Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 03:06 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,703,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor_McCheese View Post
The wife has Pharingitits/Strep throat but was already taking antibiotics for it. The hospital is only about 10 min away. I actually dropped her off and then went home to use the bathroom. I returned about 20 minutes later and stayed the remainder 4 hours.

Next time I might just have to drop her off though. She can call me when she's ready. I have some Xbox to play.
Wow! You ARE a jerk! Xbox is THAT more important huh, then waiting for your WIFE? I'm sorry that she's such a burden for you...

NOT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 03:50 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,606,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
That's just weird...
No it is called caring about your partner - some people do

Old 03-18-2008, 07:31 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,375,580 times
Hmm... that sounds like something my WASband would have done.

For him, it was not considered being a jerk. It was who he was, and who he was was perfect.

He liked Playstation though.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:50 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,348,336 times
Why would you take your wife to the ER for strep? You sound pi**ed off for having to have done it so many times. Is she a hypochondriac that likes to hang out at the ER?
Why would you drop her off and then drive home to use the bathroom? Why not use the bathroom before going to the ER?
And the Xbox? Are you joking or do you think nothing at all of your wife to be playing around with a toy when she is crying out for attention or are you sick and tired of the way she cries out for attention?

Old 03-18-2008, 08:28 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,710,775 times
Well, if you have little ones that you have to bring w/you to wait for 4 or more hours, then we'd probably done the same thing. We don't have any family around and the only sitter we ever had has moved away. It is very difficult to have babies/toddlers around to wait that long....

Old 03-18-2008, 09:06 PM

135 posts, read 503,840 times
From a young buck learning in the world somewhere I got the gentleman streak in me! Heck yes you should of gone in there with your wife ! No questions ask dont ever do that again ! She notices everything you do and tells all her friends and angels in her prayers ! She will remember all the times you went in the emergency room with her even for the minor things ! if you have to go to the E room its not minor in my opinion ! She could of seen something awful and needed you at that moment to comfort her !!!

Old 03-18-2008, 09:31 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,906,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Now, I will say this. At the time my wife unexpectedly went into a labor, my business was struggling and I had a huge presentation with a prospect who was flying in from out of town specifically for the meeting. Seriously, you just don't know how important this meeting was.

So, my wife was all hooked up. I looked at the nurse and the OB and asked, "How long will it be." The doctor told me, "At least eight hours."

My wife looked at me and said, "Go to your meeting. Please."

So I drove down to my office, walked into the office with about five minutes to spare, and gave a great presentation. After the presentation, I got up and said to my client and his assistants, "I'm really sorry. But I've got to go." The prospect looked a bit ticked off, and I explained, "My wife's in labor."

She got a big bouquet from my brand-new client the next day.
See now? That's nice and perfectly acceptable as far as I can see because you and your wife have agreed that the presentation was fairly crucial and you got yourself back to her asap.

McCheese, I do hope your wife gets to return the favor!

Old 03-19-2008, 12:47 AM

1,244 posts, read 3,226,884 times
Quote:
Is it being a jerk of a husband if you drop your wife off at the emergency room instead of going in with her if it's a non life threatening illness?

Keep in mind the I have taken my wife to the ER 3 other times in the past for non life threatening illness.

For those of you who have never been to the ER for non life threatening illness, its at least a 4 hour trip.
I am going to give the benefit of the doubt that this OP is not a troll or whatever.

As a woman... unless he had to go to work or back home to take care of little children and it was a necessary ER visit however non life threatening as it may be I would expect, desire and want my husband to stay with me, afterall I would stay with him in a reverse situation.

If my husband would choose to drop me off at an ER so that he could go home and use the bathroom or play video games, he would probably not be my husband to begin with because that is just as insensitive, uncaring and unloving as I could imagine under these circumstances. Perhaps the wife would simply appreciate the company of her PARTNER during that 4 hour, or whatever length of time, wait there is.

Mari

Old 03-19-2008, 01:49 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
Quote:
Is it being a jerk of a husband if you drop your wife off at the emergency room instead of going in with her if it's a non life threatening illness?

Keep in mind the I have taken my wife to the ER 3 other times in the past for non life threatening illness.

For those of you who have never been to the ER for non life threatening illness, its at least a 4 hour trip.
My cousin had been diagnosed with bronchitis a few weeks ago. She was 40 years old. On the night of March 10th, she complained to her mom about excessive coughing and her mom decided to wait until the morning to take her to the hospital. The next morning, she couldn't stop coughing, and they called an ambulance for her. She walked out to the ambulance, but when they put the oxygen mask on her, she panicked, then died shortly from cardiac arrest.

My point is that anytime you have a chance to comfort someone as they are entering the care of medical personnel for any reason, you stay at their side. You never know.

Personally, I would accompany my wife to the emergency room every time no matter how minor I think her problem is. I know that my presence comforts her and it comforts me to know that I'm there in case the unexpected happens.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:33 AM

443 posts, read 1,793,780 times
I forgot to mention that this was at 10pm at night. Not many doctors open that late. Also she said she thought she was having problems breathing. But I think that was from the coughing and sore throat.

Don't worry everyone, she returned the favor. I got sick 3 days later. Oh and by the way, I haven't been to the doctor for an illness since I used to go to the pediatrician.

Any actually she told me to go home and that it was pointless for me to be there. But I only went home to do number 2.

And, no, I'm not trolling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships