Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 08:08 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,084,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Ask to meet her mother. That will tell you a lot more than make up removal.
That's a great idea for an app!

Old 11-16-2017, 08:12 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,315,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by comecloser View Post
that's a great idea for an app!
Yes, it is!

Old 11-16-2017, 08:12 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Ask to meet her mother. That will tell you a lot more than make up removal.
by all means! she's still a hottie and still a tiny little thing. Thanks mom!

Old 11-16-2017, 08:22 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,373,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Maybe you could try the Venn diagram joke again.
I vote for this.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:32 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,924,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Maybe you could try the Venn diagram joke again.
It's not really a joke - just a way to visualize a point

Venn Diagram: People who wear makeup, People who wear makeup because they believe it makes the people more attracted to them, and people who wear makeup only for themselves

That's what the discussion is, right?

Old 11-16-2017, 09:11 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
You know, A, when a guy isn't getting laid they get mad and lash out at women.
They do! They come to relationship boards with closed minds and all the answers as to why wimmenz is so awful. They almost always start out as new guys, then they slip up and show their ass, I mean face, I mean agenda, and the next thing you know: Poof.

So far I have gotten out of this thread:

1. New guy enjoys the thought that someone has tricked evil wimmenz and he's really getting off on thinking he blew their cover, he only likes wimmenz when he can picture them getting whats coming to them after years of rejecting him, up until he identified as gay for today.

B. One of regulars who likes to try to insult the evil wimmenz here wants to explain how children wearing makeup is a metaphor for deceitful women being attracted to pedophiles. I think. I don't know why he's always trying to insult the women, he's not even new anymore.

Good night White Knight, I'll see you in my dreams of being rescued by a funny guy that the ladies get along with, because I can never stand up for myself and am always speechless.

Oh! Look out ladies, here he comes again:
The "I got the last word on Evil Wimmens Guy" Cant you just picture him doing a little victory dance after each post?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwD5QZYpWWo

Old 11-17-2017, 03:42 AM

1 posts, read 612 times
The people who made this app, in my opinion, have touched upon something that is seldom discussed, and that's the fact that unfortunately sometimes women use makeup to pedestalize themselves. What the app seems to do is the reverse. I don't think it's trying to put women down, I think that by showing them as they are it removes the halo that some women put around themselves.

My dad used to tell me, son, if you want to talk to a girl and you're scared, just picture her on the toilet with her panties around her ankles, taking a dump.

This is a similar but in a way a very different principle. The difference between that and this app is that rather than being about fear on the man's part, it's about simply knocking an arrogant woman down a few notches, not to a level below what she is, but to the exact level that she is. It's not like it uglifies them, it just removes the makeup.

Of course, it could be used by guys who are intimidated by apparently good looking women, and for that it would be very useful as a psychological tool, but really as far as I see the important application of it would be to remind certain women that they're not special, they're just like everyone else.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:27 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
You can believe that if you want, as long as you acknowledge that the app cannot do what you think it's doing. It does not show women "as they naturally are."

It merely adds a layer of flaws that may or may not (and mostly are not) be accurate.

The "revealing" photo is fake. So yes, while you'll be getting another weapon in your battle to put women in their place, you will not actually be getting a picture of what she looks like without makeup.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:03 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
The people who made this app, in my opinion, have touched upon something that is seldom discussed, and that's the fact that unfortunately sometimes women use makeup to pedestalize themselves. What the app seems to do is the reverse. I don't think it's trying to put women down, I think that by showing them as they are it removes the halo that some women put around themselves.

My dad used to tell me, son, if you want to talk to a girl and you're scared, just picture her on the toilet with her panties around her ankles, taking a dump.

This is a similar but in a way a very different principle. The difference between that and this app is that rather than being about fear on the man's part, it's about simply knocking an arrogant woman down a few notches, not to a level below what she is, but to the exact level that she is. It's not like it uglifies them, it just removes the makeup.

Of course, it could be used by guys who are intimidated by apparently good looking women, and for that it would be very useful as a psychological tool, but really as far as I see the important application of it would be to remind certain women that they're not special, they're just like everyone else.
LOl

Old 11-17-2017, 08:43 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
He, I'm assuming, raises a good point.
Why don't children wear makeup?
Why do people react how they do when children do wear it?

Unfortunately, you're arguments didn't match your thought.

Why is it laughable that people wear makeup to be more attractive when parents don't allow children to wear makeup in order to protect them? Protect them from what?
Ah, but merely because parents are protective, does not mean that there is always a valid threat for them to be protective against.

Nor does it mean that they are thinking what you think they are thinking. There is a phrase in a book I love that explains it, "It is vulgar to color youth." For a minimum, it draws attention. Parents are protective against their children in everyday life, like school and the grocery store, drawing needless attention from strangers. Anything that says, "Look at me!" There are occasions where fancy dress, and yes even makeup, are warranted and allowable.

But as someone who has in fact been a parent for the last 18+ years, I can tell you the real reasons I wouldn't want to deal with such a thing have much more to do with an unskilled little makeup artist turning her face into a Picasso blooper, and the fact that it's already a time consuming pain in the backside to get kids ready and out the door to go anywhere, let alone waiting for one to apply makeup of all things. But then I'm pretty low maintenance, myself, so my attitude is all around "Ain't nobody got time for that."

Look, I know women who feel that they must wear makeup to even look presentable in public. They would rather that no one ever saw their faces without it. And frankly, I feel sorry for them. Because women are bombarded in our consumerist society with the ubiquitous message that "You are not pretty enough, and if you're not pretty enough no one will love you, and so you need to buy lots of expensive junk to make yourself prettier, and even if you're pretty now, you are aging every second, and no one loves an old lady so buy lots of expensive junk to make yourself continue to look as young as possible before you become a lonely old cat lady!" A woman who believes that her natural face is not fit to be seen by anyone, is a woman who has been beaten down her entire life by this and has internalized it.

A woman on the other hand, like most of us, who wears makeup sometimes because maybe we like to, but isn't filled with anxiety about being seen without it, is going to roll her eyes, as I am doing, at how patently sillysauce this "app" and thread, is.

The OP, I am guessing, is one or more of the following:
- The creator of the app, dodging TOS by saying "Google it!" instead of linking it, because that's too obvious a marketing attempt.
- A gay man who is angry because he has admired straight men who wouldn't partner with him but instead preferred women (who oh, so unfairly wore makeup as a lure.)
- A MRA/red-pillboy/MGTOW'er, who is pretending to be gay, or who has decided to be gay, because he just really doesn't like women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships