfectly handsome the way he is. I think at that point he's going to give in but if not that's okay too. It's not a deal breaker

Old 08-16-2016, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
He's probably accustom to quickies, thus, the shirt remains on.

How long does he last in bed, OP?
Surprisingly a long time. He's the first guy I've slept with that actually makes me orgasm before he does and really cares about my pleasure. The previous partners I've had were more focused on themselves

Old 08-16-2016, 08:55 PM

25,652 posts, read 17,396,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakegirl View Post
This is what I'm going to do. I know its hard to believe from this post, but we are close to one another and talk about everything I've just been avoiding this but I don't want to anymore. If he tries to stop me I'm going to tell him I want us to be completely intimate and I think he's perfectly handsome the way he is. I think at that point he's going to give in but if not that's okay too. It's not a deal breaker
Go for it. You have already decided it is not a deal breaker, so the downside is very limited.

MANY times it takes a firm nudge to get someone over the top, and you only need to succeed once. If you succeed, then the road is clear; if you fail you can try something else, later.

Old 08-16-2016, 08:55 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,861,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
He's probably accustom to quickies, thus, the shirt remains on.

How long does he last in bed, OP?
Long enough to unzip and get a grip?

Old 08-16-2016, 09:01 PM

19,764 posts, read 20,334,973 times
Just rip his shirt off and oil him up for a massage. How can sex even be enjoyable when his back and chest are off limits? How do people live like this...?

Old 08-16-2016, 09:04 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,416,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Just rip his shirt off. How can sex even be enjoyable when his back and chest are off limits? How do people live like this...?
Would you say the same thing if a woman didn't want to have her bra off during sex, and then suggest having the guy just rip it off?

Obviously, the guy likely has some hangups, but at the end of the day, you can't/shouldn't force him (or anyone) to do something they don't want to do.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Just rip his shirt off. How can sex even be enjoyable when his back and chest are off limits? How do people live like this...?
What do you mean by off limits? It really doesn't alter the experience that much..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships