Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 11:29 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,445,244 times

Advertisements

Someone posts a thread about online dating and sooner or later a man will respond something like this:

"Even moderately attractive women are bombarded with messages from thirsty dudes. They're going to be picky. They get a level of validation they would never get on a normal night out."

We've all seen it. Apparently getting dozens, even hundreds, of ignorant, one word, poorly written copy-paste, 500 miles away, sexually graphic messages is apparently "validating" and inflating our egos.

So here's my suggestion, Ladies Of City-Data: Whenever a male posts a comment like the above, we will absolutely spam his inbox with the exact same types of messages we get from online dating sites and apps!

We could even divvy up roles! A few people can send the single word messages: "Hey" "Sup"
A few can send the broken English, copy-paste from someone overseas. A few can send a handful of the "I can tell you've read my messages and you're online, why won't you respond? Are you a stuck up *****???" messages. A few can send the entirely text-speak messages "Hry? Wnt 2 chat?"

Feel free to copy and paste the very messages you yourself have received!

And I will personally handle the sexually vile messages with my personal, all time favorite inbox message: "I wanna *** on yr face."

Maybe, just maybe they'll get the idea.

Old 03-25-2017, 12:37 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,359,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
We've all seen it. Apparently getting dozens, even hundreds, of ignorant, one word, poorly written copy-paste, 500 miles away, sexually graphic messages is apparently "validating" and inflating our egos.
For a lot of women, it does inflate their ego, a bit, IMO.

Imagine not getting any responses on OLD? Absolutely none.

From what I gather, a lot of guys would be ecstatic if they even got a response back, Lol.

Old 03-25-2017, 12:41 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,875,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
...Someone posts a thread about online dating and sooner or later a man will respond something like this:

"Even moderately attractive women are bombarded with messages from thirsty dudes. They're going to be picky. They get a level of validation they would never get on a normal night out."

...A few can send a handful of the "I can tell you've read my messages and you're online, why won't you respond? Are you a stuck up *****???" messages. A few can send the entirely text-speak messages "Hry? Wnt 2 chat?"

Feel free to copy and paste the very messages you yourself have received!

And I will personally handle the sexually vile messages with my personal, all time favorite inbox message: "I wanna *** on yr face."

Maybe, just maybe they'll get the idea.
Thank you. That's my favorite, I went online for 30 seconds to read a message bc I received an email that I had a new POF message. 30 seconds out of 24 hours, and while reading that message I had an incoming that was: "still fishing huh? You are one picky btch "

Boy did my ego inflate! I was strutting around like a peacock. Someone's watching me real close, aren't I special?
I got a lot of that.

I locked my car doors after sitting there in the dark after work one night, creeped out reading message after message about how I didn't respond, I must be out with someone now, and that's good since I'm "an ugly old btch" who can go "spread my legs for someone else." Similar after I said it wasn't going to work to a guy who was way too enthused, I don't like posessiveness and being watched.

I'll find the message and paste it here for my humble brag about how every psycho wants me.

It's so much better for women, some of us get 5 more messages after 'goodbye' in case we'd like to argue about it. That's why I read my messages, I was looking for someone to argue with...? No, a guy with his wife looking for a "3rd'? That's what I aspire to, being someone's 3rd. No names necessary.

Lots and lots of messages. I am now so validated I won't be going back.

*ETA: These 40% or so were enough to make it too irritating or overwhelming, there were some nice guys I probably missed out on, and a few I met--I understand that, it just wasn't worth the hassle of what has to be waded through.

Last edited by RbccL; 03-25-2017 at 12:51 AM..

Old 03-25-2017, 12:48 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,359,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Thank you. That's my favorite, I went online for 30 seconds to read a message bc I received an email that I had a new POF message. 30 seconds out of 24 hours, and while reading that message I had an incoming that was: "still fishing huh? You are one picky btch "

Boy did my ego inflate! I was strutting around like a peacock. Someone's watching me real close, aren't I special?
I got a lot of that.

I locked my car doors after sitting there in the dark after work one night, creeped out reading message after message about how I didn't respond, I must be out with someone now, and that's good since I'm "an ugly old btch" who can go "spread my legs for someone else." Similar after I said it wasn't going to work to a guy who was way too enthused, I don't like posessiveness and being watched.

I'll find the message and paste it here for my humble brag about how every psycho wants me.

It's so much better for women, some of us get 5 more messages after 'goodbye' in case we'd like to argue about it. That's why I read my messages, I was looking for someone to argue with...? No, a guy with his wife looking for a "3rd'? That's what I aspire to, being someone's 3rd. No names necessary.

Lots and lots of messages. I am now so validated I won't be going back.
Sorry, Hun, but I giggled reading this, Lol

Why do women keep going back to OLD, knowing they get nothing but lewd crazy AF creepy messages?

Old 03-25-2017, 12:54 AM

540 posts, read 363,261 times
Online dating sites part of the charm is you can say things you wouldn't say in real life

Sorry ladies that men have been f complete jerks to you.

We aren't all that way...Some of us are quite gentlemen...

Last edited by Eternal Nightsong; 03-25-2017 at 01:04 AM..

Old 03-25-2017, 12:54 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,875,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Sorry, Hun, but I giggled reading this, Lol

Why do women keep going back to OLD, knowing they get nothing but lewd crazy AF creepy messages?
That's ok, I laugh too! I added an edit.

Old 03-25-2017, 03:04 AM

52,307 posts, read 52,764,750 times
So acting like a douchbag back is the way to get this fixed??????

Last edited by Chowhound; 03-25-2017 at 03:35 AM..

Old 03-25-2017, 05:40 AM

914 posts, read 738,756 times
Quote:
For a lot of women, it does inflate their ego, a bit, IMO.

Imagine not getting any responses on OLD? Absolutely none.

From what I gather, a lot of guys would be ecstatic if they even got a response back, Lol.
I think that was MoonBeam's point though, that being on the other end isn't a great experience either. We can argue all day long about what is "worse", no messages or lots of spam, so by giving the complainant the very experience that they claim makes online dating so "easy" for women, they might realise that it isn't in fact easy for us either.

Old 03-25-2017, 05:44 AM

1,199 posts, read 731,546 times
Aw, I'm glad my point struck home enough for you to write a whole post about it.

The fact of the matter is, women receive much more attention than men in OLD. If you truly believe it doesn't affect your sense of self, or that you don't give guys the time of day that you actually might have in real life, well then more power to you.

Old 03-25-2017, 05:46 AM

473 posts, read 307,914 times
Quote:

Because, one day, a prince could answer

I never used online dating sites but still got some weird stuff from elsewhere.

What makes me laugh is that those guys with those messages still don't understand why they are not pleasant people to be with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships