Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 01:37 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambouchier View Post
Here's a tip guys, if you really want to know what women think, ask a gay man.... we have all kinds of inside knowledge and we'll sure educate you believe you me.
Knowledge of what? Based on what?

This stereotype makes about as much sense as saying blind people have better hearing.

Quote:
Wouldn't you prefer to use that time spending it with someone who likes how you look naturally or doesn't care? This app will save you a lot of time.
Yeah, but I'll just use my non-patented idiot-detector to ferret him out well before we get to that point.

Quote:
But it may also knock your self esteem a bit, but never mind.
Nice bit of negging to toss in as you leave.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:40 PM

21 posts, read 20,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
This stereotype makes about as much sense as saying blind people have better hearing.
Actually that is true and well known. They do develop better hearing than the rest of us. Can't think why you'd doubt that.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:42 PM

777 posts, read 452,941 times
My dating profile includes a picture without any makeup. I have nothing to hide. I did get a lot of compliments on that one picture. I don't tend to wear a ton of makeup anyway, so it wasn't a drastic difference.

Quote:
Actually that is true and well known. They do develop better hearing than the rest of us. Can't think why you'd doubt that.
And my detector just went off ...

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
Quote:
Using the app is a lot quicker.
Then go for it - what's stopping you?

Old 11-16-2017, 01:44 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Regardless of what anybody says, nearly everybody would be interested to see what a woman without make up looks like, and don't you deny it.

As a gay man I have a lot of what we call *** hags and trust me, they'd all want to know lol. Here's a tip guys, if you really want to know what women think, ask a gay man. Don't be afraid, we won't bite, but we have all kinds of inside knowledge and we'll sure educate you believe you me.

But anyway I mentioned earlier that this app could have benefits for women and someone asked me what those could be. Well, like I said, think about it. Do you want to waste your time with someone who is incompatible with you? Of course not. If a guy doesn't like how you look without make up and it's a big deal for him, do you really want to waste your time? Wouldn't you prefer to use that time spending it with someone who likes how you look naturally or doesn't care? This app will save you a lot of time. But it may also knock your self esteem a bit, but never mind.
Oh, good grief! Get over yourselves, guys! So, meeting a woman for coffee is a waste of time? What if you hit it off in conversation? (Which you should have already had an inkling of, if you messaged back and forth with her a bit, before meeting.) Besides, how is determining what she looks like without makeup going to tell you if you're compatible with her? (Not personally YOU "you", OP, obviously.)

If it's that big an issue, consider that either a) you're being a bit superficial, or b) you should move to the West Coast, where, outside of Hollywood/LA and maybe San Diego, most women don't wear makeup. It tends to be very WYSIWYG out there.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Then go for it - what's stopping you?
The men I date don't wear make up. And I've seen Boy George and he looks fine without it. No app needed.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-17-2017 at 06:53 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:47 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,034,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northnomad View Post
Yes I would. It's a more authentic version of them, for a start, and I would like to know that I'd still be attracted to them in their natural state.

Oh, and I wouldn't use an "app" to determine what they were like without makeup. I'd ask them for such a photo directly. If they were uncomfortable enough to not give me one, I'd next them, probably. Shows they don't trust me much.

Aaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddd, why should they?

Old 11-16-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh, good grief! Get over yourselves, guys! So, meeting a woman for coffee is a waste of time? What if you hit it off in conversation? (Which you should have already had an inkling of, if you messaged back and forth with her a bit, before meeting.) Besides, how is determining what she looks like without makeup going to tell you if you're compatible with her? (Not personally YOU "you", OP, obviously.)

If it's that big an issue, consider that either a) you're being a bit superficial, or b) you should move to the West Coast, where, outside of Hollywood, most women don't wear makeup. It tends to be very WYSIWYG out there.
Hold it. Superficial? Who? Women who cake it on to look different, or men who simply want to see the real person? Again, I'm not understanding why you're all getting so wound up. Would you date a guy who doesn't want you anyway because of how you look without make up? Great. That's what the app is for. Saves him time, saves you time.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Hold it. Superficial? Who? Women who cake it on to look different, or men who simply want to see the real person? Again, I'm not understanding why you're all getting so wound up. Would you date a guy who doesn't want you anyway because of how you look without make up? Great. That's what the app is for. Saves him time, saves you time.
I still am very interested in the superpowers that being a gay man gives you re: women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships